P.O.G.A.A.H propositions and suggestions list to improve infantry ✂

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello another list of good changes that developers don't care about. Mb I'll surprise you but this is not the first and even not the second list of community's suggestions. And in some of these lists were exactly the same suggestions.

Interesting choice of layout and asthetics to present your ideas, but those seem fairly decent. A playtest would certainly be needed, but capable volunteers are not hard to find.
My only note is to keep animations crisp and functional, so we don't get the twisty cluster**** of feint spam that was the pinnacle of warband melee (apart from near-infinite chamber chains of course)
+1 to your second sentence. But little by little it is becoming that.

IceNoVa said:
Interesting choice of layout and asthetics to present your ideas, but those seem fairly decent. A playtest would certainly be needed, but capable volunteers are not hard to find.
My only note is to keep animations crisp and functional, so we don't get the twisty cluster**** of feint spam that was the pinnacle of warband melee (apart from near-infinite chamber chains of course)
+1 to your second sentence. But little by little it is becoming that.

April 2020 in Bannerlord:

April 2020 in Bannerlord:

that hit at 11:50 is what we need for all hits

11:50 is a feint where the initial swing animation simply continued until conclusion and the sword swung through his character -even though the first attack had been "cancelled". I see this happen all the time and it drives me crazy.

Logically, you would think that if a swing completed its full arc then it was a genuine attack, but nope, that's just the feint animation being super sloppy.

I would love for the devs to take a look at that 11:50 clip and understand why people are so frustrated with Bannerlord's combat mechanics.

People can say what they want about some of Warband's jankier attack angles, but it never had the sheer sloppiness of Bannerlord's animations.

People can say what they want about some of Warband's jankier attack angles, but it never had the sheer sloppiness of Bannerlord's animations.
+

Would never claim Warband had perfect animations and combat, but if the goal was to get rid of that confusing and awkward looking melee that many disliked about Warband, Bannerlord has it more-so with the feints and spinning combined with fast movement.

Thanks for taking the time and writing your thoughts about this. Forwarded to the team!
OsIL1.jpg

Left me no choice but to update this old meme :lol:. You know we love you, but that sentence comes with a TM by default. -Forwarded to the team!™... sure :iamamoron:?

11:50 is a feint where the initial swing animation simply continued until conclusion and the sword swung through his character -even though the first attack had been "cancelled". I see this happen all the time and it drives me crazy.

Logically, you would think that if a swing completed its full arc then it was a genuine attack, but nope, that's just the feint animation being super sloppy.

I would love for the devs to take a look at that 11:50 clip and understand why people are so frustrated with Bannerlord's combat mechanics.

It seems like a default ping issue. BL animations are clear once you get used to them and it never happens in sp. Ping makes combat jumpy and unclear, in mp sometimes you can figure out what attack you just died to only after it hits you. If players with lower ping experience this as well, it's either netcode or serverhost problem

Back
Top Bottom