SP - Battles & Sieges party ordering feature

Users who are viewing this thread

I dont remember the version number etc. and i dont want to double check this - i am pretty sure you will know exactly what i mean:

it is some time ago already that you removed the feature to order the troops to the troop types 1-8 in the party menu.
you removed this feature when adding this new start of battle organization phase.

But actually I was using this feature to reorder the troops in the party menu pretty extensively to e.g. move specific heros to troop type 8 to be able to command them alonestanding or e.g. create a troop of crossbows only, etc.
Doing this in the start of battle organization phase is super annoying as the troop transfer feature is just not precise enough to perform what I want.

pls bring this feature in the party screen back where we could assign the different troop types. I want both features together!!

I support this 100% - the new troop sorting system doesn't allow the player enough freedom to sort troops precisely. I don't want a formation of just generally sorted troops based on shields, throwing weapons or heavy armor all thrown together to various degrees - I want to sort troops the way I intend to use them strategically for a given battle.

While I do enjoy the troop deployment mechanic before battles, I would love to see more customizeable troop sorting. Preferably just the ability to choose exactly what troops from my party go in to a given formation, in stead of a "general" troop sorter as it is now.

PS: Not only does it take agency away from the player when wanting to choose their formations precisely, but from an aesthetic point of view it's a lot harder to make uniform groups. It's nice to be able to make formations reserved for your custom troops or body-guard unit, and be able to only fill them with the exact troops you want to use etc. I almost always end up with random soldiers in the wrong group, despite carefully using the "preference" (armor, shield, thrown weapons) function. This takes away from the immersion, having an elite unit of soldiers from your culture - and always having unwanted stragglers from other cultures and tiers blended in to your elite group.

a combination of the old + new system would be best.
Have all the units in formations I till VIII in the party menu and have the option to assign these numbers to formations in the new pre battle fase. Alle units not specifically assigned could be sorted using the new system.

i made a video about how to use this feature and my personal improvement to said feature. i also explained the faults of the old one that the current doesn't, and the faults of the new that the former didn't.

Back
Top Bottom