Parties added to your army go attacking nearby armies on their way to join your army

Users who are viewing this thread

Summary: Parties that should join your army go attack nearby enemy army

How to Reproduce: Stay near enemy army, add party to your army, wait for them. Once it approach, it gets cocky and goes attacking enemy army to a certain fail instead of joining yours.

Version: all

What you expect them to give up everything to come and help you? Do you give a crap (if you're a vassal) if someone else from your faction creates an army? At least they eventually come. Plus single parties are faster than armies, so a single party can catch a larger ennemy and fight him until the army he's supposed to go in come and help him.

wth are you talking about ?
They come because you add them in your army, so they do not "eventually" come, they just come.
And they go attack the army with 50 men against 500, because they kind of count on your being nearby to help them, or else they would just run away from said army.

Yeah that's the point, you can't catch an ennemy with an army so the smaller and faster party catch them for you, I have seen weird behavior tho were some guy suddenly attacks me with 1/3 or less troops then me I assume because his allies were in a nearby castle and get destroyed but even a troop of like 6 steppes bandits attaqued my 100 men army for no reason (I wasn't even chasing them they are way too fast)

Yes, i can confirm this. Same thing happens when you are besieging a settlement and ask for parties to join your besieging army. When the party arrives, it just runs after the surrounding enemy parties even if the party is much lower in number.

Yeah that's the point, you can't catch an ennemy with an army so the smaller and faster party catch them for you, I have seen weird behavior tho were some guy suddenly attacks me with 1/3 or less troops then me I assume because his allies were in a nearby castle and get destroyed but even a troop of like 6 steppes bandits attaqued my 100 men army for no reason (I wasn't even chasing them they are way too fast)

The thing is you can get involved in other combats as they are evolving while you're on the map, but when you are in a battle the time stops outside of it so no one can get involved in a battle you're in.

So I don't think this behaviour is intended nor it should be.
A workaround is to stay far enough of said army so you're ally won't attack it and instead just join you. Once joined, you have absolute control over what's going on with your army anyway.

Well actually it is not solved,despite the patch notes saying it is. Army members on their way to join me go chase nearby enemies. The best thing to do is if you can, go catch them on their way to you before they notice enemies.

I am having the same issue. They seem to chase enemy armies specifically, even if I am not nearby. So like a 50 man force moves to engage a 600 man army like a full day away from me. It feels like if they are moving to come into your army and an army comes into view, they move to engage it regardless of how far away backup is.

Not fixed in Beta 1.30e.

The Party of the Lord t hinks its already part of the army , therefore counting your force to it and then engaging on a supposed weaker army.

This leads to them engaging on much bigger enemies. However it can be used as an exploit, if you have a 1000 man army and are trying to catch a much faster 500 men strong. You release one army member , and readd it immediatly. They will charge after the enemy.

So this needs to be fixed at all cause it breaks the game for some, but is usable in a bad and unintended way for others.

Back
Top Bottom