parties without food

Users who are viewing this thread

There are still problems with the food in the parties. In my recent game I captured an enemy party with all the men wounded from lack of food and I also saw an ally on his way to an army with all his troops starving.

If a party is called to an army, they go straight without stopping anywhere, even if they don't have food, so if someone who doesn't have food is called from far away, it is possible that they will arrive without food and without healthy troops, if it comes.

Aside from fixing that AI bug, it would be nice to do two more things. Being able to sell or gift food to nobles from the trade screen to fix this issue. As well as that each noble that is on the campaign map or in an army and that runs out of food or is about to run out of food offers the mission "party needs food" so you can sell or even give grains and meat (two foods that are easy for a player to get).

Trading food for influence isn't profitable at all, especially when doing so ends up giving away valuable or hard-to-obtain food like dates or olives, instead of something more common like grains or meat. Losing your party morale by losing food variety points just because your allies didn't buy food and literally steal it from you without permission.

It's pretty sad to see such problems still active after 2 years of early acess, oh my god ?
TBF, this one is somewhat preferential. It’s weird to be in an army and hold back on the olives for the other companies while your men feast on them. You’re only doing that to milk one of the other game functions, not because it makes any practical sense

TBF, this one is somewhat preferential. It’s weird to be in an army and hold back on the olives for the other companies while your men feast on them. You’re only doing that to milk one of the other game functions, not because it makes any practical sense
I buy 60 units of each item to keep my men happy and of course, I have 400 grains earned from loot battles and 400 meat because I traded horses for meat in a village I wanted to help. I join an army where there are 4 groups without food and by the time the siege ends I only have grains and meat because I donate food without my consent. Now to replenish my group with food, I have to go from city to city buying a little on each side so that the city does not start to go hungry just because I bought the 10 units of olives and dates that were in the market.

The ideal would really be that the npc party had a diversity of food. because when you win a battle against a noble you only get grains and cattle. Ironically, a party of bandits or looters may have various types of food in their loot. Bandits eat better than soldiers in an army.

Your consent is being in the army though. You’re wanting to be stingy because of a game mechanic. I feel the better fix is giving you stewardship XP for every extra army you are dishing food over to (if it’s not already) instead of players absurdly allowing other parties to starve so you can keep up optimal morale and XP gain. Seeing the next company over eating grapes while they only had moldy bread would not go over well.

And if you put the army together: you called them to come join you. Feeding them comes with the territory.

These bonuses shouldn’t be easily maintained in those situations. That’s LITERALLY how wars play out

Your consent is being in the army though. You’re wanting to be stingy because of a game mechanic. I feel the better fix is giving you stewardship XP for every extra army you are dishing food over to (if it’s not already) instead of players absurdly allowing other parties to starve so you can keep up optimal morale and XP gain. Seeing the next company over eating grapes while they only had moldy bread would not go over well.

And if you put the army together: you called them to come join you. Feeding them comes with the territory.

These bonuses shouldn’t be easily maintained in those situations. That’s LITERALLY how wars play out
You are contradicting me only because I consider destroying my stockpile of assorted food by influence to be stingy. You leave the point of the topic, which is basically seeing allies running around the map with all the wounded troops.

Me joining an army and having my assorted food reserves destroyed is just a side effect of something that should rarely happen. And if it did happen, it should be better rewarded than a few insignificant influence points. your idea of getting experience would not be bad.

You are contradicting me only because I consider destroying my stockpile of assorted food by influence to be stingy. You leave the point of the topic, which is basically seeing allies running around the map with all the wounded troops.

Me joining an army and having my assorted food reserves destroyed is just a side effect of something that should rarely happen. And if it did happen, it should be better rewarded than a few insignificant influence points. your idea of getting experience would not be bad.
Well my apologies if I focused on the wrong thing from your post. Bugs of armies not buying sufficient food should get fixed.

I imagine it comes from their fix of ensuring generals don’t buy the town out of food and leave it to starve.

Back
Top Bottom