Pacth .660 Nerfed archers/Crossbowmen

Users who are viewing this thread

Phallas

Knight
You cannot zoom and move at the same time.
This gets really annoying, since we have been  accustomed to the zooming while moving.
But it is also annoying when you need to make slight adjustment in order to get a better angle or Evade incoming arrows, You have
to constantly zoom in and out, this gets bothersome in an archer duel when you need to zoom in and out many times, Made me dizzy.

Crossbows Are less accurate (not sure if same is true with bows)
Yes they definitely are less accurate, I'm not 100% sure what exactly was changed but i can say  that i am missing 50% more then i did last patch,
Also BOT crossbowman are less accurate too, so is true to the point of uselessness unless they are at very close range.

Also this could be a bug, somehow tied in with the strange glitch that happens when you start aiming the crossbow, It does a strange twitch to the right before it lines up.
Which could also be tied to the strange glitch that happens when you use a shield ( Shield clips the players head).

Lower tiered shields stopping bolts
This never happend 2 patches ago, free shields occasionally stop bolts, and the lower tiered shields stop Bolts much, much more frequently, seems it has gone full
opposite to the previous patch where bolts where going through shields more frequently.

As a side note, I have seen crossbows/bows nerfed consistently, Too the point where now  they are rarely an effective troop anymore.

"You cannot zoom and move at the same time."

Haven't noticed this - but if you are right, it should be reversed

"Crossbows Are less accurate (not sure if same is true with bows)"

Accuracy is the same, but hitboxes are fixed - no longer 'bolt hit air near player and stick in it'. So it is nerf in good way - but still nerf, something in exchange would be nice... like increasing archers/crossbowman athletic back to 5.

"Lower tiered shields stopping bolts"

Don't really know - I play as archer usually...

Phallas said:
This gets really annoying, since we have been  accustomed to the zooming while moving.
But it is also annoying when you need to make slight adjustment in order to get a better angle or Evade incoming arrows, You have
to constantly zoom in and out, this gets bothersome in an archer duel when you need to zoom in and out many times, Made me dizzy.

Please change it back to the way it was , If the devs where trying to nerf archers, This is more an annoyance then a nerf.
On the other hand could be a bug since it wasn't included in the change log.

Crossbows Are less accurate (not sure if same is true with bows) Depends on player skill imo :wink:
Yes they definitely are less accurate, I'm not 100% sure what exactly was changed but i can say  that i am missing 50% more then i did last patch,
Also BOT crossbowman are less accurate too, so is true to the point of useless unless they are at very close range.

Also this could be a bug, somehow tied in with the strange glitch that happens when you start aiming the crossbow, It does a strange twitch to the right before it lines up.
Which could also be tied to the strange glitch that happens when you use a shield ( Shield clips the players head).

Lower tiered shields stopping bolts Oh no you have to aim for weak spots, we feel your pain.
This never happend 2 patches ago, free shields occasionally stop bolts, and the lower tiered shields stop Bolts much, much more frequently, seems it has gone full
opposite to the previous patch where bolts where going through shields more frequently.

As a side note, I have seen crossbows/bows nerfed consistently, Too the point where now  they are rarely an effective troop anymore. (for you) never seen anyone else complain about this.

There is another nerf to ranged troops: bump-stagger. I like it, but as each nerf it deserve some compensation...

By DeathsShadow "(for you) never seen anyone else complain about this."

I am here! :razz: But mainly about nerfing nord archers compared to other archers...

Bommel said:
Just remove zoom alltogether.

Ok. But first buy me bigger monitor and graphic card that can handle higher resolution...

I am not entirely sure it is JUST the hit boxes. But yes accuracy does seem a little bit off.

Also there is still the bug where if you hit a crossbowman and staggers, it looks like he just standing (not being able to shoot) But in fact he does. *the xbow seems to not follow you to make the shot, just looking straight ahead*

Phallas said:

Well, I'm not sure about crossbows, but this appears to be the case with bows. There seems to be quite a bit more randomization in their accuracy, which I must say I dislike. Archery was in good shape before this.

Are arrows flying a bit faster, though? Thumbs up for that, if they are.

No nerf has been done, only the hitboxes are now more accurate. I play archer/crossbowman 90% of the time, I'd know immediatly if anything had been changed. :wink:

On the zooming thing, I think that may just be you...

