[Outdated] BRF Edit --out-of-date, see OpenBRF-- (last version 12/5/2008)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are telling me that there is no possible way to get around the assertion failure for v 9.03, when in fact others DO mod for .903 and it works fine?

Dont see why its such a problem to be helpful...

I do this on my own free time.  I already told you, get rid of v.960 or mod for .960.  You cannot do both.  The brf isnt set up to do that.

hi everyone,
I need some help to work with brf files...
I need to read the content of a brf files but I've not found any documentation about the structure of the file...
someone could help me?
I need this information for a school project about animetion and rigging (also editing the skeleton of a mesh).
Thanks everyone

I just so happened to run into this today.  I refound it doing a "brf structure" search.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,7041.0.html

okay, I tried using .960, tried to open the files, still got the same damn error I got for .903.
I tried re-downloadin the editor a dozen times, still get the same error message.

When I try to start the editor it loads almost 50% done it just quit whitout any mesage.
Does any one know the answer of this problem?

I'm just wondering why the marterials options are greyed-out on the mesh sub-menu. Am I simply doing something wrong?

EDIT: Figured it out.

Hi,
  I've recently found a quiet strange problem,whenever I try to open a .brf file,come a pop up saying:

System.Runtime.Interopservices.SEHException:Eception launched by an external component.
    in _CxxThrowException(Void$,_s__ThrowInfo$)
    in brf.Parser.parse(StreamReader$reader,ResourceCollection$res,Int32version)
    in
  brf.loadMaterials(basic_string char1\,std::char_traits1char2\,std::allocator1char4
  4$fname,ResourceCollection$col)
    in BRFEdit.Form1.loadMaterialsFromBrf(SByte$filename,Boolean
  prompt_them)

[The $ are for asterisks,and the 1 and 4 are respectively for minus and major signs.I'm writing with a laptop keyboard,hence the lack of those symbols,sorry.]

I cannot open any .brf files,and what is more frustrating is that this came out from nowhere.I mean that I've used the .brfeditor for years(well this version for a smaller period,but that's details)with no problems,and now suddenly that.
Anyone has any advise regarding how to solve that?

P.S.If the answer is yes you have to tell it me :lol:.

I have the same problem as FerdiadITA.... I suddenly can't open any .brf files with 0.8.9.5 even though I was editing them just a few minutes ago.

EDIT: This occurs when working on M&B .903 for me.

:cry:
My BRF seemes to be ever so slightly shagged.
Everytime I try and change the material of a model it just turns black and will never change no matter what I do.
It's realy annoying since I've now learned how to model and texture and how to put wings models into game.
Does anyone know whats happened? It's never done this before and I've tried reinstalling it but that does nothing.

I'm getting that message "failed to start because d3dx9_29.dll was not found" .... I have Direct X 9.0c installed (Windows XP Pro) ...

Help! This seems to be a rather necessary tool for modding...

Kayne said:
For those of you who have trouble with the 'd3dx9_29.dll' thingy download this, and rename to whatever is troubling you.
http://host-a.net/StevenII/d3dx9_29.dll
and then stick it in the brf folder (where the exe is).
Hope this helps  :smile:

THANK YOU!

er... sorry for the double post... i was feeling rather giddy  :lol:

EDIT: I'm now having that black material problem too! I've explained what's going on here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,6146.180.html

FerdiadITA said:
Hi,
  I've recently found a quiet strange problem,whenever I try to open a .brf file,come a pop up saying:

System.Runtime.Interopservices.SEHException:Eception launched by an external component.
    in _CxxThrowException(Void$,_s__ThrowInfo$)
    in brf.Parser.parse(StreamReader$reader,ResourceCollection$res,Int32version)
    in
  brf.loadMaterials(basic_string char1\,std::char_traits1char2\,std::allocator1char4
  4$fname,ResourceCollection$col)
    in BRFEdit.Form1.loadMaterialsFromBrf(SByte$filename,Boolean
  prompt_them)

[The $ are for asterisks,and the 1 and 4 are respectively for minus and major signs.I'm writing with a laptop keyboard,hence the lack of those symbols,sorry.]

I cannot open any .brf files,and what is more frustrating is that this came out from nowhere.I mean that I've used the .brfeditor for years(well this version for a smaller period,but that's details)with no problems,and now suddenly that.
Anyone has any advise regarding how to solve that?

P.S.If the answer is yes you have to tell it me :lol:.
Same here.
error.jpg

okay... somehow all the weapons in the weapon meshes1 have all been randomly deleted and I need them back, otherwise every time I try to go into an arms store the game crashes. I redownloaded the Brf edit and M&B, but keep having these problems. any help?
EDIT: okay, here are some meshes I know are lost. (there's most likely more, but...) pike, battle fork, military fork, war ax, voulge, rusty pick,sledgehammer,spiked mace, iron hammer
EDIT: never mind, it's all working now, courtesy of Tiwaz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom