Paradox's Project: War of the Roses - War of the Vikings

Users who are viewing this thread

I think chiv will have a lot of inbuilt modding support just for the fact that it is built in UDK which is nice. I'm not 100% sold on it, but as they clean it up and such, it at least was initially a lot more fun for me than wotr.

I'm not ready to give up on wotr, each build makes it a little bit better, but I think they need a few sweeping changes in some areas imho and it's too close to release for that. Still... it's got a chance, I think.

Well now we have lust to talk to Devs TW will truly conquer, that was the one thing they where lacking, good communication.

I doubt WotR will pay much attention to suggestions, I know they say they will, but it seems like they put stupid features and then refuse to take them out when they are not welcome.

The problem is the lack of skill needed. Archery is hard, but there's no payoff for using a bow, the crossbow is easier to use and does more damage with easily managed reloads. Melee is a left click spam fest, there's no need to block, because armor will make up for it. When I play my light archer and block 9 attacks in a row and land 7 of mine and the guy still wins because he hit me once, something is wrong.

You know what would be an amazing feature? Numb limbs, if you block too much your arm goes numb and makes you slow and eventually loose grip of weapons/shields.

Also you hand will unnumb after a bit.

Hmm, is it still the beta you are playing, Lerber? Cause I think we're gonna hear that "Beta" excuse until it ends.

Also, I nominate you for the rank of "Goodie that came with NW." A bit late, but welcome to the off-topic and cheers for not managing to piss anyone off just yet.

Thanks. I actually played warband for a few years before NW, but the site won't accept my key. Though I do find NW a bit more fun for various reasons. The "still beta" excuse is frustrating because the game is ~three weeks from release, time to change, yes, enough time to fix glaring issues, probably not.

I want to like it, because as awesome as MB is, it's reaching the age where we all start seeing flaws we could easily ignore. If they add in penalties for armor and slow down the 2h, it will be a lot better. Bows feel pretty good, need a little work, but overall fairly balanced. Armor right now is the big thing. Unless you do piercing damage (which almost no weapon has) you can hardly even scratch a tin can. It has a fair bit of potential, it'll never be as good for melee as MB (or especially MB2 when it comes out), but it does have the ability to be a fun game to tide us over.

For what it is expected to cost, it has to be more than "a fun game to tide us over." Maybe I'll get it on Christmas steam sale, for 75% off.

Radalan said:
Got into the beta, hope it's not utter **** and waste of time.  :???:

It was confusing and overly bulky at first, then it actually became slightly enjoyable. Then I uninstalled it, after 6 hours of playing.

Combat isn't intricate it's a bash fest until people are dead. When I play my polearm class, I don't block, I just swing, guaranteed at least a 3 kill streak every single life.

Back
Top Bottom