Need More Info "Packet Loss" icon showing, yet there doesn't seem to be a noticeable effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

I keep having the packet loss icon showing up in the middle of the game, but my ping doesn't fluctuate or anything, and only occasionally does it result in slightly rubberbanding effects while playing. I'm not really aquainted with this kind of stuff but as I understand this could also be a result of the server?And is there something I can do to stop this packet loss?

In any case, it's quite distracting, it wouldn't be so bad if it was a small icon in the top right or even just having the option to display your ping in the top right constantly like your fps would be better.

On the upside I can scream LAG everytime I die now :razz:

Packet loss and ping are not related.

Ping is the time it takes for your packet to reach the server plus the time for the servers reply to get back to you.

Packet loss means that a packet never reached you from the server or one of your packets never reached the server, this will cause rubber banding and other effects, and too much packet loss will drop you from the server.

Back
Top Bottom