Overhead Spear Thrust animation remove?

Users who are viewing this thread

First time using this mod and I say it's pretty good. However, as a polearm user in all Mount and Blade I don't like the overhead thrusting animation that this mod uses, I much prefer the overhead smash that native has.

Is there any options in the game, installation, modding, whatever to restore that animation while leaving everything else alone? I don't want to break anything else trying to put the native animation back.

awkwarrd said:
Whats animations you speak of?
Got a gif or something to see the diff?
Well, this is one handed but the best I could find, it's the same animation more or less that the spear uses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u7jG8Q-cgI

As for the native animation I can't really find one. The native animation for the forward spear attack is raising it over the head and smashing it downward rather than stabbing it. Basically like this:

https://media.giphy.com/media/cC9o8zipE5lZIKW9LQ/giphy.gif

...which I greatly prefer, not only because it's a blunt attack but because it's easier to use effectively.

the animations are loaded at module.ini but probably present at module_items.py. Since the upcoming release contains full source, you may recompile your own flavor at your private desktop, and no longer rely on me to tweak anything. Source is not going to be "OSP", but I have no issue with tweaking on your side, off forum, to have experience you want instead of whatever I last put. Of course, the mod is considerably larger and more intricate than I expect most people expect, and I would advise spending some time browsing the excel files I will provide both to bookmark every script name and their relative location in the source, every menu, most dialogs, every trigger/simple trigger and text for fast searching to locate each item, and a separate excel file for all the database layouts for each type, with a few thousand (really!) entries at each file. I wish I had those tools years ago, but in the last 6 years I managed to forget where everything was and had to start from the beginning again. It will be much easier for you than it ever was for me. Should take you about 30 minutes to prep your first compile, counting installing python 2.7.anything and telling it to add itself to your path (I'll leave a screenshot how to set it up).

edit: I show upstab animations as removed at modmerger_options.py for v158 A series, so this issue may be v156ish.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom