SP Antiquity Paleolithic mod ressurection.

Users who are viewing this thread

I think the textures being done would be a god spend.
Coding, no matter who you are, makes you feel stupid though.
You make the dumbest, smallest mistakes.

awesome!!!! looks like this mod is gonna happen after all...just plz plz don't let this one die, everytime a play Paleolithic i think to my self that it could have been an awesome mod with a few more features and more evened out races I mean the neanderthals are ridiculously stronger.

Permission to continue this mod has been granted.

I need around 4 alpha testers that will be willing to dedicate free time in order to finding bugs and glitches.

Lord_Adam said:
Permission to continue this mod has been granted.

And they were forced to eat Robin's minstrels . . . and there was much rejoicing . . . Yay. 

Looking forward to eating my first prisoner.  :twisted:

QuailLover and bgfan have been added to the alpha testing list.

What I will be doing is sending you alpha copies of the mod, you basically play the game and try to:

1: Complete it successfully
2: Report glitches
3: Make suggestions

Note that the first release will be a bit bland compared to what is to come.

From the release thread:

Highlander said:
Don't worry, I regulary check this thread.
I would be happy about anyone who wants to port it. The source code can be found here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/179779719/Paleolithic_source.zip

Unfortunatelly Lord_Adam just informed me, that he gave up porting.

Aw damn, say it ain't so!

Anybody else willing to pick this up? Anyone who does will get one special Get-Out-Of-Ban-Free card*!

*card may not actually exist

WTF? 24 hours after getting permission... gave up.

i can only assume the coding highlander used is in 'high Qinaagrin'  or something

Nope, it isn't that complicated after all. You can basically just port the basic stuff (items, troops) and then look at the more complex things.
I think Lord Adam just doesn't know much about modding and thought just recompiling it on 1.010 would be enough.

After all I saw this coming, when I read his posts. But hey, at least the source is up now and as soon as someone else wants to try it, he can start right away.

It's hard enough porting your own mod, let alone somebody else's. I've done scripts for other games but quite frankly this system is much to complicated, for other rts games or something similar to M&B you download a program and you edit the code directly, instead of all this importing stuff. Comparison to that I have never ported a modification to begin with, the codes in most games are universal and will work with most versions. All you basically need to do is add the old code in via copy and paste hit a button and it will work. Then you remove some of the glitchy coding.

Also TBH, for those people who would like to get critical, you can shut the **** up or open it yourself and try it, by all means go ahead but your criticism means nothing if your a squire who has 0 experience.

well

for 1. i don't have 0 experience

2, i wasn't being critical, i assumed the process turned out harder then you first thought since you knew very quickly you couln't do it. Hence the high quinagrin comment

you counted the eggs before the hens done her work. No biggie, i've done it before.

*looks up* cool i'm a squire, never even noticed.

I thought I might aswell have a bash at this. I plan to do a straight port without adding any extra stuff, if I do that I'll either add some new content or give it back to highlander.

Heres some pics of a quick test I just did to check there weren't any problems in module_skins or any of the graphics.

Edit: Hehe just noticed the giant fruit in the sky, not sure whats going on there?

Back
Top Bottom