[Outdated] BRF Edit --out-of-date, see OpenBRF-- (last version 12/5/2008)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of interest Highlander, any chance of you doing a quick run through of the process you used to create your animations? I've managed to get an animated costume in max, but am unsure about how to translate that to full animations.

Excuse me for asking this, but how do I change the textures and logos and stuff? The menu backgrounds etc.

Thorgrim, I've recently been experimenting with adding new animations to skeleton BRF. I note the devs suggests replacing "unused human action" slots. However, at present these are only 2 frames long. I noticed there's an "add frames" tag when importing, but it seems to have no effect.

Out of interest, is this an engine or editor limitation.

It spits out several error messages and when it does launch everything gives an invalid material error.

No big deal really.  Not point in porting to .950 if 1.0 is around the corner.

There was indications of a possible may release. Anyway, doesn't matter if it does or doesn't. Thorogrim said he's not going to update till 1.0. So editing for 0.950 might not be possible anyway.

Vilhjalmr said:
1.0 is not coming out in a few weeks.

As mentioned above, v.1.0 had been planned for May. Whether v.0.950 was released because v.1.0 is being delayed, I couldn't say. But that is a possibility. It seems strange to put out a release so soon before a launch date.

They said that .950 has most of the features that are going to be in the final version, so it might not be too long away. Can you port .903 mods to .950? If you can then we can just caryy on making mods with .903 and then port.

Dain Ironfoot said:
There was indications of a possible may release. Anyway, doesn't matter if it does or doesn't. Thorogrim said he's not going to update till 1.0. So editing for 0.950 might not be possible anyway.

thats partly what I was thinking

but I think 1.0 will nbe out soon is becasue
Amagan isn;t  just going to say "here you go guys 1.0"  he wants testers to fix bugs so he releses the almost finished copy of the game to do just that and once we find all the bugs he fixes them and boom 1.0

Ok, really quick hotfix so that it mostly works with 0.95x.  Animations etc are broken again of course (And I'll be waiting for 1.0 to fix them), but meshes, materials etc should mostly work.

You may also notice that BRFEdit now displays normal mapping pretty much as it appears in game.

Have fun, and sorry I don't really have any time to provide any kind of support at the moment.  Feel free to post any issues you have though, and I'll look into them whenever I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom