Users who are viewing this thread

Panzer's Cutting Room Floor - Sexism

CFYsBd8.png

Panzer's Cutting Room Floor is going to be a series of mods devoted to adding in things left in the code that are currently unimplemented. Not all of it is truly cut content, and may appear in game later, but I thought it'd be fun to try my hand at it and thought people might appreciate having some possibly gameplay additions this early in Bannerlord's existence.

The Sexism module currently adds new unique dialogue for Battanian, Vlandian, Khuzait, Sturgian and Aserai lords as well as a unique line for the monarchs and for women. In the future you will be able to duel lords for their slights, an equal number of possible dialogue for female lords also based on personality and faction as well as include unique dialogue for Imperial and Southern Imperial lords.

Future Plans:
I plan on readding the ability to duel lords from Warband after this (if they act like sexist pigs to you) for prestige and honor in return to losing relations. I also plan on making it so the remaining factions have unique dialogue and that female lords for each faction have just as much possible dialogue as the men. Please let me know if you have anything you'd like to see added to this!

Installation:
1. Go to SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\SandBox\ModuleData and copy and paste the comment_strings.xml file somewhere safe as a backup
2. Place the 'Modules' folder contained in this download in SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
3. Overwrite
4. Enjoy
5. Report bugs to me when it inevitably bricks your game or something

How I did it:
While looking for all of the cut content in the game files I found that the dialogue for lords acting like sexist pricks was working but was commented out. I tested and discovered by just uncommenting it, it all seemed to work fine in game.

I then moved it over to a module system using this video and then used this code to make the dialogue appear in game from the module:

Disclaimer:
Sexism is bad girl power Panzer says trans rights but it does make for more interesting gameplay in my opinion and feels more fitting to the setting.

Screenshots:
WdUbJ2O.jpg
VJe8g56.jpg
UaG64am.jpg
0w83ZMi.jpg
e3P8bt4.jpg
bjqsIeR.jpg
R4ktK0w.jpg

Download:

Nexus

This is good ! Indeed being a woman right now is almost no different than being a man in the game.
Considering this is a medieval game I'd want my female character and female clan members / family to be treated differently.

This is good ! Indeed being a woman right now is almost no different than being a man in the game.
Considering this is a medieval game I'd want my female character and female clan members / family to be treated differently.
Glad you feel the same! My favorite Warband moments were always slapping the **** out of idiots and proving the nobility wrong as a female character.

I can't punch the CEO of sexism in the face if sexism doesn't exist.
That's the spirit
Love it! Just hope than no SJW will come here to hang you.
Have had zero 'SJWs' cause me trouble, I've had plenty of alt-lite chuds ****ting up my comments with 'this is why feminism is bad' posts
Beheading those lords are gonna be much more pleasurable now
Nothing like revenge to make a game better

What the **** are you doing here boss, this is supposed to be my safe space.

Oh and nice mod, I almost feel like they cut this content for the initial release for PR reasons, but who knows.

What the **** are you doing here boss, this is supposed to be my safe space.

Oh and nice mod, I almost feel like they cut this content for the initial release for PR reasons, but who knows.
Probably not? Nobody is going to get offended by this and there's a ton of cut content related to sexism. Like a lot of things, they probably cut it so they could revisit it later.

It just seems so finished that I don't see any other reason. Then again I haven't had a deeper look into the files.

Take a deeper look, there's a lot of unimplemented and half-implemented stuff.

Also, genuinely glad the sexism is coming back, be it official or through your mod. I hear the argument that some people make about "but what if we just don't have sexism in a setting that we're inventing anyway". I understand where it's coming from. Sexism doesn't need to be in everything we make, and its inclusion needs to be implemented intelligently.

But... sometimes you do just want to "punch the CEO of sexism in the face". Because removing it from one game--or from all games--doesn't remove it from our lives, and sometimes we just want to play a video game and enjoy a little catharsis.

Sexism does really make it interesting but i think it should also depend on the nation's culture. Like the northerns are similar to vikings so they would not have it much. But you could intensify on some other nations like Aserai, and your reputation or relation to person should affect it.
But personally i loved to see some female characters in factions.

I hope Talewords adds stat differences between male and female characters to add more weight behind the choice, so males could start with higher Vigor, Control and Endurance stats but females have high Social with lots of points in Charm, or make it so male characters gain the physical skills faster and females gain the mental skills faster.

I hope Talewords adds stat differences between male and female characters to add more weight behind the choice, so males could start with higher Vigor, Control and Endurance stats but females have high Social with lots of points in Charm, or make it so male characters gain the physical skills faster and females gain the mental skills faster.
That would be pointless, limiting to the player, and weirdly essentialist. They didn't do that in Warband, why would they do it with Bannerlord?

God, it's the old /tg/ -4 Strength trolls all over again.

That would be pointless, limiting to the player, and weirdly essentialist. They didn't do that in Warband, why would they do it with Bannerlord?

God, it's the old /tg/ -4 Strength trolls all over again.
It's not really limiting, it'll just make the sex choice like all of the other stat affecting backstory choices in the character creator and It'll let people make more optimised builds for the character that they want to play. Other rpgs do this, like the pre Skyrim Elder Scrolls games, I just want the choice to be consequential and not just an aesthetic choice.

Today on the new episode of "Things people say taken out of context":
Also, genuinely glad the sexism is coming back

Jokes aside, very cool mod. Can't wait for the dueling part since it's my favorite things to do in modded Warband. Would be nice if you can duel lords who call you a weak woman.

Back
Top Bottom