Overpowered bandits lmao.

Users who are viewing this thread

Why the heck are all of the bandits so strong? I had 50 or so high tier empire infantry and I lost 17 when I fought against 12 mountain bandits. Same goes for forest bandits. They're so strong its unreal. How the hell am I supposed to fight them if they never miss and can literally come all of my units. Wtf is this balancing

I attacked a party of 5 forest bandits with 10 imperial infantrymen and 10 imperial recruits, they mowed half of my force until they got in melee range and the other half then ran away lol.

I think they are easy, maybe you are making some mistakes. No, it isn't "infantry on front archers on back" that's a common mistake. Archers should be on front, infantry on back until your enemy gets close. That way they can easily shoot enemies, you should harass enemies so your archers can shoot them. If your enemies get close just give "Advance" or "Charge" order to your infantries. If you have cavalries, give follow me command before the battle and get away from your infantry and archers and just charge while your enemies are fighting with your infantry.

quick edit: I didn't fight with any mountain bandits so I don't know their power but this tactic should work

I think they are easy, maybe you are making some mistakes. No, it isn't "infantry on front archers on back" that's a common mistake. Archers should be on front, infantry on back until your enemy gets close. That way they can easily shoot enemies, you should harass enemies so your archers can shoot them. If your enemies get close just give "Advance" or "Charge" order to your infantries. If you have cavalries, give follow me command before the battle and get away from your infantry and archers and just charge while your enemies are fighting with your infantry.

quick edit: I didn't fight with any mountain bandits so I don't know their power but this tactic should work
I'm playing on realistic everything and I still get almost one shot by some dude with a one handed axe. The mountain bandits have cav sometimes and they ignore you and go straight for your lines so the archer thing doesnt always work. Not to mention everyone is still stupid accurate with throwing weapons. It's just really ****ing frustrating some of the mechanics they have in here. Kill everyone in the bandit camp, last dude lands a lucky javelin and you're dead while the rest of your party is still alive in the hideout? Lose your entire party and they take you prisoner. Like some of these things just seem so obviously ridiculous that I'm super annoyed with the devs.

Some mountain bandit parties have fought against actual lords parties and they end up beating them and capturing the lord.

I have a massive shield on horseback and archers manage to hit me in me in the foot everytime and I just get murked.

Unfinished, maybe?
I have to admit that those walking machine guns are a little over the top.
They're mowing you down like no good.
Unfinished yeah but they had a singleplayer beta that should have told them archers shouldn't now you down like that and mountain bandits should be able to take on elite troops from lords and win. Idk if it's just me or what but holy crap

Unfinished yeah but they had a singleplayer beta that should have told them archers shouldn't now you down like that and mountain bandits should be able to take on elite troops from lords and win. Idk if it's just me or what but holy crap

Nah, its not only you.
I am kind of fed up now too and will switch from realistic damage for me to 2/3.

Also its a bad joke that you lose the battle when you fall, while your men are killing the bandits.
This bull**** has ended in Warband, not everthing we had in M&B 0.8 was good.

But as i said, unfinished.
Forget the beta for SP, either they don't had enough time or they got only cheering.
Either way i am glad EA has started.
Once the trolling is seperated from the real feedback things will hopefully change for the better now.

Playing on all realistic difficulty mode seems very hard, for me. As is was said even bandits (e. g. looters) are hard obstacle for twice more big party of low tier troops

There was no beta for singleplayer @Wolfsblut

I wasn't aware of one either, just thought i missed it for Dovah wrote so.

Well, then the state of the game balance wise is no wonder at all.
As much as it is annoying at times, thats what one signed in for in an early access.
I am furstrated from time to time too, but then i just look at this wonderful look of the game and the greenery of Battania calms me down again.

I don't think I ever seen my Archers use the bow yet… =(

Yea thats another point, they seem to lack what the hostile archers got too much of.

