Party wages are too high in 1.5.6 beta

Users who are viewing this thread

I found out what caused your problem. Read especially underlined part.

So after this change all non-player parties make about 50% less money from loot. This was needed but now it costs you more holding clan parties because their income decreased and you need to pay their food and wages. So actually clan parties should be more useful because you pay them good money (maybe in average 0.5-1K per 100 men party for their wages + food). You cannot control them much in current state of game and you feel they are not useful enough compared to their cost. With a new feature which increases your control over your clan parties things will be better.

Still it is good if you send your save game to me. I want to examine it.

Hey sorry just woke up and I played late last night on the save, I only have 2 castles and a town now, ended up returning one of the castles so I could vote for myself and snag a town. It was MUCH better finacially once I got a town. The town literally makes more than when i had 3 castles. I will send my save however in its current state.

Castles do not provide very much income and their villages get raided all the time especially if its a border castle. I dont think its fair to compare castles that are in the interior of the realm vs the castles the player will likely recieve on the border of enemy kingdoms that constantly change hands and are raided every week. Also in order to properly USE the garrison feature of a castle, you will end up spending more money on garrison wages than the castle brings in for income.

Wouldn't know if its 1.5.6 problem solely or not. I haven't been able to play it due to game crashing the moment I start a battle. Sitting on a support ticket. Once I play, if I remember this post I'll come back and share my findings. Otherwise, I guess I'll just have to take your word for it for now but I've never found it difficult to manage upwards of 5 companions or more with relatively decent upkeep. I don't expect that to be different in this version.
Way to comment before playing the version the thread pertains to too. Really helpful.

Here is my current ledger. I was making almost 1000 just from the city, but that has mysteriously dissapeared. Does a city stop giving income when it is low loyalty and near rebellion? my city is currently in a loyalty starvation death spiral, cant seem to break out of it and it just keeps getting worse. Im sure as soon as the milita grow to be larger then the garrison of the city I will lose it.

This is pretty dope and interesting situation. Much better than the beginning of the EA, and it seems it will be more interesting after more features are implementing. Keep up the good work all!

This mod is fantastic to give orders to parties looks like made by a professional developer, he should be hired by TW, sadly not work in 1.5.6., I really can't play the game without it.

This mod is fantastic to give orders to parties looks like made by a professional developer, he should be hired by TW, sadly not work in 1.5.6., I really can't play the game without it.
I have used that mod in a previous playthrough and patch. I hope developers are able to get something similar for base game. Bottom line in regard to finances though is castles need a huge boost. And something to negate excessive garrison cost. Having a castle and not using any of its garrison capacity seems like bad design imo

I have used that mod in a previous playthrough and patch. I hope developers are able to get something similar for base game. Bottom line in regard to finances though is castles need a huge boost. And something to negate excessive garrison cost. Having a castle and not using any of its garrison capacity seems like bad design imo

I don't think income from castles should be given a boost. A castle is not a settlement with bustling trading activity. That is a town. A castle is a fortified settlement, intended for military uses, i.e. an expense. That is why you have the fiefs, to help you maybe break even. To get good amount of cash, combat, trade or plenty of caravans/workshops.

@Ragemaster9999 can you send your save game to [email protected]. I wonder how your 3 castles and their villages make total of 500 income per day. I will examine a bit.

Yes, your other clan parties spend so much on food and party wages. After adding clan party management things can be a bit easier for players.

I also feel the income from workshop is too little, currently I have 5 workshop, all in pretty good prosperity cities, and I build each workshop based on the nearby village materials, olive => olive oil, silver => jewelry. but still each workshop only produce 100-200 gold per day, so 5 workshop only output 600-800. 800 gold barely cover for my troops wages

and the equipment (armor and weapon) price is also ridiculous expensive.
so15000+ gold just for one good armor, also 15000+ to open a workshop, so a armor is worth of a workshop???
I almost never buy any armor, because I can't afford it
I only equip with the looted armor and weapon
after playing 200+ days. This is pathetic.

I don't think income from castles should be given a boost. A castle is not a settlement with bustling trading activity. That is a town. A castle is a fortified settlement, intended for military uses, i.e. an expense. That is why you have the fiefs, to help you maybe break even. To get good amount of cash, combat, trade or plenty of caravans/workshops.

Except for there is nothing better about a castle over a town. If it is more military focused as you say, then its village should provide better troops whether higher tier or more noble troops than the towns, but even a town has way more recruits avaiable then the castle, because the castle itself does not have any notables, where most towns have four. My suggestion is to add a new building buildable only at castles that increases the quality of the recruits at the attached village or something similar. Give me a reason to want to own a castle, over a town, because currently there is none. There should be pros and cons to each feif type, not castle just being an inferior fief, as is currently the case.

I also feel the income from workshop is too little, currently I have 5 workshop, all in pretty good prosperity cities, and I build each workshop based on the nearby village materials, olive => olive oil, silver => jewelry. but still each workshop only produce 100-200 gold per day, so 5 workshop only output 600-800. 800 gold barely cover for my troops wages

and the equipment (armor and weapon) price is also ridiculous expensive.
so15000+ gold just for one good armor, also 15000+ to open a workshop, so a armor is worth of a workshop???
I almost never buy any armor, because I can't afford it
I only equip with the looted armor and weapon
after playing 200+ days. This is pathetic.

Go do combat or trade. You can earn your profits there.
Except for there is nothing better about a castle over a town. If it is more military focused as you say, then its village should provide better troops whether higher tier or more noble troops than the towns, but even a town has way more recruits avaiable then the castle, because the castle itself does not have any notables, where most towns have four. My suggestion is to add a new building buildable only at castles that increases the quality of the recruits at the attached village or something similar. Give me a reason to want to own a castle, over a town, because currently there is none. There should be pros and cons to each feif type, not castle just being an inferior fief, as is currently the case.

