Party speed horses slowing me down?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello everyone.
Does anyone know how party speed actually works? I thought I had it figured out since it's just carry capacity horses slow you down and speed horses speed you up, but apparently it is not the case as you will see in the screenshots below. The speed at the bottom right corner before trying to buy some speed horses was 4.5, but when I add them to the party my speed actually decreases to 4.2
How does this mechanic actually work?

BEFORE ADDING
raXDUxg.png

AFTER ADDING
JrYIOmc.png

It's 2 animals per man, including mounts for mounted units I think. Might just 2 per man though.
If you hover your mouse over it it explains why. You may have hard a problem with the herd modifier. That when you have way more horses than men.
I think ATM in 1.5.7 it's not displaying properly but you can still see speed go up and down and you sell/transfer horses to get an idea where you wanna be.

So 1.5.7 doesn't display it? I'm currently playing on it. Can say for sure that trade objects, herd (cows, sheep's, hogs) and prisoners slow down.

But how horses works? Having more than 2 horses per 1 men slows down? In other versions does this is shown properly in the tool tips?

Since this last patch my speed has gone down a lot.
When my cavalry upgrades I lose some horses of a certain breed.. which is cool. I am carrying enough food for at least 30+ days and try to get all kinds. I have a lot of mules, but that didn't slow me down before.
I used to be able to chase down bandits that were on foot.. but now it takes all day or I simply can't.

Since this last patch my speed has gone down a lot.
When my cavalry upgrades I lose some horses of a certain breed.. which is cool. I am carrying enough food for at least 30+ days and try to get all kinds. I have a lot of mules, but that didn't slow me down before.
I used to be able to chase down bandits that were on foot.. but now it takes all day or I simply can't.

From the patch notes, might be related:
"Having cavalry troops within the party provides a speed bonus. The maximum speed bonus achieved through that has been reduced to 40% from 60%. The effect of this bonus caused the Khuzait faction to snowball due to the Khuzait parties having a higher cavalry to infantry/ranged ratio in comparison to other factions. This change will help reduce that snowballing."

So 1.5.7 doesn't display it? I'm currently playing on it. Can say for sure that trade objects, herd (cows, sheep's, hogs) and prisoners slow down.

But how horses works? Having more than 2 horses per 1 men slows down? In other versions does this is shown properly in the tool tips?
It does now because they hot fixed it. :party:

The herd penalty is the "too many horses" and the 2 animals including your livestock. Other items don't effect it (I think) unless you go over capacity. I say "I think" because it still list it as "cargo within capacity" when it's zero, so maybe there is a range where it slows you down, but not as much as going over.

Back
Top Bottom