Palatine Guard

Users who are viewing this thread

You can shoot a long bow mabye 7 times in a minute before you're upperbody is exhausted. Add to that the hindering affect of armour and you're asking for heatstroke.

I go for a 2km run every morning with 5 degree weather, my body is boiling and i have to strip down to cool of..
Imagine having inches of thick metal and leather on you while you are trying to run, shoot. FORGET IT.
You need to be light, not only for speed but survivabilty.
Having armour only makes sense if you are intending on entering the frontlines.

A tank has Armour
An Artillery gun doesn't.

You can shoot a long bow mabye 7 times in a minute before you're upperbody is exhausted. Add to that the hindering affect of armour and you're asking for heatstroke.

I go for a 2km run every morning with 5 degree weather, my body is boiling and i have to strip down to cool of..
Imagine having inches of thick metal and leather on you while you are trying to run, shoot. FORGET IT.
You need to be light, not only for speed but survivabilty.
Having armour only makes sense if you are intending on entering the frontlines.

A tank has Armour
An Artillery gun doesn't.
Wearing armor may heat up no argument there , but those armors arent 100 kg contrary to popular belief. Even late plate harnesses didnt go much beyond 25kg. And also these guys dont have a longbow , and this is a game where gameplay comes before realism. Also inches of metal is bull**** , no armor is that thick

With the introduction of the crossbow on the Palatine Guard, I wonder if it'd be worth it to downgrade his menavlion to the Cavalry variant. IIRC, that version is shorter and weaker to compensate for the massive amount of damage that can be done while on horseback.

Back
Top Bottom