[Outdated] BRF Edit --out-of-date, see OpenBRF-- (last version 12/5/2008)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I just tried it out, and I am having some major problems. I'll post screenshots later.

Apparently this isn't backwards compatible, when I try to open up brf files for .903, all I get are textures, the models don't appear, and I get a number of error windows upon launching.

The new weapon models in .95x seem to not work either, they turn into a solid black color. I think it has something to do with shaders or textures. The old weapon models work fine though.

Does anyone have the old version of BRF edit?

Excellent! Thanks Thorgrim! Anyone else liking the look of the currently unimplemented new two-handed sword models? :smile: One of them's an awesome replica of Arms & Armor's 15th Century Two-handed Sword. The other one has a slightly dubious-looking blade, but never mind.

Heres some pictures of my errors:

I get this error when I attempt to open old brfs. I get loads of pop ups, and finally when the brf edit interface appears, no meshes show up in the mesh list, only the textures appear.

I get this error whenever I open brf edit.

All the new models also turn a pitch black color.

Some details : My card doesn't support DX9, in case that has anything to do with this.

Also - If anyone still has v.8.3 of brf edit, can someone upload it so I can grab it? I forgot to backup mine.  :cry:

Well, my models and textures from previous version works great, only materials had to be redone. Also I don't have any errors while loading any BRF from current version. However setting flags for material doesn't work, every of them is unchecked all the time.

More details on my problem - Some old brfs can import/open correctly, some can't. The ones that open, the textures don't show up, they just turn into a pink blob. Under the texture tab, it is blank.

The other old brfs, I get a plethora of error messages, and then the textures load, but the meshes don't appear.

Ugh... If only I backed up my old brf edit version. (Please, does anyone have it?)

I'm pretty sure the "show reach" option isn't working, aswell. The dialog comes up, but there's no actual reference shape that comes up for measuring the reach.

Fei Dao said:
More details on my problem - Some old brfs can import/open correctly, some can't. The ones that open, the textures don't show up, they just turn into a pink blob. Under the texture tab, it is blank.

The other old brfs, I get a plethora of error messages, and then the textures load, but the meshes don't appear.

Ugh... If only I backed up my old brf edit version. (Please, does anyone have it?)

Try: http://members.iinet.net.au/~dstent/mnb/BRFEdit0-8-3b.exe

http://members.iinet.net.au/~dstent/mnb/BRFEdit-0-8-5b.zip ( This one had some issues still though)

to Thorgrim
First thanks very match for You work !  :wink: My mod for 0.950 i make use HEX editor , but for 0.952 already use You Grate 0.8.9 Brf Edit  :wink:

Second . I make mod with textures , so , textures without alpha channel don’t show in models brf (with mesh , exempl item_meshes1.brf)  , only background ,textures.brf don’t show any textures.
Environments shader materials don’t show this effect (this not realy need , but maybe :wink:)

Anyway GRATEST WORK EVER !  :!: Keep it up !  :wink:

ps Then we may hope next update ?  :roll:

I get this error as well when opening items.
http://img104.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errornw1.png

And I get an 'Invalid Material' warning, and as was to be expected from such, I have no material/texture on the viewed object.

Problems?
Show reach doesn't work.
Weapons and armors look strange (strange textures).
You can't activate some checkboxes.

With the current editor, it is quite difficult to guess the reach of weapons and to see which one is beautiful and which is not.
I hope this will be fixed soon, because the BRF Editor is a great tool.

The horse skeleton seems to have changed once again. After rigging a horse to the skeleton of a model from 960, it is still screwed up. Is it right that the editor still exports the old horse skeleton?
If so, Thor, any chance that you could extract the new horse skeleton to a smd file?

I think we all wait new update  :wink:
I hope Thorgrim make BRF update after patch 0.960 ,becouse its last beta before relize  :roll: And I think in relize more things will be same like in 0.960  :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom