SP Antiquity Paleolithic mod ressurection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord_Adam

Sergeant
PALEOLITHIC MOD:
First release for 1.011 ETA: ? Days.

Things to do before release:
-Port characters
-Port villages
-Port Economic structures
-Port weapons and armor
-Port Nomads
-Edit map
-Add movable props
-Add partys and groups
-Re-establish troop trees.

That is all that will be released for the BETA version, as alot of testing will have to be done in order to make a lot of the changes work properly.

I need 1 or 2 more modders other then myself to assist me with this. Preferably with experience, but as I am no professional, it is obviously not a requirement, I will take anyone who is able to frequently mod, and is willing to learn.

List of modders/testers
-Myself
- QuailLover
- bgfan

Anyone interested please feel free to email me at [email protected] or PM me.

Interesting way to learn modding.

Here's a tip, don't add any of the new features, (maybe bug fixes), but do a straight port first. See if the like it (which I'm sure will) how it is, then tweak it appropriately.

I actually liked the map size in the original because its one of the few mods which have a small map.

Speaking of small maps, maybe some one can convince Chel to port the Catacomb mod (dreams....)

Thats the plan - I want to port it first and then add all the things marked with NEW, but fix the bugs and glitches first.

Judging by the popularity of the first one I'm sure it will have a good supporting community.

Gathering stick model will be done sometime tomorrow, along with the new type of arrows.

Screenshots of them will be posted.

This is one of my all time favorites  :smile:

I can't really help with anything, but I'll no doubt be playing it if you succeed.
Some of the things sound difficult, but what do I know? (bear in a cave & fish in streams...)

I'm glad this mod's going to be ported to 1011. When I first saw it it drew my attention greatly, I don't know why. I even downloaded 808 to play it. I can't say I was greatly impressed by the gameplay - after all the version 808 was too outdated after experiencing 960 and higher, but nevertheless, the very idea of the mod, I liked it very much. I hope the mod's going to develope.

Excellent news.  I put a link to this thread into the thread for Highlander's 0.808 version, so hopefully both he and fans will see it and migrate here

Yeah, some things are going to require ALOT of time. The bear probably wont be introduced for a long time, and unfortunately either will fishing. Both would require a completely new script, that of which I am currently incapable of generating. The deer, although it seems difficult, won't be. Using the horse script as a template to work with I would just have to delete the part that allows you to mount them, add the meat as loot, and model a deer. Modeling the deer would be the only thing that would slow down their implementation, as well as finding a script that would make them travel together.

The first release will likely not be out for a few months, and it will be far from perfect. I will likely include the base of the mod, which will basically consist of deleting 60% of the castles, and renaming them caves, deleting all the small villages, and making the towns either Sapien or Neanderthal.

Now in order for me to do this right, I need highlanders permission to use the scripts he used in the original mod, that would cut the release time in half. I have a huge plate in front of me here, and it's probably going to be a hard one to tackle alone lol.

Most of the first release updates will again just be the original mod bug free, with some of the weapon tweaks done. However I doubt that he really gives a crap if I try to do this, but never the less I still need his permission to do so.

I will edit the first post to include what will be on the first release.

Jumping ahead a bit, will fishing even be possible with the system M&B runs on? I don't even know where to begin scripting one. It would require a new script would it not?

I thought that was bugged, though.

I'm using the mod as the basis for the port but I thought they were bugged. I can't seem to find any fish in his version and I was running up and down those damn rivers for hours yesterday.

Bug found, the water conceals the fish's location. So you just can't see it. This will be fixed in a patch AFTER the port beta is released.

I can't really do much until I have the permission to start working on it from Highlander.

Basically what I'd be doing is using the .808 mod as a template to work with, and using its files on 1.011 modding system. That would basically give you the same game on 1.011 that you would have on .808. After that is done I'd run a few tests to see how functional the modification is.

I'm not bad at scripting, I've had previous experience with that, and I can map as well but where I really lack is the modeling. If anything really slows down my progress it would be that. Which is why I need his permission to use the modeled items he has, it would cut the release time down by at least a entire month as I would have models to work with, and the huts already made.

It would only really take a week of testing and scripting to fix all the speech bugs and glitches and to tweak the weapons, but if I only get permission for the making of a similar mod, and not to port it I would have to re-do almost everything, and that would take at least 2-4 months with weeks of testing.

Needless to say I need that permission <.<.

Yeah - fishing is fully functional and should be included with the port, when or if I get permission.

I just need to figure out how to make them visible in DX9, that will be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom