Other ways to earn money

Users who are viewing this thread

So i was trying smithing but its too much op and destroy fun of game i could become millionaire before my character reach 21 age. Income from workshop are low and i dont know if this is a bug or actual gameplay but i lost my workshops in faction i am at war with ( in warband or floris you lose income during the war here you lose your workshop and need to buy it again ). Tournaments and raiding village imo are not so good way to earn money as they was in warband. I only want an idea how i can maintain army +100/120 that can take down lords without whole time fighting them for loot and slaves. I also tried raiding other kingdoms caravans and actually this is the only way i get some good income but its exhausting repeating this for 5/10 hours

War!
Looting the enemy armour/weapons and selling them is the way.

I have the perk that turns weapons into XP for the troops, and I just loot the armor. After a few in-game years I have more than 10 million in the bank. And you will need that money if you want to buy lords or buy high end equipment for your companions. Because once your companions die, you won't get that back, so you will need more and more money.

I am soon going to let my heir take the perks that make both weapons and armor into troop XP, and I think that character is going to go broke.

if this is a bug or actual gameplay but i lost my workshops in faction i am at war with
Not a bug. There's even a perk in Trade, which allows you to have 5000 gold for each lost workshop.

But for me, the income from a few workshops was good enough. Right now I have about 7 workshops and 3 caravans and it brings me a very good proift (considering that I have 5 cities with huge garissons). Caravans are getting constantly destroyed though...

You can make enough for an army with just trade. Trade requires kind of developing a knowledge of how the game economy works though, especially when you don't want to follow easy/predictable routes all the time. You pick it up as you go along.

If you want to make a lot extra, I would pick a single faction and their caravans out as fair game. Aserai are the best IMHO, they're usually separated from much of the mainland, you get their goods from their caravans instead of having to meander through the desert with a speed penalty, and there are a few locations they're easy to catch in. Then you can also periodically and opportunistically hunt down their lords.

I'm always at war with Aserai and a variety of minor factions that are easy to defeat (Hidden Hand, Embers, Eleftheroi, etc.) since they're great loot bags for me.

Overall it's best to combine a variety of methods of making money though. You can get by without smithing fine.

Just defeat lords. Make powerful party but don't go over say t4 at first, t4 horse archers at clan rank 1, even without good quarter master is enough to destroy single lord parties, just be a merc against someone easy like imperials or sturgia and defeat their single lords. Save up say 100K then upgrade to tier 5 or 6, always save some money incase their a lull in a war for me reason. It's really easy to get going in this game just kill bandits and do quests and tournaments until clan rank 1 then become a merc and go "force recruit" villages of the enemy for good troops, influence and loot, then once your good troops are t4 (I get horse archers from khuz viallages) start hunting lord parties.

Tournaments are actually paying better then in warband if we look at value of the money, you can get several war horses from the winning/selling the item where as a warband win would be barely 1. Raiding sucks though, no argument there.

Tournaments in this game is much better in long term than warband, in warband you get less and less money as time went by while I don't see that happen here, sell equipment from tournament would be more than what warband offer, tournament seem easier than warband do as well.

I don't know about raiding, I'm more of roleplay good guy, not bad guy harm some poor village.

Hunting bandit is very profit, much more than warband.

Smithing is ok, not overpower, it's too much clicking, buying resource, trying to find resource to craft, rest in town lot to recovery stamina, low values weapon may losing money for time to get resource and craft resource to other resource with cost of stamina, but other high value weapon seem reasonable with lot of clicking here and there and rest town lot, wanderer map don't count rest. Town only limited buy weapon with limited fund.
Smithing is supposedly be very profit and business, what wrong with it? Smithing is highly values in real life in back time, everyone need people who skilled in smithing for lot of reason. Why I got feeling some believe smithing is not supposedly to be business?

Trader may less profit than smithing, but not had to rest in town, leveling many skill at once, while smithing only leveling smithing and you can't do out and come back to smithing, you had to stay in town to rest.

