Paid double for a buggy game and feeling like a stupid now!

Users who are viewing this thread

To be fair, we judge on price not on whatever they call this state of the game.

Why is that being fair? Early access is a warning sign to everybody that there will probably be bugs. Even if you got rid of all bugs before releasing in early access, developing new features introduces new bugs, which get ironed out as you refine them. That's how development works.

Why is that being fair? Early access is a warning sign to everybody that there will probably be bugs. Even if you got rid of all bugs before releasing in early access, developing new features introduces new bugs, which get ironed out as you refine them. That's how development works.
So why is this warning not reflected in the price? You wanna warn people, fine, then the game should not have the price of a game without warnings.
In the end you can have any price you want, they can ask for 999$, but we're going to judge based on how much we paid vs how much we received.

It's an early access game, all of us bought is as early access knowing what it meant to buy early access. I wanted to support the company and for like 30€ it wasn't a horribly expensive game. For AAA you pay 60 + DLCs which then sums up to 100-120€ or something like that.
(if you feel like paying that. I usually don't, so I mostly pirate to check games out for a few hours and buy on sale only 90% of the time)

If some dude feels ripped off because he didn't compare prices, well too bad. And he shouldn't cry because he doesn't know that early access means bugs and constant patches and changes in gameplay. That's not the companies fault, that's part of the whole thing you bought into. Money doesn't grow on trees and probably they released the game to not let everyone hang in the air for another 8 Years and also to get financing to actually finish it in a decent fashion + to get player feedback to improve it. Because the community is what keeps a game alive.

If a developer runs the game into a wall and/or abandons it, you have a right to ***** about them. Or if they scam you with false promises and run off. But that's not the case here.

It's an early access game, all of us bought is as early access knowing what it meant to buy early access. I wanted to support the company and for like 30€ it wasn't a horribly expensive game. For AAA you pay 60 + DLCs which then sums up to 100-120€ or something like that.
(if you feel like paying that. I usually don't, so I mostly pirate to check games out for a few hours and buy on sale only 90% of the time)

If some dude feels ripped off because he didn't compare prices, well too bad. And he shouldn't cry because he doesn't know that early access means bugs and constant patches and changes in gameplay. That's not the companies fault, that's part of the whole thing you bought into. Money doesn't grow on trees and probably they released the game to not let everyone hang in the air for another 8 Years and also to get financing to actually finish it in a decent fashion + to get player feedback to improve it. Because the community is what keeps a game alive.

If a developer runs the game into a wall and/or abandons it, you have a right to ***** about them. Or if they scam you with false promises and run off. But that's not the case here.

True, we paid the price. That's not the point. The point is we will judge if the game is worth based on the price we paid.

True, we paid the price. That's not the point. The point is we will judge if the game is worth based on the price we paid.
TW put a full disclosure that the game was buggy and incomplete if you have buyers remorse that's on you. It has nothing to do with the price point or TW in the end you're the one who forked over the cash.

2 hours of game play isn't **** for a sandbox game. Why would you think it was enough time to decide if it was a good purchase?
Yes i agree that but still we cant change steam refund policy so its wisely to constantly follow development of game and watch gameplay/review videos before purchase.

Back to the topic, TW doesnt provide any discount for epic games customers, they receive same amount of money. My friend paid for civ6 3 months ago and now i get it free, so what? Should he launch a siber attack on epic games for such a thing?

Anyway lets make you feel less silly,
At least you are playing this game at least 3 months longer and you will receive all updates at first, also you have a workshop option which will become crucial after we get full game because we will see hundreds of mods and all will be automatically updated. Epic games doesnt have this option *for now*
I have 4 games in epic and didnt even downloaded it. Yeah maybe paying 10 dollars less would make you happy but cmon its not a big deal.

OP has a point, the game was released in EA for a AA(A) price. I have paid 40 Euros. When I read the EA description before I bought the game it sounded like the EA was in a good state. They said the single player "campaign" was almost fully there. As many others I don't care about bugs and crashes in EA, but I do care about missing features. The "campaign" is not working and also any other part of single player isn't properly working because you cannot properly make peace, let alone alliances, nor can can you direct your parties. That's all okay for an EA game but if you want to be fair you shouldn't put a full price tag on it. And if Epic now gives the game away for half the price for their loss, it just adds salt in the wound.

Serious question for those saying TaleWorlds should have sold the game in EA at a discounted price (putting aside the fact that most of us probably got it 20% off anyway): if we're given the game at a reduced cost right now for our "troubles," does that mean all of the missing features aren't worth anything and should be developed for free? Because, remember, all of us are still going to be delivered the rest of the features when they're finished without having to pay another dime.

