Our feedback on Multiplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

dude24oak

Sergeant at Arms
    Overall it was really amazing, the atmosphere and swords and armor set the mood, but I did notice some flaws, in which I will state.
The shields are being held really oddly... hopefully to be fixed, but you already know that:3. The gameplay is very slow with fewer players, so there should be an option to turn stamina on and off in multiplayer game setups. The stamina is amazing, but don't you think there should be a walking button; the regular shift doesn't work. You can tell the amount of time spent on this was great and awesome. There also should be a light infantry and heavy infantry class, for when I'm playing, they all have the same stamina it gets annoying. The light infantry dominate the heavy infantry in battle, because the light infantry can simply choose a spear and literatly beat the **** out of a guy. There must be a vetern heavy infantry, that stamina is the same as light infantry and reduces ALOT slower because they are used to carrying the armor. And light infantry veterns should be able to run faster or w/e to balance them with the vetern of heavy infantry. These are my thoughts, and suggestions on this extremely detailed, cool, fun, and multiplayer/singleplayer mod.

Best of luck
~Chaz

Well, replies  :grin:

-New shield Animation - Idea is change it, I dont like native that hide eyes, this is more realism, no?

-Fatigue - We did some ajust. When I fixed a issue I will send u for testing.

- I dont understand well that you mean about light infantry. Light infantry lose less stamina that heavy infantry because they have less weight. But heavy infantry is more strong in melee.
If heavy infantry try pursue to light infantry, they are more slow and they will lose more stamina. By that, idea is that in battles, both troop type can be usable. Actually, everybody want be heavy infantry in native multiplayer hehe

- Light infantry dont dominate if heavy infantry use well their tactics. we can test this if you wish.

Thank you!

It's just the guy holds the shield with his fist and arm down like this | and when he turns it should stay like that, and it does, but when you regularly hold it it goes to your left side, it looks wierd. And a class mybe to restrict the weapons, because they'd want to have lighter weapons, so why not "Light spear" instead of heavy spear or just spear and maybe some sort of light sword or low-carbon sword for heavy infantry (Heavy and very durable) or high-carbon sword (Light but not so durable) or elite units to have Mixed carbon sword (Durable, and mediumly light) What katanas are, mixed carbon and very sharp and durable.

I'd have to agree - the angle on that shield is really funny, I suddenly got hit alot more. Don't really like the new angle.

When will next test comes, because i could participate too.  :grin: Didnt have time last time but seems very interesting. I have never played m&b multiplayer but brytenwalda multiplayer is something i have to try  :grin:

Well that was great fun! Beautiful scenes  :cool:

- Jumping should cost more stamina, this is not a FPS
- Suggestion; Instead of running out of stamina, slow down attack significantly, if thats even possible, or at least make it so you can block/defend somehow. Again if possible. Still its something to get used to aswell to be honest. Just thinking out loud.
Is there a difference between a briton archer and a pictish archer? with the latter i had more stamina problems. Could be me.

Screenshots of errors:

i uploaded all 15 but there are alot of doubles no doubt.
http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m229/Freakwave/

was playing as Cirigh btw.

Freakwave said:
Well that was great fun! Beautiful scenes  :cool:
- Jumping should cost more stamina, this is not a FPS
- Suggestion; Instead of running out of stamina, slow down attack significantly, if thats even possible, or at least make it so you can block/defend somehow. Again if possible. Still its something to get used to aswell to be honest. Just thinking out loud.
I agree with above. Slowing attack, walking speed and making blocking slower/ineffective(if it's possible) for exhausted players is..  well... just appropriate and definitely better than fish-dance :smile: Also players should have more stamina or the moves that drains stamina should be better balanced. Well, I don't know if I'm right but does just covering with shield drain stamina? Only taking a hit on a shield should drain it.

The weapons aren't well balanced - eg. Godelic spears. IIRC the cheapest one is better than the most expensive and the two handed one is just overpowered, one hit, one kill - it has 40 pierce damage and with broken WB stabbing(starting a move aiming out of enemy and then pointing it at him and hitting) it's just overkill.

And some sounds, jingles would be nice, too :smile: It already has that great Brytenwalda atmosphere, but there's a lack of music anyway ;P

HUtH said:
Well, I don't know if I'm right but does just covering with shield drain stamina?
Yes, holding up the shield drains stamina.

Instead of music we've added ambient sounds to multiplayer.
I don't normally play multiplayer and actually didn't think people listened to music
since it would drown important sounds like horse hoofs and the 'thump' sound of hitting an opponent with ranged weapons etc...

I got a feedback note the injured message kills the multiplayer due to it constantly bugging you.

2 your stamina is terrible on snow maps...is it true or am I just making that up?

Adorno said:
HUtH said:
Well, I don't know if I'm right but does just covering with shield drain stamina?
Yes, holding up the shield drains stamina.

Instead of music we've added ambient sounds to multiplayer.
I don't normally play multiplayer and actually didn't think people listened to music
since it would drown important sounds like horse hoofs and the 'thump' sound of hitting an opponent with ranged weapons etc...
I think that holding the shield up isn't very tiresome for a warrior, but blocking sure is.

And I used word 'music' unconsiderately, I was thinking about some short "jingles", after winning/losing especially. Ambient sounds are cool, nice to hear birds in the middle of winter, even if they're virtual(nerd mode on :razz:)

HUtH said:
And I used word 'music' unconsiderately, I was thinking about some short "jingles", after winning/losing especially. Ambient sounds are cool, nice to hear birds in the middle of winter, even if they're virtual(nerd mode on :razz:)
We actually considered small tunes for winning/losing but limitations in the scripts prevented it.

Also, you did not hear birds in the winter. The two 'winter maps' have strong winds.
Only maps with open fields have birds chirping - like Din Bych, Crannog, Broch and others.
The 'Into The Trees' map has wind in trees - obviously  :smile:
Hadrian's Wall map has 'cold winds'.
Din Tagell has some waves because it's a promontory fort by the sea...

All in all you have:

- About 5 ambient sounds in loop for different scenes
- Heavy breathing when injured/low health.
- Drums beating at start of battle (dum dum dum dudum).

Adorno said:
We actually considered small tunes for winning/losing but limitations in the scripts prevented it.
hmm, I played native bilion years ago, but in cRPG there is a sound at the end of the round.

Also, you did not hear birds in the winter. The two 'winter maps' have strong winds.
lol of course not in the winter maps, I wrote about winter in real world :razz: :grin:

All in all you have:
- About 5 ambient sounds in loop for different scenes
- Heavy breathing when injured/low health.
- Drums beating at start of battle (dum dum dum dudum).
And all of that is awesome :smile:

Back
Top Bottom