Own kingdom pointless

Users who are viewing this thread

schleicher

Recruit
How i can win, with a own kingdom? After the Quest iam in war with 3-4 big kingdoms.
Ech enemy kingdom have ~ 10 lords and each lord have ~ 7 companion. So we have over 200 group leader and each of them can have ~150 troops.
They can spam army after army, non stop. No way to win this, i destroy hundreds of armys but they can spam unstoppable 1-2k stack armys.
And the joke is, all kingdoms focus me.
Iam lvl 33, i can have over 400 troops and i have millions of gold... But no way to win this in a normal way. The only way is: "execute everyone".
What is the point of the own kingdom? This is broken.

You can skip the main quest and create your kingdom and defeat some enemies before continuing the quest.
What you can do now is try to recruit lords and promote companions to be lords. If you started your kingdom prematurely (Not enough fiefs) then you might as well abandon your ambitions for now until you rebuild a better foundation while you are a vassal.

If none of the above seem attractive to you, i would recommend the diplomacy mod (it has a 100 day truce between wars)

Just hum that great tune from that fantastic movie - "Neverending Story .. err .. Warry" in your head when you see the greyed out "make peace" offer .... it helps..

Then go play another game ..

Go hard and early, start weakening the faction you want to take as soon as you have 50 man party, hunt and destroy their parties relentlessly until you're rank 4, then take town in the edge of the map, create kingdom, pass all loyalty and security + policies and royal guards, each time you 500 influence take a nearby fief raise a new clan from a wanderer, prioritize defeating parties for influence! The perks mounted patrols and keen sight will let you hold all lord prisoner with zero escape chance, this helps a lot. Also recruit the fief less clans (release the leader) when you can and soon by a combination you have more clans then other factions. You still have to basically do everything for a long long time though, you need like 50 clans before they can run the show while you go AFK.

Thanks for the tips.

You can skip the main quest and create your kingdom and defeat some enemies before continuing the quest.
Iam not sure about the steps, but i thinking it was a time limit on the quest. It was a lot of days, but a limit. I maxed out the limit.
What happens when the time is up? The quest fails?

Thanks for the tips.

Iam not sure about the steps, but i thinking it was a time limit on the quest. It was a lot of days, but a limit. I maxed out the limit.
What happens when the time is up? The quest fails?
I think the quest just resets and the time limit starts again.

How i can win, with a own kingdom? After the Quest iam in war with 3-4 big kingdoms.
Ech enemy kingdom have ~ 10 lords and each lord have ~ 7 companion. So we have over 200 group leader and each of them can have ~150 troops.
They can spam army after army, non stop. No way to win this, i destroy hundreds of armys but they can spam unstoppable 1-2k stack armys.
And the joke is, all kingdoms focus me.
Iam lvl 33, i can have over 400 troops and i have millions of gold... But no way to win this in a normal way. The only way is: "execute everyone".
What is the point of the own kingdom? This is broken.
remember peace out is your biggest weapon, yes you might pay but it gives you time to recruit lords, promote companions to their own parties and train good troops for yourself. Planning out before leaving is great. Just ignore banner quest, its kind f pointless, make your own and have fun

Strategical peace to shore up defences / focus on one side of the map.

Set your kingdom where you can defend it (I like edges of the map and near long seas)

Waging war on enemy territory means you weaken them even if you don't hold territory.

Attacking cities/castles of enemy clan will help you keep relationship high.

You NEED to pull enemy clans to your side.

Best keep your companions in own army, because AI throws away elite units with no care.

Pull big armies and disband them to cause your lords to recruit where (and what) you want them to recruit.

Counter attack enemy armies when they've bled on walls of your city/castle.

Set traps with low count high level garrisons. AI beelines for garrisons with low number of units even if it's Palatinates, Fians and Darkhans.

Don't overextend, and supply own cities with food, but also control garrisons, and use their recruitment, especially to pull cavalry.

Winning as own kingdom is just a matter of strategy, might not work on first few tries, but that doesn't make it "pointless".

tl:dr - git gud.

Back
Top Bottom