OSP Kit Campaign Outposts! v0.8 - updated 15.07.11

Users who are viewing this thread

I went ahead and cut out what I had going for my own fort kit and uploaded it to the repository here:

Bob's Fort Kit 0.5

Lumos, if you or anyone else wants to make use of the scene and mission template or anything else you're welcome to it.  I'd appreciate a mention for the work though is all.

Some of the changes are a bit more scattered in the scripts and menus file than in Lumos' kit so I just put all the affected source files in the download on the repository.  I think I got everything in there but if I missed anything let me know.

As this was developed completely independantly, there are quite a few differences.  I only link to the one scene at the moment so it won't account for the terrain yet.  You're also only allowed one and there is no fort upgrade system in mine yet but I had planned on cutting stuff out and reworking the current scene to make a smaller version and then possibly another version for while its being built after I make the fort not build instantly.

hey ladys an....

ähmmm hello gentelman
            i have made bob's fort and lumos outpost to my mod                            (my mod on German http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,77598.0.html not realesed)
            hey lumos i hope you make your Planned features:
            realy nice thanks Lumos and bob

ok and i have a good scene for the outpost in my mod. look please in hd and fullscreen  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCoL0Rzh-wY

Wu-long said:
Hey um Bob is this much diff then customsettlements?

Well I originally had started going by some of the guidelines for custom settlement, mostly for the entry point scheme.  But I just wound up going with my own setup completely.  The scene could be made to work with custom settlements I think with a bit or reworking though.

As I understand it though, custom settlements adds nice scenes for cities/towns and such, I haven't played it.  This is simply a portable little town you can build wherever you want.

Its all a great idea...this and the original outposts mod.  Someone should intergrate the recruiter script to it so when you build a outpost you can hire a recruiter to fetch you troops for it.

This is what I love about you man. You put the script. Nice and well ordered. Easy to use. easy to understand....

and well gives a good script!

bobirov said:
Wu-long said:
Hey um Bob is this much diff then customsettlements?

Well I originally had started going by some of the guidelines for custom settlement, mostly for the entry point scheme.  But I just wound up going with my own setup completely.  The scene could be made to work with custom settlements I think with a bit or reworking though.

As I understand it though, custom settlements adds nice scenes for cities/towns and such, I haven't played it.  This is simply a portable little town you can build wherever you want.

ooo portable me like it how fast is it? or is it you?> does it follow or what?

Wu-long said:
Well, by portable I mean you can build it wherever you want, use it however long you want then demolish it and build it somewhere else if you want.  It still uses the same values as cdvader's posted script, 2000 denars to build and 500 denars to destroy which is really a bargain for how nice it is to have your own portable town.

bobirov said:
Wu-long said:
Well, by portable I mean you can build it wherever you want, use it however long you want then demolish it and build it somewhere else if you want.  It still uses the same values as cdvader's posted script, 2000 denars to build and 500 denars to destroy which is really a bargain for how nice it is to have your own portable town.

yeah really nice wait does it grow to any limit?

ok let´s say "use" - what "use" is it for?

I think when you own a castle you rule already the territory - but what does this outpost?

Lumos said:
What does this kit allow you to do?
It allows you to:

• Build two outposts anywhere on the map
  • Walk around the outposts
  • Enlist patrols that protect the outpost and the region
  • Upgrade the outposts, giving them better defences and allowing patrol upgrades
  • Upgrade the patrols (only after upgrading outposts), thus making them stronger
  • Customise a big of the part of the script easy and simple
Planned features:

• Siegeable outposts
  • Speak with the guards (this looks like it isnt working, but I'm not good with entry points)
  • Enemies use outposts
  • Enemies attack and conquer your outposts
  • Extended patrol dialogs
Can you read? I said what are the uses in the first post.

Es kann töten Raider ^ ^

in meinem mod viel Räuber sind, sie zu töten Ihre Landwirte und Wohnwagen, aber mit Außenposten ....

Lumos said:
Lumos said:
What does this kit allow you to do?
It allows you to:

• Build two outposts anywhere on the map
  • Walk around the outposts
  • Enlist patrols that protect the outpost and the region
  • Upgrade the outposts, giving them better defences and allowing patrol upgrades
  • Upgrade the patrols (only after upgrading outposts), thus making them stronger
  • Customise a big of the part of the script easy and simple
Planned features:

• Siegeable outposts
  • Speak with the guards (this looks like it isnt working, but I'm not good with entry points)
  • Enemies use outposts
  • Enemies attack and conquer your outposts
  • Extended patrol dialogs
Can you read? I said what are the uses in the first post.

YES I CAN READ... i already read this before my post...

BUT WHAT ECONOMIC BENEFIT?

ECONOMY PLOT SHOWING THE BENEFITS OF THE OUTPOSTS

Before outposts:
49 enemy lords attacked our settlements
66 of our caravans never returned
750 denars are all the money we've got in the treasury.

After the outposts:
12 enemy lords attacked our settlements
10 of our caravans never returned
10000 denars are all the money we've got in the treasury.

Get it now?

when i disassemble the outpost do i have to reupgrade it to its former brilliance after wards? or does it automatically get built to the highest upgrade it was

Back
Top Bottom