Ottoman Research

Users who are viewing this thread

Its a strictly Janissary related title, different units used different type of ranking, therefore I'm trying to construct a generic rank line.

The amount of titles is too damn high, even different janissary ortas had different titles.

I think the native Balkan nations shouldn't be excluded and there have to be some units representing them. As it was mentioned before the Christian people were a part of the Russian plan for dominition over the Balkans. Many revolts in that era were meant to aid a certain Russo-Turkish war or were funded by Russia. I think when the time is right, it would be interesting to implement some quests regarding revolts against the Ottomans. I think it would be nice to add some Bulgarian, Serbian, Wallachian and Albanian native troops.

The_Hussar said:
I think the native Balkan nations shouldn't be excluded and there have to be some units representing them. As it was mentioned before the Christian people were a part of the Russian plan for dominition over the Balkans. Many revolts in that era were meant to aid a certain Russo-Turkish war or were funded by Russia. I think when the time is right, it would be interesting to implement some quests regarding revolts against the Ottomans. I think it would be nice to add some Bulgarian, Serbian, Wallachian and Albanian native troops.

The First Serbian Uprising was the first stage of the Serbian Revolution, the successful wars of independence that lasted for 9 years and approximately 9 months (1804–1813), during which Serbia perceived itself as an independent state for the first time after more than three centuries of Ottoman rule and short-lasting Austrian occupations. - from wikipedia

Zelingos said:
The_Hussar said:

The First Serbian Uprising was the first stage of the Serbian Revolution, the successful wars of independence that lasted for 9 years and approximately 9 months (1804–1813), during which Serbia perceived itself as an independent state for the first time after more than three centuries of Ottoman rule and short-lasting Austrian occupations. - from wikipedia
Also important to note that at the time of the mod the Serbian territory was at its height during the entire uprising.

SBolshevik said:
Zelingos said:
The_Hussar said:

Also important to note that at the time of the mod the Serbian territory was at its height during the entire uprising.
It was indeed.
wKbvGE3.png

Wulfric said:
I honestly think that minor nations like Serbia shouldn't be focused in this state of the mod.
No, they should not.
But the First Serbian Uprising isn't a minor event as it was a relatively long and successful peasant revolt. Were it more successful it could have caused similar revolts in other areas of the Ottoman-controlled Balkans.

SBolshevik said:
Wulfric said:
I honestly think that minor nations like Serbia shouldn't be focused in this state of the mod.
No, they should not.
But the First Serbian Uprising isn't a minor event as it was a relatively long and successful peasant revolt. Were it more successful it could have caused similar revolts in other areas of the Ottoman-controlled Balkans.

Yes, and since the rebellion is at its height at the time of the mod, if its successful in the game, other Balkan nations should also be given right to make their own rebellions or join the Serbian one. There were many strategy plans for liberating the Balkan people, including a Balkan federation.

SBolshevik said:
Wulfric said:
No, they should not.
Of course they shouldn't.
But since this is the Otoman research thread, and the First Serbian Uprising was a major event in the region, as Bolshevik already mentioned, which slightly changed map of Europe, and it is directly connected to Ottoman Empire, I just thought I should mention it.
Not a first thing, and certanly not most important thing to do, but something to think about in future maybe.

Figure 14 is an "alima" meaning to the French a dancer, musician, or prostitute. Ghawazi frequently performed without a veil and were regarded as women of low morals, but few actually prostituted themselves. Conversely, many prostitutes danced for Napoelon's troops in 1798-99 and probably inspired those illustrations I posted in the old L'Aigle thread; and the French did not make a distinction. Many such dancing whores caught by the Egyptian authorities were decapitated and their bodies dumped into the Nile - or just drowned in a sack, sources conflict.

Figures 25 and 27 are from a harem, so the artist either is indulging in his imagination like so many Western artists obsessed with the harem, or he was entertained by the women of his host in that capacity, and then drew what he saw.

i remember ali pasa from the history (god make them) lessons
at school.
he was quite the character. he died chased on a small island,
shot through the floor, from below, to the stomach.

Did some of the common scumm in the Ottoman army still use matchlocks?

Wiki says it was used in European armies till about 1720, if so, we can assume there were still some matchlocks in use considering there wasn't any regular, centralized reforms.

