SP Fantasy [OSP][WB][Submod] InVain's TLD Scene Pack

Users who are viewing this thread

Finally, Version 2.0 is up!  :grin:

Contains two new scenes: Caras Galadhon and Rivendell Camp.

Version 2.0 changelog:
- added Caras Galadhon and Rivendell Camp scenes (no new siege scenes yet)
- added new dead orc props to Hornburg and Minas Tirith siege scenes

BcMO9.jpg

DlvOp.jpg

Zn_FF.jpg

T9wCE.jpg

EtlNI.jpg

NwDnA.jpg

H-VUe.jpg

PBfMH.jpg

wpAJ3.jpg

Mandible said:
I can't say I'm a fan of the walls, but I suppose that would require some new models. All in all, good work!

Caras Galadhon? Well, its wall is described as green. I had some trouble imagining a wall made of green stone, so I went for overgrown / mossy rock instead. I must say I quite like the 'organic' feel it gives. Like if the wall had been carved out of the 'living' rock.

Interesting, I'll have to check the text and see what it actually describes.  I think I would understood a "green wall" as a wall of impenetrable greenery. (so thorny bushes maybe)

Edgar Allan Poe said:
Why, it looks really good! Rivendell camp is just that in the mod, a military camp. Palisades is probably the best option.

I'm nitpicking, but I feel like elves are almost incapable of creating things that are purely utilitarian without an element of beauty to them (similarly to how orcs create many clever things, but nothing of beauty.

I think elvish walls, even palisades, would hold a hint of the elvish hands that built them. More elegant lines, maybe some delicate carving (bored elves waiting for their troop to move out might well take to carving the wall posts just for the fun of it).

This is ENTIRELY up for debate and disagreement, but I might actually be willing to model something if Merlkir (or, >sigh< Mr. Milker) wanted to draw up some ideas and if anyone else cares about it.

I don't have any specific ideas myself, I just didn't feel like the style fit. That's all =)

InVain said:
Caras Galadhon? Well, its wall is described as green. I had some trouble imagining a wall made of green stone, so I went for overgrown / mossy rock instead. I must say I quite like the 'organic' feel it gives. Like if the wall had been carved out of the 'living' rock.

I actually don't have any issues with THAT wall. I think it's cool.

Mandible said:
Edgar Allan Poe said:
Why, it looks really good! Rivendell camp is just that in the mod, a military camp. Palisades is probably the best option.

I'm nitpicking, but I feel like elves are almost incapable of creating things that are purely utilitarian without an element of beauty to them (similarly to how orcs create many clever things, but nothing of beauty.

I think elvish walls, even palisades, would hold a hint of the elvish hands that built them. More elegant lines, maybe some delicate carving (bored elves waiting for their troop to move out might well take to carving the wall posts just for the fun of it).

This is ENTIRELY up for debate and disagreement, but I might actually be willing to model something if Merlkir (or, >sigh< Mr. Milker) wanted to draw up some ideas and if anyone else cares about it.

Yeah, at first I thought elves would just magically grow walls from intertwined trees. But that's more like the Silvan style, not Rivendell. I'd almost expect those guys to have a partially stone-built camp. People forget that elves of old were master masons.
I'll see if I can come up with something.

I actually imagine Rivendell elves to be somewhat pragmatic if need be. (Mirkwood elves even more so.) Why laboriously (and under danger of Goblin attacks) haul in stones if there's more than enough wood in the vicinity and a palisade gets the job done?

But I think I'll experiment a bit with a stone foundation before I start on the siege.

Updated to latest TLD build!

Version 2.1 changelog:
- made compatible with nightly patch and steam version until at least 22nd May 2017
- added TLD's new healers to scenes
- added a new Minas Tirith landmark scene (old one becomes the Pelennor region scene)
- fixed a bug with Minas Morgul collision meshes

mb5.jpg

Just uploaded v. 2.1a, which is simply a compatibility patch for the latest version of TLD.

In case you think I'm lazy, I'm actually in the process of revising all the smallish orc camp scenes for main TLD, in order to make their sieges more interesting. Most of them get small touch-ups, but some others are going to be somewhat reworked. I might post screenshots in the TLD thread later today.

EDIT: Have a look over here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,199243.msg8802035.html#msg8802035

I have to find the time to check all this. Though at this point, I'm not sure what's only in this submod and what has been added to the main mod.

Except for Esgaroth and a reduced version of Dale, none of the scenes mentioned in the first post have been added to the main mod yet. However, I removed Khand camp from the latest version, because I have added a better one directly to the main.
I admit it's confusing. That's why I posted the scenes I made for main TLD over in the other thread.

Yet another compatibility patch is up!

I also uploaded a small addon that turns Minas Tirith's main wall white. It's a bit crude but gets the job done.
Yes, I sold out.  :ohdear:

- made compatible with nightly patch and steam version until at least 20th July 2017 (equivalent to build r2349)
- added new Hornburg landmark scene, fight a battle right outside the Hornburg to see it.
- added an option to have Minas Tirith's main wall white

Preview.jpg

Excellent work InVain!

I had last played TLD years ago, when the scene behind it was mostly dormant, and it was awesome to see it up on the Steam workshop and with a very active modding scene behind it!

I did notice that the maps for Dale and Esgaroth were much better than they were back when I played TLD years ago.

I'd like to install your submod and see the new sieges in Minas Tirith, Pelargir, Hornburg and so on, but from seeing how it is being added to the main mod maybe it would be best to just start my next campaign once it has all been incorporated into the main TLD mod? Warband mods can be unstable at the best of times (the steam TLD hasn't crashed on me once to its credit!) so I am wary of tinkering with files if I can just come back next year and the rest of your awesome improvements will be implemented into the main mod.

Also, out of curiosity, with the steam TLD updating itself automatically, can an automatic update break old save games/ campaigns?

Heya Vespasianus!

I remember you from way back :smile:

We do have plans in incorporating most of InVain's submod into the main TLD branch. Not all will most likely make it, due to some of the scenes breaking the cutscenes. In regards to timeline, InVain is doing a lot of work in the main branch, so only he can  answer when he can port most of his submod's scenes into the main branch.

Also, in regards to the steam update, the team's mandate is to make sure that all save games are compatible (i.e does not crash your game). We have done so continuously. Nevertheless, though your game may not crash, there may be changes that will not occur unless you start a new game. It doesn't prevent you from enjoying the mod, though :smile: 

Lastly, InVain is doing some major balance changes to the main build, and unfortunately, we'd have to break savegame compatibility due to it. We will take this as an opportunity to create some placeholder items, so that we will (hopefully) not need to break compatibility again. This is good news, because I have not being adding new quests to the mod because of save game compatibility. Once we add the placeholders, I can start adding all our planned quests asap!

You can see our plans on our trello board here

Apologies for answering in InVain's behalf  :oops: He'll probably chime in himself.

Hi Vespasianus, thanks for the kind words! And thanks Khamu for answering quicker than I could. :wink:

Generally, I'm not in a hurry to include all or even most of my scenes into the submod. Those I've ported so far were usually because of the siege scene or because the original scene was really lacking (like Dale or Esgaroth). Not all of my scenes fit with the team's aesthetic views, either.

Changes to scenes and scene props are fully savegame compatible and also very unlikely to break anything. If my submod is incompatible with a new steam workshop version, I try to update it as quickly as possible (usually within a few days). So there's nothing keeping you from just trying it out (remember to backup your TLD folder!) and going with it, if you like it.

Back
Top Bottom