When you mentioned it in-game ACC and I both tried it and had no problems at all.

On crossbows no longer penetrating shields as well,
I feel like the bolts may be travelling slower. Could be my imagination, but would explain why your aim is off (on moving targets at least) and the lack of shield penetration.
However I'm glad that even the heaviest rhodok board shields no longer get penetrated 100% of the time - that was crazy.

Phallas said:
Can't say I ever use zoom unless I'm taking a long range shot. Haven't noticed this.
No they're not. Hitboxes have been corrected, but the crossbow itself is unchanged. In fact I seem to be hitting more since it's now possible to shoot people in the forehead rather than watch the bolt pass through them.
Lower tiered shields stopping bolts
They always have. Penetration is dependent on the damage the bolt deals, at range any shield should be capable of stopping a bolt. Close in you get a chance to go through them. If anything I'd say shield penetration is slightly more predictable now; I can put a bolt through someone closing in to hand to hand irrespective of their shield, but hitting anyone a decent distance away is only likely to work if they're using a cheap shield.
As a side note, I have seen crossbows/bows nerfed consistently, Too the point where now  they are rarely an effective troop anymore.
Funny, I get more kills this patch than I did previously.

Phallas said:

Why would you be zooming in and shooting at the same time anyway, why not just stand still and do it. I am just hoping for the day when quivers don't contain a ridiculous amount of arrows/bolts that make archery just so easy.

Phallas said:

They have never really been nerfed other then the quiver going down from 40 to 30 which is nothing since you can have two quivers and not be affected at all. It all depends on the user, anything can be weak and anything can be strong.

Im not the only one then:

Im yet to peirce a shield this patch, not even free shields,  and im missing far far more than before, I used to be a reasonably good shot-  but now i cant hit **** unless at a very close range (and even then its at such a close range that its hit or die)

Im not sure, I havent tested it yet- but it feels like the aim is slightly off the the right on xbows-  wheras with bows- god knows-  i cant hit a damn thing.
EDIT:  it could be that missile speed has been changed and i havent gotten used to it yet though, i'm gonna keep at it.

Kevlar said:
Phallas said:

Why would you be zooming in and shooting at the same time anyway, why not just stand still and do it. I am just hoping for the day when quivers don't contain a ridiculous amount of arrows/bolts that make archery just so easy.

That doesn't make archery any easier. I'm just hoping for the day a bolt or an arrow has the real impact one would and then I don't care if you reduce quivers  :grin:

Qwertyman said:
Im not the only one then:

Im yet to peirce a shield this patch, not even free shields,  and im missing far far more than before, I used to be a reasonably good shot-  but now i cant hit **** unless at a very close range (and even then its at such a close range that its hit or die)

Im not sure, I havent tested it yet- but it feels like the aim is slightly off the the right on xbows-  wheras with bows- god knows-  i cant hit a damn thing.
EDIT:  it could be that missile speed has been changed and i havent gotten used to it yet though, i'm gonna keep at it.

Yeah, I can't hit anything now as well. I sometimes had a feel that the bolt flew through the victim's body but didn't hit him. I'm not 100% though...

PsykoOps said:
That doesn't make archery any easier. I'm just hoping for the day a bolt or an arrow has the real impact one would and then I don't care if you reduce quivers  :grin:

Well if that were true then every weapon in the game would turn into a one hit killing weapon basically, which would actually be pretty cool.

Yellonet said:
If you mean being more realistic = nerfed, they yes. It's better now.
Every realistic nerf (like hitboxes, bumping, more resistant shields) should be balanced with also realistic buff (walking speed, shield hitbox that match model). Otherwise we end up with cav that own everything... Which would be nice, if every cav player would have to fight against 5-10 infantry...

Yellonet said:
If you mean being more realistic = nerfed, they yes. It's better now.

fair enough-  but surely then people should not take 2-3 bolts to go down, even from a light xbow.  Its good that hitboxes have been fixed-  but it leading to xbows becomming much weaker should be rebalenced by boosting their accuracy and/or damage.  (bolt speed seems a lot slower, which I dont nessisarly have a problem with, but it has resulted in them dropping much shorter and going further off course, making all but point blank shots very very hard)

Back
Top Bottom