Unlocking whole weapon craft, no range and armor, so no, I don't believe it's overpower at all, since I test out and it's not overpower, of course I'm playing 1.7, I don't know what was smithing like before 1.7.

I like smithing but it's too limited, some low value weapon isn't profit and had to use high value weapon to make up for buying resource to craft and time to craft.

Workshop is kind of low income, and some people told me town and castle cost more than product income do.

Tournaments are actually paying better then in warband if we look at value of the money, you can get several war horses from the winning/selling the item where as a warband win would be barely 1.
This is a really poor relative measure.

In warband heavy horses where around 3-4k.You can get cheaper horses in Bannerlord, for sure, but they are unarmored! What is actually going to cost you your shirt is the horse armor.

Tournaments where, comparatively, much more profitable in warband.

Ah, yea, horse come with armor in warband, but bannerlord still costy with armor of horse, (I think it's about 35,000 with 64 armor rating on vlandia mount) Where Warband cost about 6,000 (very best horse cost way more, I forgot and it's rare, hard to get it while bannerlord is easier to get rare item)

I don't see or noticed bannerlord tournaments money drop as time went over. Warband do, best one when I making bet 4,000 at start of game, but it's going down as time went by even 2,000 to 1,000 even with bet every round) Warband's tournaments is harder but bannerlord tournaments is easier to win and faster, and money don't seem down, but there is time no money but very rare item that you can't get, but can be sold.
Warband isn't very profit in tournament in long term while bannerlord do and more like influence from perk, and double from other perk as well, I think there is 3 or 4 perk that buff tournaments way more than warband do.

That is said, I find most profit is had workshop and hunting sea raider, it's very good profit in warband, but bannerlord's workshop isn't much, but hunting sea raider still good, but not only that, even looter's loots petty good and much better than warband, I recalled, any bandit will do, while warband, only sea raider is worthy to hunting, but not other bandit.

Warband and Bannerlord had both positive and negative but only game developer and manager are clever to remove that negative, but sometime they missed the goal.

Ah, yea, horse come with armor in warband, but bannerlord still costy with armor of horse, (I think it's about 35,000 with 64 armor rating on vlandia mount) Where Warband cost about 6,000 (very best horse cost way more, I forgot and it's rare, hard to get it while bannerlord is easier to get rare item)

I don't see or noticed bannerlord tournaments money drop as time went over. Warband do, best one when I making bet 4,000 at start of game, but it's going down as time went by even 2,000 to 1,000 even with bet every round) Warband's tournaments is harder but bannerlord tournaments is easier to win and faster, and money don't seem down, but there is time no money but very rare item that you can't get, but can be sold.
Warband isn't very profit in tournament in long term while bannerlord do and more like influence from perk, and double from other perk as well, I think there is 3 or 4 perk that buff tournaments way more than warband do.

That is said, I find most profit is had workshop and hunting sea raider, it's very good profit in warband, but bannerlord's workshop isn't much, but hunting sea raider still good, but not only that, even looter's loots petty good and much better than warband, I recalled, any bandit will do, while warband, only sea raider is worthy to hunting, but not other bandit.

Warband and Bannerlord had both positive and negative but only game developer and manager are clever to remove that negative, but sometime they missed the goal.
Loot from the various bandit types is not better in bannerlord, not even close.

For two reasons.

The first reason is that some of the stuff you would typically spend money on, gear and the before mentioned warhorses, are orders of magnitudes more expensive in bannerlord.

The second reason is that loot was shared with your party/depended on your party size in warband. So running a small party or even running solo would ensure that you didnt have to share the loot with too many thus ensuring that you could gain quite a bit of loot, particularly of course from everyones favorit bandits the Sea raiders.

Because of this it was perfectly possible just sticking to hunting bandits until you had geared you and your companions up. In bannerlord I doubt anyone would want to do that. You need to push into the merc phase and start hunting lord to start making real money.

In regard to tournament money, I am 99% sure that the amount you gain from betting gradually falls as your tournament rating increase. You still get an item though and I also find tournaments to be a much safer bet/easier in bannerlord.

Back
Top Bottom