Overpowered Kicks

Users who are viewing this thread

Why is kicking so overpowered? You get kicked in the shield, and drop your guard for about two hours. Granted, if you get kicked in the balls, you should probably drop your guard, but kicking a shield should yield the same results as shield bashing a shield in my opinion. At the moment someone will kick your shield and throw a throwing spear into your head, killing you in one shot. This needs to be fixed immediately in my opinion.

While kicks were practically useless in the beta, I think something has changed with them because it seems much easier and more common to be able to follow up an attack after a kick now. While kicks were mainly a tool to punish poor footwork in Warband, it seems they are almost an offensive move in Bannerlord as it is actually very easy to kick blocking players who are backing away from you. Taleworlds probably needs to tweak kicking more because I'm sure it will be very possible to exploit kicks as they are now, but with that being said there still should be a tool that can open up players being overly-defensive. You shouldn't be able to feel completely safe in melee just because you have your shield up.

Its a glitch. You cannot follow up an attack after a kick, you have to hold your attack left or up, kick, and then release from these 2 directions.

Yes, the fact u can hit while u kicked was not intentional i'm pretty sure.
Isn't it likely that left and overhead attacks only work because they're faster than right and thrust attacks? Also, I remember during the beta one major issue with kicks is that they pushed your opponent out of range of most 1H weapons, which no longer seems to happen. I do think TW changed something about kicks without putting anything in the patchnotes to make them "work".

The animation literally glitches to a faster state after the kick if you held it before kicking. Top attack always hits, left also hits unless it does not glitch the animation, right swing rarely hits and thrust almost never. It's literally a bug. lol

Its a glitch. You cannot follow up an attack after a kick, you have to hold your attack left or up, kick, and then release from these 2 directions.
The animation literally glitches to a faster state after the kick if you held it before kicking. Top attack always hits, left also hits unless it does not glitch the animation, right swing rarely hits and thrust almost never. It's literally a bug. lol
Both false. You can follow up from all directions, it depends on whether the speed of the weapon allows it. On some weapons it literally only works if you swing from the correct stance. The bardiche doesn't allow follow ups at all, which makes it a pretty crappy weapon in the current meta.

I would think it more likely that the attack speed increase is intentional and that it not being consistent is a bug rather than the other way around. It's impossible to say though since TW doesn't tell us how certain mechanics are supposed to be designed.

I would think it more likely that the attack speed increase is intentional and that it not being consistent is a bug rather than the other way around. It's impossible to say though since TW doesn't tell us how certain mechanics are supposed to be designed.

doubtful, the mechanic is trash, it makes no sense to hold attack before kick, while in warband you could just kick and then attack. I am certain it's a glitch, like the countless small animation glitch/inconsistencies that exist in the game already

Kicks and shield bashes need rethinking at this point, they’ve both been powerful or weak at one point or another all depending on the window of opportunity they give. They have no way to counter other than “lol dodge it” which is easier said than done most of the time.

Kicks and shield bashes need rethinking at this point, they’ve both been powerful or weak at one point or another all depending on the window of opportunity they give. They have no way to counter other than “lol dodge it” which is easier said than done most of the time.
Shieldbashes are dog **** at this point, but kicks need a range nerf imo. I shouldnt be able to kick a back pedalling infantry

Both false. You can follow up from all directions, it depends on whether the speed of the weapon allows it. On some weapons it literally only works if you swing from the correct stance. The bardiche doesn't allow follow ups at all, which makes it a pretty crappy weapon in the current meta.
Wasnt the intention to make the game easier for newer players to learn? In this one example alone the player has to
1) Know how to kick (isnt explained in the game tutorial)
2) Be the correct faction/class for it to work.
3) Pick the correct weapon perk
4) Know that stances exist (also not explained in the games tutorial)
5) Have the ability to make these stance switches appropriately.

The burden of knowledge is so insanely high in this game. Whats gonna happen to new players once the veterans figure all this out?

The burden of knowledge is so insanely high in this game. Whats gonna happen to new players once the veterans figure all this out?
I hope to play with other noobs at the appropriate MM rank.
Actually I don't know any multiplayer game that explains advanced mechanics to the players. Tutorials are always like 'press LMB to attack, RMB to block, press F to mount the horse'. If a player wants to improve he has to search for youtube videos or experienced players anyways. At this point, kicks are even more complicated because you actually have to train the timing to execute it right. I don't think new players who can barely block need such an advanced tutorial.

Back
Top Bottom