Own kingdom, how to?

Users who are viewing this thread

But if I renounce the oath, I will have war with everyone, right?
Can I still buy peace with them?
(I'm far in the game, I'm lvl 25 or so...)

EDIT: Darn, I can't even take a 50 soldier Nord Castle with my 80 men.
Could it be that the Siege addon makes castle sieges easier?

EDIT2: I just took a castle, before I renounced my oath. So right now I'm at war with 4 :!: factions. I'm going to reload and save 60k for making peace with all of them (right now I have 45k). Do you think this is a good tactic?

Bearhugger said:
But if I renounce the oath, I will have war with everyone, right?
Can I still buy peace with them?
(I'm far in the game, I'm lvl 25 or so...)

EDIT: Darn, I can't even take a 50 soldier Nord Castle with my 80 men.
Could it be that the Siege addon makes castle sieges easier?

EDIT2: I just took a castle, before I renounced my oath. So right now I'm at war with 4 :!: factions. I'm going to reload and save 60k for making peace with all of them (right now I have 45k). Do you think this is a good tactic?
you're not getting into war with anyone by renouncing...it just lowers your relation with the king...aaand you remain in war with the factions you've been in war with during the time being a vassal (if that made any sense)

on the other hand though, yes, you can buy peace off with about 20-25k with each faction and start clear, keeping your native faction troops as well (just make sure you take them with you BEFORE renouncing)

as for having a high level character and refusing to start over - just export the character and when you start over, import him/her again :wink:

Import-Export is like cheating to me  :cry:
There are quests that start war with a faction that is currently not at war with let's say Swadians.
Is there also a quest to make peace with a faction? That way I could save 20k  :wink:

Yes! There is. You get it from the Guild Masters in town - you have a random chance to get it, so you may aswell reload a couple of times before it comes up (if you don't feel like that's cheating of course, if you do try in different towns). They will tell you about their caravans being raided and stuff, and ask you to convince two lords, one on each side, to settle for a peace agreement. To convince the lords you have 3 options - 7000 or 8000 in cash, Persuasion (not very useful), or friendship (will lower relation by 24, and is possible only with high relation). The reward is 12000 denars, so you end up losing 2000 - 4000.

Hmm... This quest does not end up costing money, even if you decide to bribe the nobles.

The first noble can be bought for 7,000 (modified by your persuasion) and the second
for 1,500.  The quest pays 12,000.  You do the math.

Furthermore, you can simply attack and defeat the nobles.  I am not sure about this,
but I believe that you have a better than 20% chance of capturing them if you are
on the quest, as I have never failed to capture them.  Then again, I might have been
lucky.  Even if they escape during the night, they still count as captured for the quest's
purpose.  Then, if you wish, you can bribe your way into their nation good graces.

I have a castle and a village now  :eek:
How does the "invest money" work? It says the risk is 85 percent. Should I invest some? If so, how much?

if risk is 85% that means there is an 85% chance of you loosing your money.

So don't invest alot lol.

Thank you!
Could it be that if I put prisoners into a lord's castle they will escape more easily?

Back
Top Bottom