Outer Mesh Textures reset.

Users who are viewing this thread

TwigBeard

Recruit
Hi guys im using Outer Mesh A for my outer mesh because of the nice square cutout and want to apply the Valley B material but every time i test or reload it reverts to the Desert A material no matter what i do? any ideas why?

Hi guys im using Outer Mesh A for my outer mesh because of the nice square cutout and want to apply the Valley B material but every time i test or reload it reverts to the Desert A material no matter what i do? any ideas why?
If you load outer_mesh_a from the prefabs window, it loads outer_mesh_desert_a instead. This is a native asset. If you inspect its material, change its diffuse to outer_mesh_valley_b this only alters what you see in the editor. Compiling its shader in the material inspector and attempting to save the revised material will give you this message: Unable to save material: Package is protected. Protected items can not be modified.

Accordingly, it reverts to its protected material and texture in game or on reload. The material is protected as it is used in its current form in native scenes.

If however, you create an empty entity in your scene and add a meta mesh to it, you can correctly select outer_mesh_a, which uses the outer_mesh_valley_a texture and material.

Alternatively, you could export an outer mesh with TpacTool, reimport it into your mod with a different name. Then, assign whichever native material you want to it and save it for use in your scenes without affecting protected uses of the same asset.

EDIT - see @FoozleMcDoozle 's post just below for a better answer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Every Outermesh prefabs comes with a mesh_seasonal_material script that overwrites any change you make to the outermesh when you save the game, if you go to the script dropdown you can change the material in the script

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom