SP - UI Party screen - Sorting options

Users who are viewing this thread

Emax

Recruit
It would make for a nice feature for the party screen to have some sorting options for the various troop types. For example:

-Sort by Tier, so that troops are listed from highest to lowest, top to bottom

-Sort by faction

Sorting both ways together would group all your T5 empire troops together, then T5 vlandians together, then T4 empire, then T4 vlandian, for example

Another way to sort would be by formation number.

Family members and companions should always be sorted to the top, IMO.

Could make some checkboxes right on the party screen to activate or deactivate different sorting methods.

For sorting, I'm aware the lack of sorting is felt while playing the game but until we improve the "selecting which troops will spawn in the battle size limit" process, we're probably not going to implement sorting in the party screen. Because the order of troops that are selected in the party screen determines the spawn order in the battle. That means if the player sorted ascending(low to high) by tier in the party screen, their lowest tier troops will spawn first and they will probably lose all those troops. I hope I explained what I mean with this.

I was just going to post a thread about this feature.

While on the party screen, I want to sort my soldiers by their tier/rank. I spend a lot of time for this. Lowest to highest and highest to lowest option will be very helpful for many players like me.

"Because the order of troops that are selected in the party screen determines the spawn order in the battle." That's exactly why sorting is needed.

Best regards to dev team you guys the best!

I may be an odd player, because I usually have a VERY large number of troop types. (I'm not one to doomstack noble troops by forced contributions at villages; if fact, I recruit heavily from my prisoners and usually keep 40 or so around to have a good supply.)

I've long been aware that the order of troops sets the spawn order in battles. For that reason, I almost always load my Level 1, 6, 11, and 16 troops right below my companions (who I want in every battle). When you have a mixed force of Recruits and experienced types, almost all the bandit kills go to the experienced guys. They shoot farther, more accurately, hit harder. If melee types, they run into contact first (better athletics) and immediately whack guys while the Recruits are still legging it. (Even if I keep them in line they run out when enemy gets close, so they're ahead of the lesser troops.) This is inefficient in teaching the new guys how to be killers.

I go so far as to load these weaker troops into formation Class VI and send them out alone to do battle, with arrows turned off for the rest of the force. I do NOT do this in wartime, when my emphasis is winning, not training!

The current UI only allows you to see 13 troop types at a time. Do you realize what a pain it is to keep moving weak troops to the top in an army of 40 troop types? I do it all the time. My scroll finger gets numb! Each time a Recruit turns into an Infantryman and I don't already have Infantrymen, I have to go to the bottom of the list and pull Infantrymen to a high spot under the companions. If I promote all those Recruits and then get a new load, now I have to scroll Recruits to the top again. And so on, for every culture (because I use 'em all). And all the bandit types too, once I incorporate them in my army.

I would very much like sorting options to avoid all this work. Failing that, I would like some means of double-columning or smaller type without portraits so that ALL my troop types are visible at once. Then I could slide troops around easily without having to scroll up the entire lengthy list.

Can't it be just a visual thing? Like you have the order of the party separate and your toggles are just hiding and showing troops without messing with the party order. So it may be easier to assign formations as well as, why not, the party order. It could be the same as with formations. One button is for that and other for the order for spawn. I think it would be cleaner and easier to set up your party rather than to go through the whole list to see each troop to determine it's level and type and then to drag and drop each of them in the desired position. I mean, you can have a formation of same level and type troops but from different nationalities. Grouping them or breaking them in several formations is kind of a chore, let alone having in mind the part that you say is about the spawn order...

Back
Top Bottom