Particle Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey!
Recently I wanted to make Lightning Strike particle but I have small issue.
The Particle just keeps spawning and spawning with about 0.1sec intervals for about 10 seconds in same place.
I set only 1 particle, and life is set to 0.1.
How could I fix this
The code looks like this
Code:
    ("rydell_lightning", psf_billboard_2d|psf_2d_turbulance, "prt_rydell_lightning",
     1, 0.01, 0, 0, 0.1, 0.1,     #num_particles, life, damping, gravity_strength, turbulance_size, turbulance_strength
     (0.4, 0.4), (0.1, 0.1),        #alpha keys
     (0.7, 0.7), (1, 1),      #red keys
     (1, 1), (1, 1),       #green keys
     (1, 1),   (1, 1),      #blue keys
     (20, 100), (0, 0),   #scale keys
     (0.1, 1, 0.1),      #emit box size
     (0, 0, 0),               #emit velocity
     0.0,                       #emit dir randomness
     0,                       #rotation speed
    ),
]

#num particles is per second(I think it's slightly faster to for add new? Untested). So particle_system_add_new will spawn a whole bunch as you found out.

You can use particle_system_burst (particle_system_burst, "psys_", pos, 1), <- this last number is the total amount of particles to spawn. In this case 1.

Ok so now say you wanted to work out how to make an effect last 3 seconds.
If your particle system #num parrticles is 2 per second, then bursting (particle_system_burst, "psys_", pos, 6). 6 total particles will take 3 seconds to end.

Hope that makes sense

burspa said:
#num particles is per second(I think it's slightly faster to for add new? Untested). So particle_system_add_new will spawn a whole bunch as you found out.

You can use particle_system_burst (particle_system_burst, "psys_", pos, 1), <- this last number is the total amount of particles to spawn. In this case 1.

Ok so now say you wanted to work out how to make an effect last 3 seconds.
If your particle system #num parrticles is 2 per second, then bursting (particle_system_burst, "psys_", pos, 6). 6 total particles will take 3 seconds to end.

Hope that makes sense
That totally does make sense and fixes my issue! Thank you very much!
It did not know that "1" in "particle_system_burst, "psys_", pos, 1" represents amount to spawn, and had this set to 75. I thought it represents the alpha opacity.
Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom