Users who are viewing this thread

Vidortan

Recruit
Hello and loving the game!

After 30+ hours playing I noticed a lot of time I spend scrolling through troops looking for specific types. It occurred to me by adding a simple filter and sort feature to this screen would help make this less of a chore and more fun!

I. New Feature Request:
Management>Party Menu/Screen>Filters

Acceptance Criteria:

Add troop filters:
  1. Type
    • Infantry (axemen, swordmen, spearmen)
    • Ranged (bowmen, crossbowmen, javelins)
    • Horse Melee (Lancers, spear, sword)
    • Horse Ranged (archers, javelins)
  2. Culture
    • Vlandians
    • Sturgians
    • Empire
    • Aserai
    • Khuzaits
    • Battanians
    • "Other" (catchall for roaming clans and barbarians)
  3. Tier
    • Tier I
    • Tier II
    • Tier III
    • Tier IV (add 3-tier-only-tree units that are maxed)
    • Tier V (add 3 and 4-tier-only-tree units that are maxed)
    • Tier Max (Show only max-tiered units, regardless of 3 or 4-tier-only trees)

II. New Feature Request:
Management>Party Menu/Screen>Sorting

Acceptance Criteria:
Add troop sorting:
  1. Quantity
  2. Culture
  3. Type
  4. Tier

Party-Menu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Strongly support and agree! Particularly being able to sort by type and strength would be incredibly helpful.

Additionally, having troop counts ON the Party Management screen. Currently "Troops" is a collapsible section above "Prisoners". It'd be nice to have a TOGGLE that allowed me to have sub-categories of Foot, Archer, Cavalry.

I find myself clicking and dragging the portraits in the Party Management screen, except the scrolling doesn't work if you've got a portrait selected, so you have to drag them to the top of the screen, scroll up and then drag again (repeat) if you've got an army with enough troop types in it.

I agree. Even just a simple sort by level or tier with highest at the top would help immensely to keep the best at the top for hideout raids

+100. Something like the SS in the OP is the best.
This is absolutely critical for improving QoL.
At the same time, ensure that the companion's number assignment is not reset every time you load.

Hello and loving the game!

After 30+ hours playing I noticed a lot of time I spend scrolling through troops looking for specific types. It occurred to me by adding a simple filter and sort feature to this screen would help make this less of a chore and more fun!

I. New Feature Request:
Management>Party Menu/Screen>Filters

Acceptance Criteria:

Add troop filters:
  1. Type
    • Infantry (axemen, swordmen, spearmen)
    • Ranged (bowmen, crossbowmen, javelins)
    • Horse Melee (Lancers, spear, sword)
    • Horse Ranged (archers, javelins)
  2. Culture
    • Vlandians
    • Sturgians
    • Empire
    • Aserai
    • Khuzaits
    • Battanians
    • "Other" (catchall for roaming clans and barbarians)
  3. Tier
    • Tier I
    • Tier II
    • Tier III
    • Tier IV (add 3-tier-only-tree units that are maxed)
    • Tier V (add 3 and 4-tier-only-tree units that are maxed)
    • Tier Max (Show only max-tiered units, regardless of 3 or 4-tier-only trees)

II. New Feature Request:
Management>Party Menu/Screen>Sorting

Acceptance Criteria:
Add troop sorting:
  1. Quantity
  2. Culture
  3. Type
  4. Tier

Party-Menu.jpg
YESSSS STRONGLY AGREEEEEE

Mind boggling how the in house testing and whatnot have not thought about this before. This struck me as lacking after 1-2 hours of gameplay, im at almost 100 hours now, and boy, ive wasted quite some time NOT playing the actual game because im scrolling around my god damn party screen looking for units...sigh

Mind boggling how the in house testing and whatnot have not thought about this before. This struck me as lacking after 1-2 hours of gameplay, im at almost 100 hours now, and boy, ive wasted quite some time NOT playing the actual game because im scrolling around my god damn party screen looking for units...sigh

Let's pump the brakes there. Not thought of/not yet implemented are two very different things. Agree that it's a hassle. More support here means more likely this gets implemented!

Let's pump the brakes there. Not thought of/not yet implemented are two very different things. Agree that it's a hassle. More support here means more likely this gets implemented!
Well until the developers can provide us a road map, we can rightly assume for the time being, its not gonna be implemented. I don't mean to jump off the deep end by saying that. But mostly just stating the part of "why is there a lack of roadmap".

Wouldn't the lack of a roadmap mean you COULDN'T assume anything since you literally have no idea what the plan is? Do you envision they need your approval to implement said roadmap? C'mon buddy.

I dont mind it, i will play this game for thousands of hours.

As a software development professional, with a couple of years experience in the games industry, considering the lenght of development time (i believe this might have something to do with the engine rewrites also) these seemingly simple and extremely useful features, should have been caught and implemented before early access. Remember, this is sold and advertised as EARLY access, yet it feels like a paid beta (which i wont deny, it totally is).

Anyway, to any devs or staff who might read this, excuse my crude language, you guys keep on the good work!

I have to vote meh on this at the moment. I know it would be a major QoL improvement, and had thought of suggesting it myself a few times, but I feel there are many more things that need to be implemented over this convenience.

Just out of curiosity: You all do know you can drag and drop to re-order your troop list right? I only saw Heinyken make a mention of it, so it got me a bit curious.

I have to vote meh on this at the moment. I know it would be a major QoL improvement, and had thought of suggesting it myself a few times, but I feel there are many more things that need to be implemented over this convenience.

Just out of curiosity: You all do know you can drag and drop to re-order your troop list right? I only saw Heinyken make a mention of it, so it got me a bit curious.

Yep I do that. But soooo tedious. since they already have categories (ie infantry, bowman etc) it should have a category sorter. Just like the market does. You're probably right that there is other things that probably need more attention, but it would be nice to know if this has been addressed! Another thing that would be nice (maybe this was already mentioned) is just a counter. How many infantry are in my 230 person army vs bowman/horseman etc. then I wouldn't even need to the sorter really.

Another thing that would be nice (maybe this was already mentioned) is just a counter. How many infantry are in my 230 person army vs bowman/horseman etc. then I wouldn't even need to the sorter really.
You can see that in the context window on the world map when mousing over your party/army.

Back
Top Bottom