Playing on all realistic difficulty mode seems very hard, for me. As is was said even bandits (e. g. looters) are hard obstacle for twice more big party of low tier troops

Well, looters are not much worse than in Warband when you played on full damage for yourself.
Those throwing stones in WB was a problem with paper-armour too if massed upon you.
But as soon as they got bows you're really, really ****ed thats right.

yeah them forest bandits are a joke i fought 15 of them and had a 20 units of vlandian cavalry and only 3 of them made it to the archers and got shredded immediately after getting in melee combat from being shot at close range this isnt even on realistic damage as for the rest of my army well my small force of infantry and archers also proceeded to get destroyed lost all of my bois and got captured and imo i save before every battle as i find it silly that you lose the battle and when you get knocked out i was hoping they would make it so you took over another troop like in 1257ad but nope, and that was a reason why i didnt play much of warband native one couched lance to the back and boom ya lost the battle

Woaw i have no idea how ye play this game, i have fought alot i forest bandits and sea raiders and i rarely lose any men, so its a bit interesting ye lose more then half o yer men when attacking em :shock: i even attackeda khuzait and aye i got recked but i managed to kill 50 out o their 70 men and i meself Only had 40 batannian and sturgian infantery and archers,use tactics more and if ye have a problem getting to the enemy,use shieldwall and dont charge straigth on

Make sure you use the shield wall formation when approaching enemy archers, it forces your men to put up their shields. Otherwise they don't block with it on the approach, and get swiss cheesed.

Woaw i have no idea how ye play this game, i have fought alot i forest bandits and sea raiders and i rarely lose any men, so its a bit interesting ye lose more then half o yer men when attacking em :shock: i even attackeda khuzait and aye i got recked but i managed to kill 50 out o their 70 men and i meself Only had 40 batannian and sturgian infantery and archers,use tactics more and if ye have a problem getting to the enemy,use shieldwall and dont charge straigth on
Tactics isn't really an issue on my part. My archers can't hit the broad side of a barn from 3 paces, and mountain bandits can 1v1 Empire legionaries. And honestly I'm not sure I'd be scared to go against an actual lord party because even the LORDS get beat up when the mountain bandits gang up into groups of 50. I'm also on realistic everything.
Make sure you use the shield wall formation when approaching enemy archers, it forces your men to put up their shields. Otherwise they don't block with it on the approach, and get swiss cheesed.
I do use shield wall but even then it seems like they somehow manage to hit my men where they arent covered and I cant even use my archers against them because they dont even know how to use their damn bows. My palpatine guards were getting out shot by a bunch of bandits.

I love the game so far, I really do. And i want a challenge and that's why I play on realistic everything. But I feel like some things are just so unbalanced that even the no SP beta excuse doesnt really hold. The devs HAD to have atleast tried playing a version of singleplayer right? I dont know how something like this could slip by. I'm about to just start taking mountain and forest bandits prisoner and recruiting them into my ranks.

Overall I'm happy with the purchase. I love the game and a lot of it looks promising, I just hope they make the right decisions and go down a path that can really make this game legendary.

Bandits certainly need tweaking, I got hit with 90 damage from horseback by a looter, and 50 damage when I fight on foot, thank god I just created a test character and is just messing around the game

I'm playing on realistic everything and I still get almost one shot by some dude with a one handed axe. The mountain bandits have cav sometimes and they ignore you and go straight for your lines so the archer thing doesnt always work. Not to mention everyone is still stupid accurate with throwing weapons. It's just really ****ing frustrating some of the mechanics they have in here. Kill everyone in the bandit camp, last dude lands a lucky javelin and you're dead while the rest of your party is still alive in the hideout? Lose your entire party and they take you prisoner. Like some of these things just seem so obviously ridiculous that I'm super annoyed with the devs.

Some mountain bandit parties have fought against actual lords parties and they end up beating them and capturing the lord.

I have a massive shield on horseback and archers manage to hit me in me in the foot everytime and I just get murked.
Just crank the damage taken to 1/3 until they fix it
Iv never played warband full real and this has been the most challenging play through so far
I see where you are coming from

Just crank the damage taken to 1/3 until they fix it
Iv never played warband full real and this has been the most challenging play through so far
I see where you are coming from
The problem is people want a balanced game for both the ai and player, a looter destroying an empire infantryman is just not realistic, and I almost got one shotted by a looter on horseback and that looter is using a pitchfork

Back
Top Bottom