1nADhZG.jpg

Plate 1 - (anachronistic portrayal of the past)

mxGMjnA.jpg

Details

BBvVoZR.jpg

M78BLH4.jpg

2nktTof.jpg

Plate 2 - Sultan Mahmud II

nr47jtV.jpg

Details

ZhvOB3C.jpg

YWauZrD.jpg

TjGIGPW.jpg

Plate 3

pCJjVQ8.jpg

Details

hepi4LR.jpg

sp5nnLY.jpg

g7nAVwH.jpg

ViWy9Rd.jpg

G5rDT5o.jpg

Plate 4

fgr33yU.jpg

Details

f2EOto3.jpg

eqGrPDl.jpg

sLHLMlw.jpg

Plate 5 - Navy

ft8mHwX.jpg

Details

hfT9DYm.jpg

RbgUnmH.jpg

MUFkvQX.jpg

FysWiK6.jpg

piU1oht.jpg

45EG0G7.jpg

2oigO8o.jpg

Plate 6

R5XMleh.jpg

Details

BL1qyVX.jpg

C29uMOb.jpg

ESjqqmf.jpg

Plate 7

051A9F4.jpg

Details

59N1Veq.jpg

gbI87wT.jpg

vO9F3YM.jpg

jOQeBGE.jpg

fNbVuIZ.jpg

Plate 8 - Foreign Ambassador

8oqo9Qc.jpg

Details

Xo6phcK.jpg

b7fwyWF.jpg

uJ5pK9I.jpg

UX4y3iA.jpg

ODOG762.jpg

Plate 9

iSQpafX.jpg

Details

bUz06D5.jpg

DU2ODDw.jpg

CGWEW3x.jpg

dvtTjOX.jpg

CnMPYiZ.jpg

Plate 10

YeyxcQv.jpg

Details

aQ0q0T1.jpg

hilSMHh.jpg

vmjUigT.jpg

aZlqCU5.jpg

XvEbO4d.jpg

Plate 11

vfLme9E.jpg

Details

p2bMawM.jpg

0nAfglH.jpg

5OTQ8o8.jpg

6YYNW9O.jpg

nkw3lIL.jpg

Plate 12

wXIXAv9.jpg

Details

nVw4Kcl.jpg

i085ouv.jpg

K6TZNIK.jpg

Plate 13 - Tatars

kfUkM1t.jpg

Details

VAE7d1V.jpg

1xUG6AD.jpg

UcT9Dj6.jpg

Plate 14

QGm3cYA.jpg

Details

x6MFCKW.jpg

85elnSL.jpg

yl9pcti.jpg

NHDru5l.jpg

irmQXLe.jpg

Plate 15

gIWaoS6.jpg

Details

Bxp2QOu.jpg

UogT52f.jpg

UWeRr2A.jpg

zm2R3hE.jpg

Pxhqpg8.jpg

Plate 16 & Details - Music Band

bMQn3s7.jpg

Olqbin3.jpg

Plate 17

Zph0Nkn.jpg

Details

sii5ZyX.jpg

UkbaEds.jpg

00cspGj.jpg

Plate 18 & Details - Artillerymen

jvAjK9w.jpg

Lmp3NQq.jpg

Plate 19

Td6DDdp.jpg

Details

pbVZEJO.jpg

suCr4uF.jpg

EfANLu9.jpg

Plate 20

7Vu7BvT.jpg

Details

yiZRW84.jpg

eP4Rn7z.jpg

rMEgnZa.jpg

Plate 21 & Details

7p5n2ZF.jpg

OsNNwGD.jpg

Plate 22

Tcws79N.jpg

Details

oK9g3tm.jpg

5otFsx4.jpg

nuVTmZg.jpg

Plate 23

doK3rRn.jpg

Details

CA4G3RL.jpg

nM8DTn2.jpg

VTpZvix.jpg

the rest of the pages...