If we're not expected to have to pay for missing features now, then should they be selling them to us later instead?
They said the single player "campaign" was almost fully there.
By this do you mean the main quest or the overall sandbox experience? Can you point me to where you saw them say this?

You missed out on an Epic promo, boo hoo.

You have also no doubt been playing the game earlier than your friends could.

Like Bannerman Man above mentioned, we'll also never pay another dime. The games price may well go up for the full release, who knows.

You missed out on an Epic promo, boo hoo.

You have also no doubt been playing the game earlier than your friends could.

Like Bannerman Man above mentioned, we'll also never pay another dime. The games price may well go up for the full release, who knows.
It could be, but I got a message that it's on sale (steam) a little while back, so I doubt they will raise the price of the game when it gets to its full release, back to the original price yes, but don't think it'll be higher.

And yes, I'm one of the people who lurks on these fora and waits until the game is finished and has all it's features implemented properly, and from what I read I am glad I chose to do so. TW will get my money eventually though and until then I'll be contend just reading up on changelogs from updates they put and see how others experience the game in it's current state.

As for the OP, don't be bothered by people laughing at you because they got some kind of discount, there are plenty of people who get stuff on discounts where others paid full price for. If they mock you for it, try to find people who are simply happy they have the game too, and enjoy it with you without giving you stick about how much they paid for it compared to you.

Epic games is currently selling the Bannerlord for less than half of the game's Steam price. Why did I pay double for a buggy game? Why did you reduce the price after fixing the bugs? It should have been the total opposite. What is going on?

P.S: (Source) https://www.webtekno.com/mount-and-blade-2-bannerlord-epic-games-store-satisa-sunuldu-h95195.html

Sounds like a Epic employee promoting EPIC!

I'm very happy with how much i paid, i expected to pay more. Game is thin but GREAT!

I don't give a damn about the coupons. One of my friend just bought the game and they are making fun of me now. This is total nonsense
Buddy you're tecnichally inciting to people to make fun of you, just accept you bought it too early, its OBVIOUS the game is going to be in sale in the future, you could say you've paid for playing early.

As for the op, yes the game is buggy is a fkin early access is in the name, people will put a stick on their bicycle wheel and will blame everybody else

If you're just seeing a 50$ price tag but you cant see a enormous EARLY ACCESS, with all the lack of content and bugs that implies then your judgment is quite bad. You cant know what you're getting if you enter a page and see EARLY ACCESS, literally the info is in the steam page and it's quite detailed on how lacking the game is, despite the price

Last edited:
I gotta be honest, after 300 hours I haven't really seen many bugs, aside from some visual ones. Nothing I could get mad about anyway because I can't remember any.

Also I hate to be that guy, but who complains about bugs in early access games?
Yeah I agree, compared to how much time I've played there hasn't been that many bugs or crashes.
There's a lot I'm unsatisfied about still, but that's not the same.

I find this argument odd because you had all needed information before you put your money down. Now if the game was marketed as full release and had a $60 price tag and after you bought it found out it was a shell, I would be on your side. I personally don't think EA titles should be full price but if a dev decides to put a EA title up for full price then it is up to you if you put that money down or wait, its really the only decision consumers have.

Epic games is currently selling the Bannerlord for less than half of the game's Steam price. Why did I pay double for a buggy game? Why did you reduce the price after fixing the bugs? It should have been the total opposite. What is going on?

P.S: (Source) https://www.webtekno.com/mount-and-blade-2-bannerlord-epic-games-store-satisa-sunuldu-h95195.html

I don't see this being nearly as big of an issue. Fallout 76 would be a much better example since the game dropped in price in the first week of release. That is a huge middle finger to all your fans that got it day one. Epic is throwing money at an attempt to get market share.

To answer your questions with questions, why did you by an EA game? Shouldn't there be less bugs now than at release?

Game costs the same as a cheap bottle of Scotch which is gone in a week.

£30 spent on this game has far more longevity than spent elsewhere during my leisure time, I don't see the issue. If I never logon again, I have currently paid around 8 pence per hour for my entertainment.

A far better way of judging money well spent will be a year after full launch, not during the EA.

Additionally, and I cannot stress this enough, the game is not yet launched, we are paying to play it early, at no extra cost. It is the consumers who want products NOW, so you cannot blame companies for releasing EA's really, they know some consumers are desperate enough to buy an unfinished product.

Back
Top Bottom