+1. I agree with you. Even some of the castles are in irrelevant locations. Hopefully TW implements such idea such as yours, and additionally retouches the world map, explained in this post by Terco_Viejo: Is real-world inspired repositioning on a large scale worth a map revision? | Page 3 | TaleWorlds Forums

Except all the other AI clans of equal tier also can support multiple parties no problem. Clearly there is a balance problem somewhere.

Because, usually, most of an AI party is bulked-out by low-tier units. You can field a lot of tier 2 dudes for very low cost. And they don't even perform that much worse. A T6 unit won't solo 8+ recruits but they cost way more than that in daily wages. And that's probably the optimal way to run your party because the only real reasons to upgrade are to get access to specific capabilities like ranged weapons, shields or mounts, or because you're at party cap and want to grow your power.

Yes. This is one of the weakest point of Bannerlord’s design. Castles should provide owner clan and kingdom some military advantage. I was already thinking about solutions of this.

Because, usually, most of an AI party is bulked-out by low-tier units. You can field a lot of tier 2 dudes for very low cost. And they don't even perform that much worse. A T6 unit won't solo 8+ recruits but they cost way more than that in daily wages. And that's probably the optimal way to run your party because the only real reasons to upgrade are to get access to specific capabilities like ranged weapons, shields or mounts, or because you're at party cap and want to grow your power.

yeah, it's very realistic now in bannerlord, one elite warrior can't fight 10 poor pesent farmer with pitch forks and rocks.

I miss my old days in warband with one man kill 100+
seems impossible to kill that many in bannerlord now
my highest records only 30+

The castles are irreverent, if the game had any logic, the armies did not roam freely everywhere, Castels are there to add color and a medieval taste to the game. If it was a real strategy game, the castles would be in choke points and forcing its sieges to advance forward.

Yes. This is one of the weakest point of Bannerlord’s design. Castles should provide owner clan and kingdom some military advantage. I was already thinking about solutions of this.

Would be great if we could access noble units easier when having castles. Plus I am currently getting 200 from a castle with 800 prosperity and 100 for each bounded village (400 in total), keeping in mind that villages have 400-450 hearts and are not raided currently (they have been raided some days ago though), is maybe 100 denars daily for a +400 hearths village too low?

(It is the Sturgian Ov Castle and I am killing bandits in the zone)

Invest in rogue for loot, medicine for less troop death, and tactics. And auto resolve a crap ton of battles for ridiculous loot you will never be able to sell enough of

I made it to mid game in my current playthrough. Im starting to notice its very difficult to maintain my own party and my companion party due to high wages recruitment cost and food cost.

Due note I currently have 3 castles with only 1 of them properly garrisoned my main fief. The others are relying on milita in order to keep garrison cost down. I also have four workshops making around 500 per day total. The castles and their villages maybe make another 500 denar per day so total income 1000 per day.

I have two party slots right now, one filled by my brother nogan the other by 'the brave' archetype wanderer. These are the real money drains. As soon as you tell them to make a party they seem to go and spend about 3k to 4 k denar on food. You can tell when they spawn in a city on the world map immediately dump 3k denar and proceed to slowly move to the nearest village to recruit at 1.0 map speed most likely due to being overencumbered. Hope a bandit doesn't intercept them during this time or bye bye 3k worth of food. Then they will spend another 2k or so just getting their troops replenished at the villages. Before its all over your 10k in the hole. Not to mention my own party is costing about 500 denar per day alot of that due to how overpriced companions are with many of them costing around 50 denar per day. Side note why does my family and brother cost gold per day the same as a tier 6 unit wtf. Early game your better off leaving your brother in tbe tavern because he cost to much to bring along in your party.

With bringing in 1000 per day and having 2 other parties active I found unable to sustain unless constantly winning big battles where battle loot essentially funded everything. And sooner or later my parties got wiped and I wiped and now I'm rebuilding and its just really really a pain. Is it possible passive income can be boosted just a little?
You need to remember that a castle was/is NOT a financial center. That's supposed to be the towns though castles could have small markets. Castles are REALLY supposed to be massive drains on an economy, hard to support. It's the villages that would give you money so the way to make castles more self sufficient is to make sure those villages are protected and allowed to prosper and send their villagers safely to the towns with goods.

You need to remember that a castle was/is NOT a financial center. That's supposed to be the towns though castles could have small markets. Castles are REALLY supposed to be massive drains on an economy, hard to support. It's the villages that would give you money so the way to make castles more self sufficient is to make sure those villages are protected and allowed to prosper and send their villagers safely to the towns with goods.

I'm well aware that castles weren't finacial centers historically speaking but game mechanics wise having them be inferior to towns in every way makes zero sense. Buffing castle finances slightly or greatly reducing garrison cost would be a temporary fix. In the perfect world, towns would have rather smaller weaker garrisons while castles would have stronger larger garrisons. Castles would also provide superior troops in the surrounding villages compared to just recruits at the town to represent the increase military focus of a castle.

Also there is no defensive advantage of a castle over a town. You can build tier 3 walls on each as far as im aware.

My suggestion is increase quality of recruits around castle villages by a new building chain.. Maybe a barracks or training field building that will increase the amount of higher tier troops spawning In castle villages besides the current exp per day to garrison structures. Also a building to reduce garrison cost would be nice. At the same time, reduce the amount of garrison cap a town can have per level of walls. Maybe add notables to the castles that have noble troops or something. Lots of stuff they could do

Back
Top Bottom