Paris Attacks, Terrorism in France

Users who are viewing this thread

Ambalon said:
Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Un-fricking-believable.
I know this isn't what the expression means to convey, but it's actually pretty believable and expected to be honest.

What's expected, a terrorist siege situation in a major European city, or specifically in France? Sure the attacks earlier in the year were similar in that there were a small number of hostages at a supermarket and maybe somewhere else (I forget), but for it to happen in France again and on this scale surprises me.

Xardob said:
TheFlyingFishy said:
Why is France getting hit by this stuff so much lately? I'm not very much in the proverbial loop, but aren't they generally one of the more accommodating nations in regards to Islam? I mean, I guess it's not confirmed Islamic terrorists yet, but I mean, probably.
Doesn't really matter to the extremists how accommodating you are. You either submit or you're the enemy.

It's been stated by some of the media that this attack is retaliation for the involvement of the French in the bombardments in Syria.

Seriously though without wanting to provoke or something, is there anybody who still thinks or believes that ISIS can be dealt with in a non-extreme way?

French Police are allegedly storming Bataclan now.
TheLoneWolf1 said:
Seriously though without wanting to provoke or something, is there anybody who still thinks or believes that ISIS can be dealt with in a non-extreme way?
No.

TheFlyingFishy said:
Why is France getting hit by this stuff so much lately? I'm not very much in the proverbial loop, but aren't they generally one of the more accommodating nations in regards to Islam? I mean, I guess it's not confirmed Islamic terrorists yet, but I mean, probably.

This is awful, regardless.

I pass through Calais twice a week.
Every migrant/refugee heading to the UK stockpiles at the coast, and likely passes through Paris beforehand as they panhandle money to make the final 200 mile journey north. I suppose it's likely Paris because of the established routes through Europe from Syria, Iraq and elsewhere - folk who want to commit this form of atrocity can slip into the stream easily. The closing of the French borders is likely a response to this, and to deter escape. If these dicks had plans to escape, I bet my left nut it was north so that they can 'disappear'. The Charlie Hebdo attacks saw escape attempts via car to the north.

Oh, and France banned the wearing of the Niqāb, Burqa and any other garment of clothing that fully conceals the face in a public place back in 2010. There was a lot of trouble in the passing of the law. It's not a particularly steady country to reside in as a Muslim.

I didn't even know France had that active a role in the bombings in Syria.  :???:

http://www.france24.com/en/20151105-france-aircraft-islamic-state-iraq-syria

DanAngleland said:
Ambalon said:
Un-fricking-believable.
I know this isn't what the expression means to convey, but it's actually pretty believable and expected to be honest.

What's expected, a terrorist siege situation in a major European city, or specifically in France? Sure the attacks earlier in the year were similar in that there were a small number of hostages at a supermarket and maybe somewhere else (I forget), but for it to happen in France again and on this scale surprises me.
I'm going to say what's already expected: France has a very large Muslim population, and the recent influx of immigrants certainly doesn't help. I wouldn't say I expected terrorists attacks specifically in France, but I certainly did in Europe. Unfortunately, I expect more to happen soon. Hopefully I'm wrong.

God, that's beyond ****ed. Have the police started a raid yet, or is it still too early to know what's going on?

Gestricius said:
Ambalon said:
Wrong time and wrong place to talk about this.
Is it, really? It's the most appropriate of times.
Goker said:
Always surprised at how ISIS can have Twitter accounts that aren't closed down immediately.
I was just wondering this. I don't know how this is allowed to happen. Maybe Twitter knows they can't ban every ISIS account made? I dunno.

Back
Top Bottom