5bnKrsl.jpg

UvEHrIh.jpg

jknvIos.jpg

88UidgJ.jpg

7auNAvA.jpg

JXKr3C0.jpg

3LKRsrG.jpg

LYJqcLO.jpg

ZJI4p5w.jpg

zrazuau.jpg

j6XSjEv.jpg

NqDy4x0.jpg

DgjuXg9.jpg

matmohair1 said:
1nADhZG.jpg

Plate 1 - (anachronistic portrayal of the past)

mxGMjnA.jpg

Details

BBvVoZR.jpg

M78BLH4.jpg

2nktTof.jpg

Plate 2 - Sultan Mahmud II

nr47jtV.jpg

Details

ZhvOB3C.jpg

YWauZrD.jpg

TjGIGPW.jpg

Plate 3

pCJjVQ8.jpg

Details

hepi4LR.jpg

sp5nnLY.jpg

g7nAVwH.jpg

ViWy9Rd.jpg

G5rDT5o.jpg

Plate 4

fgr33yU.jpg

Details

f2EOto3.jpg

eqGrPDl.jpg

sLHLMlw.jpg

Plate 5 - Navy

ft8mHwX.jpg

Details

hfT9DYm.jpg

RbgUnmH.jpg

MUFkvQX.jpg

FysWiK6.jpg

piU1oht.jpg

45EG0G7.jpg

2oigO8o.jpg

Plate 6

R5XMleh.jpg

Details

BL1qyVX.jpg

C29uMOb.jpg

ESjqqmf.jpg

Plate 7

051A9F4.jpg

Details

59N1Veq.jpg

gbI87wT.jpg

vO9F3YM.jpg

jOQeBGE.jpg

fNbVuIZ.jpg

Plate 8 - Foreign Ambassador

8oqo9Qc.jpg

Details

Xo6phcK.jpg

b7fwyWF.jpg

uJ5pK9I.jpg

UX4y3iA.jpg

ODOG762.jpg

Plate 9

iSQpafX.jpg

Details

bUz06D5.jpg

DU2ODDw.jpg

CGWEW3x.jpg

dvtTjOX.jpg

CnMPYiZ.jpg

Plate 10

YeyxcQv.jpg

Details

aQ0q0T1.jpg

hilSMHh.jpg

vmjUigT.jpg

aZlqCU5.jpg

XvEbO4d.jpg

Plate 11

vfLme9E.jpg

Details

p2bMawM.jpg

0nAfglH.jpg

5OTQ8o8.jpg

6YYNW9O.jpg

nkw3lIL.jpg

Plate 12

wXIXAv9.jpg

Details

nVw4Kcl.jpg

i085ouv.jpg

K6TZNIK.jpg

Plate 13 - Tatars

kfUkM1t.jpg

Details

VAE7d1V.jpg

1xUG6AD.jpg

UcT9Dj6.jpg

Plate 14

QGm3cYA.jpg

Details

x6MFCKW.jpg

85elnSL.jpg

yl9pcti.jpg

NHDru5l.jpg

irmQXLe.jpg

Plate 15

gIWaoS6.jpg

Details

Bxp2QOu.jpg

UogT52f.jpg

UWeRr2A.jpg

zm2R3hE.jpg

Pxhqpg8.jpg

Plate 16 & Details - Music Band

bMQn3s7.jpg

Olqbin3.jpg

Plate 17

Zph0Nkn.jpg

Details

sii5ZyX.jpg

UkbaEds.jpg

00cspGj.jpg

Plate 18 & Details - Artillerymen

jvAjK9w.jpg

Lmp3NQq.jpg

Plate 19

Td6DDdp.jpg

Details

pbVZEJO.jpg

suCr4uF.jpg

EfANLu9.jpg

Plate 20

7Vu7BvT.jpg

Details

yiZRW84.jpg

eP4Rn7z.jpg

rMEgnZa.jpg

Plate 21 & Details

7p5n2ZF.jpg

OsNNwGD.jpg

Plate 22

Tcws79N.jpg

Details

oK9g3tm.jpg

5otFsx4.jpg

nuVTmZg.jpg

Plate 23

doK3rRn.jpg

Details

CA4G3RL.jpg

nM8DTn2.jpg

VTpZvix.jpg

the rest of the pages...

5bnKrsl.jpg

UvEHrIh.jpg

jknvIos.jpg

88UidgJ.jpg

7auNAvA.jpg

JXKr3C0.jpg

3LKRsrG.jpg

LYJqcLO.jpg

ZJI4p5w.jpg

zrazuau.jpg

j6XSjEv.jpg

NqDy4x0.jpg

DgjuXg9.jpg
What are those daggers the guys on nummer 18 have?

Back
Top Bottom