Resolved "Party size limited exceeded" error message when trying to put nobles into dungeons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Zorion_no

Sergeant
Summary: I cant "donate" prisoners into dungeons cause it gives that error message.
How to Reproduce: This happends when you find a castle/town that you have helped from being conquered.
Thus the "defenders" take alot of prisoners in the castle/town, which are never removed(imo theese should be "sold by the ai" behind the scenes and give them denars perhaps).

In this case I have hold of Tyal from 2 attacks by Khuzait, and its now got over 800 prisoners if you however over the town.
Inside you'll find 5 actual prisoners in the dungone, but yet I cant donate the 1 I have.

A "work around" is if you say barter the prisoner, those seems to be able to put them into the dungeon.

While its nice to get +2 relations with wife etc, its not as great as getting the much higher relations with the owner of the town + renown etc.

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Uploaded the savefile.

I have a prisoner in my party, and save is at the entrance of Tyal, so you can just enter it go to keep, then dungoen and you'll see the donate is blanked out - reason party limit exceeded.
Hover over the town and you'll see that the garrison took ALOT of prisoners in the 2 times I've managed to hold the town.

Travel to the nearby castle of Dinar which is now under our control, hover over the castle - 0 prisoners kept by the garrison.
enter it, go to keep, dungeon - donate is now possible.

So it seems that in this beta something "bugged" out if there is alot of prisoners being kept by the garrison.

Imo prisoners kept/taken by the garrison should be dumped to free or as I said sold to give denars to the owner of the keep.

I've been informed that, this is not a bug. The reason behind you can't donate prisoners is that the castle is already full of prisoners. There is no room.
While I "get that" sort of, its a horrible feature if thats how its supposed to be.

Since this is the garrison who have the prisoners and not the lord owner of th castle/town.

Then theese prisoners should be sold of or removed from the game at a set interval.
Otherwize you end up with not being able to donate prisoners at all in dungeons or have to travel for days to get the rep for doing so etc.

Given that its been years since I had those 2 battles at Tyal and its still not been removed a single prisoner in the ones held by the garrison, while the actual dungeon is empty.

So yeah sure the case may be resolved, but you need to tell the dev to rethink this gamedesign as its a horrible feature(too put it mildly imo).

Back
Top Bottom