Resolved Party carry weight stuck at 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Summary: Randomly I now start with a -1280 penalty to carry weight, specifically it says "Troops -1280". Adding troops does reduce this, and horses do add weight, but it seems like I need to have a large amount to overcome the negative.
How to Reproduce
: Not sure what specifically caused this. I did have the AutoTrader mod installed, however I did not have this issue during this playthrough until day 1595, so many hours in. I removed the mod to see if that helps, it did not. I did not enable a perk recently to cause this issue either.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: GeForce GTX 1080
GPU Driver Version:461.4
CPU: i9 9900
RAM:64GB
Motherboard: ASUS I forget the model
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 1TB M.2

Last edited:
Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Same issue but closer to -2500, Didn't notice it until a defeat and trying to gather back up. Removed the mods I'm running and the issue was still there. Loaded a earlier save and dumped my horses and troops to check and still negative but around -2000.
Then I loaded a much earlier I made sure to make before installing any mods in the campaign dumped all troops and horses and it has a -560, So it's been adding up awhile.
I can upload any of the saves if you think they would help, But yeah seems to of been already happening in a totally native save and -2500 is a super nasty penalty if you've lost a whole army.

Have you tried removing the mods and trying to reproduce again?
Based on my interactions with twitch chat as I stream, this bug is very common. I don't have any hard data but I'd start off by looking for bugs with donating wounded troops. It seems to give a 'negative' troop in the carrying capacity section permanently. There may also be bugs related to the carry weight of old sumpter horses (listed as packhorses but do not add any carry capacity)

Is there a sort of test campaign QA can generate or have on hand to look at issues where they could intentionally donate troops and wounded troops and see if the issue starts to come up? Acquiring a running carry penalty over time is a pretty big one until it gets sorted. I was a pretty big donator trying to get allied ai clans to actually be able to hold things so I can see that as the cause, unless its a issue with lost troops after battle not being removed from the calculation properly, I remember a bug where the herd penalty would persist that happened then.
I uploaded a save to upload.taleworlds;
J 1.sav , Granted this is from 1.5.7 the install was clean and no mods had been run on that on campaign at that point and when you remove horses and troops you will see a -500 some penalty. So the issue was present on 1.5.7 in a totally native game and persisted and continued accumulating in 1.5.8 main upto the current -2500.

Saw in another ongoing thread about carry weight being stuck at 10 which I'm guessing is the same issue of them having a -troops penalty to try the beta 1.5.9. With the beta installed on a totally cleaned and reinstalled game I loaded the worst off save and hired a couple troops hoping it would recalculate and sort the issue but sadly; https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....819/E0E48842B3835B46E64649E4A82F9FCDC3D9E346/
Really feels like some sort of check on load or at some point to recalculate the troop penalty is needed so it doesn't just keep adding up. I can play a minute then get some troops hurt and lose and donate some and see if it grows on the beta at least, Getting a fresh campaign to a point where your donating takes a while though.

Played a little while, I had to dismiss troops just to be able to move with only 10 capacity for food until I could get enough pack animals. When I stopped in a faction city meaning to donate and check the penalty I dismissed my troops and discarded my horses first to check and I had gone from -2500 to -2720; https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....598/A74B5B1A50D251D9709D63B8BF6146AB0C40DAEC/
Some of the troops were armed traders which along with odd militia I can see myself just dismissing as I go so maybe those type of units somehow contribute so the bug does still seem to be happening on 1.5.9 beta at least on that campaign.

Last edited:
I was loading some of the saves on the effected campaign and noticed that the issue isn't there in saves before I had the 200 steward skill perk forced labor that has prisoners add to your carry capacity.

I had a new game going in sandbox and since I was a long way from that perk I used the console to give myself 200 steward to acquire it, I didn't see the problem initially but after fighting a much larger army to lose while having lord prisoners and the forced labor perk this is the after I was released result; https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....190/C408EECFCFDEE81A2BDBFC93F43B53CF4B6B2AE2/

So it seems to recreate this, assuming I'm right about the forced labor perk is have the perk and prisoners, perhaps lord prisoners and be defeated? I'm not sure if normal donating/ransoming is also a factor but I've made it happen on a game created in 1.5.9 totally unmodded ignoring activating cheats in the .ini to get my steward there without grinding up a game just to test it which I assume is why the discard window has 10 of lots of things lol but it was in the name of science.

Last edited:
I can confirm I am experiencing the same issue, also with the forced labor perk and negative troop capacity modifyer leaving me with 10 total capacity.

The question is, can this be undone, or is this save borked?

I can confirm I am experiencing the same issue, also with the forced labor perk and negative troop capacity modifyer leaving me with 10 total capacity.

The question is, can this be undone, or is this save borked?
Yeah it would be nice to see whatever eventual fix recalculate and sort it, Would be nice to save that game for sure though lots of hours into it.

Also seems like that perk is at least at the moment the only viable party leader one, Isn't the other one a governor focused at least as far as the tooltip which pretty much assures players getting to this point are going to take forced labor and end up with this issue.

Yes, my post a couple up details how I did it in 1.5.9 in a sandbox play. It was unmodded and freshly installed the only thing I did was use the console to get the required skill and perk since I felt like it could be related.

Mine just happens to be modded but I have found other mention of the Forced Labor perk on other forum sites causing this with unmodded installs.

Well I loaded the save game I made to test it now that the games on 1.5.9 main, Still at -80 capacity with no troops. To create it I took a sandbox game I had already started I believe it was 1.5.9 beta branch at the time that had zero mods and a fresh install. I did use the console to give the character 200 steward skill since that's a bit of a investment at least for what was just a hunch for me at the time for the forced labor perk. Then I lost a battle while having several lord prisoners in my party and that was how that save now has the -80.

So feels pretty confirmed, To recreate have your testers party 200 steward and the forced labor perk and lose some battles, feels like maybe its lord prisoners and there bonus to carry weight acting strange when they are lost in that matter. Not sure if other things such as donating so on are also a issue but at least the first thing is a definite.

This is a horrible bug that is unfortunately also tied to the only perk that looks good at this point since the other one only has a govenor bonus implemented. Hope you all can fix it feel like I should have you guys on the right track.

I got the same problem and i sent my save file ,my inventory is locked at 10, i picked forced label and after that my inventory locked at 10. Now i'm waiting to play again because it's clearly frustrating when your fief is under attack and you can't move quick to defend it.

Problem is still there and it seems to be connected to the Forced Labor perk indeed. Somehow you get a huge -troops. It almost looks like it saves the amount of troops when you got the perk and when you are getting fewer it start putting this to negative. I am having a huge problem now as I must maintain my max number of troops. If I want to dump a few in a castle I am starting to have problems with my inventory. The only solution is getting lots of Mules but that ends up in a herding penalty. Hope they fix this soon

Back
Top Bottom