SP Fantasy [OSP][WB][Submod] InVain's TLD Scene Pack

Users who are viewing this thread

[OSP][WB][Submod] InVain's TLD Scene Pack

What started as a small personal project, has over the course of the year developed into some kind of overhaul of at present most and maybe eventually every major settlement scene in TLD. The original TLD scenes, while still outstanding, were designed as light as possible to run on even the weakest computers. However, to me, some settlements (especially Dale and Minas Tirith) felt a bit too small, so I started expanding them. Soon, I also modified sieges in order to make them a bit more interesting, challenging and, all in all, meaningful, even more so since sieges are so rare in this mod. Right now, the collection consists of some scenes that are slightly modified, some more heavily changed and then some completely new creations.

Just as TLD, this package is an OSP, so you're free to change, re-upload or incorporate it into other mods. Please give me some credit. :smile:
Keep in mind that you'll need most if not all of the TLD scene props to use these scenes. In the package, I only included those props added or modified by me.

Please be also aware that some scenes are far bigger than their original counterparts. They will all take some time to load and may or may not cause lag on older machines, althoug I tried to skimp on particle effects like smoke. For comparison: I have a low-mid-tier rig with an Intel i5 4570 and a Radeon R9 270X and all scenes run fine.
If you use battle sizer, I recommend reducing the battle size to ~100 for sieges. Not only for performance reasons, but also because I think this gives you a bit more time to enjoy the scene.
Not all sieges are thoroughly tested, so please let me know of any problems you encounter.

Hints
- Some siege scenes (especially Minas Tirith, Hornburg, Dale) offer you different ways of entering the fortress (through the gate, over the walls etc.) Save before the siege attack and take your time figuring out which route works best for you. Pay heed to where your allies need your assistance most or where you can overcome the enemy's resistance more easily. Often, it pays to not charge head over heals into the biggest fight.
- Don't sneak into Moria if you're not able to fight a troll on your own.
- In some scenes, it can be quite hard to find the guildmaster and the traders. Smithes are most easy to spot, just look for weapons. Traders are usually surrounded by boxes, barrels and food. Guildmasters often stand at luxuriously decorated places, have a table and usually book or two nearby. If you still can't find them, open this spoiler:
- Trader: in a small courtyard right next to the main gate
- Smith: on the second level and can be seen from the main street leading up the the castle.
- Guildmaster: in front of the small keep on the second level, on the right side of the main street, if you face the castle.
- Trader: coming from the main gate, to the right, on the square. There are stables nearby.
- Smith: Second level, right side of the main street
- Guildmaster: Ascent to the second level, on the left side, standing on a 'porch'
- Guildmaster: On the main square, next to the castle, standing under a canopy.
- Trader and Smith: Directly next to the main street, can't miss them.

List of scenes

Gondor
Minas Tirith: basically re-done. Looks huge now, but only a small portion is walkable. Much more complex and atmospheric siege scene (expect to die).
GKH1c.jpg

rB1GI.jpg

PW7FU.jpg

y4py6.jpg

88GJj.jpg

xMYda.jpg

wSPVE.jpg

ho-3l.jpg

Pelennor Fields: own creation, still needs some crop fields
p_0Xk.jpg

7mCkx.jpg

068Jo.jpg

Vz0dF.jpg

Pelargir: vastly expanded, new siege scene, needs some more details
TJwHS.jpg

KYKWv.jpg

ewqN3.jpg

FM8i1.jpg

0DqN_.jpg

West Osgiliath: expanded, changed siege a bit.

Cair Andros: Recreation, kept some features
txGOv.jpg

QMNL4.jpg

Dol Amroth: recreated, but kept original concept
ieksN.jpg

MYxHi.jpg

Edhellond, Lossarnach, Calembel: minor changes in siege scenes

Rohan
Hornburg: recreated; new and complex siege scene
g3od8.jpg

u6gEs.jpg

M0_BU.jpg

mPCYz.jpg

PtDWW.jpg

jEwAT.jpg

z7git.jpg

Kbwvt.jpg

Isengard
Isengard: recreated, expanded
vAfzq.jpg

Zb2w0.jpg

RbqtU.jpg

TSmv_.jpg

xa4fM.jpg

6VKkq.jpg
NU29-.jpg

YHRGu.jpg

e9sdG.jpg

GLj6h.jpg

-a1di.jpg

Nan Curunir: slightly changed

Mordor
Morannon: slightly expanded, adjusted siege scene

The Towers of the Teeth

Minas Morgul: new creation

The moon-flowers

Where might these stairs lead?

The city of the wraiths

night shot

East Osgiliath: expanded, changed siege a bit.

Southern evil factions
Umbar Camp: expanded, all new sea battle siege scene (NOW PART OF TLD MAIN MOD!)
UEWVc.jpg

IX-VG.jpg

gewl1.jpg

C4NEK.jpg

PPZMr.jpg

2t93x.jpg

a-AoW.jpg

gXDrX.jpg
[/spoiler]

Northern evil factions
Dol Guldur: new creation (NOW PART OF TLD MAIN MOD!)
Approach through the haunted woods

the gate

Moria and Gundabad: Slightly changed to make siege more interesting.

Northern good factions
Thranduils Halls: slightly expanded

Caras Galadhon: new scene, no new siege scene yet
EtlNI.jpg

NwDnA.jpg

H-VUe.jpg

PBfMH.jpg

wpAJ3.jpg

Rivendell Camp: new scene, no new siege scene yet
BcMO9.jpg

DlvOp.jpg

Zn_FF.jpg

T9wCE.jpg

Erebor: heavily expanded
ocNQI.jpg

rOQkT.jpg

QNm2O.jpg

HrImQ.jpg

kSTUB.jpg

51cF2.jpg

Gates of Erebor / Erebor siege: new creation
pfucm.jpg

c5zyv.jpg

cFEUP.jpg

dDG2C.jpg

X-OJb.jpg

DeOzM.jpg

Dale: new creation (A reduced version is NOW PART OF TLD MAIN MOD!)
txDDX.jpg

oOUA6.jpg

U22-1.jpg

q3HuG.jpg

5Lk1S.jpg

Esgaroth: new creation (NOW PART OF TLD MAIN MOD!)
2eCZd.jpg

xbwpw.jpg

nWPpu.jpg

K9Nsf.jpg

USOgh.jpg

cIr_q.jpg

Credits
The original and current TLD team
for creating and keeping alive this great mod. This OSP is also meant as a tribute to you. TLD for M&B .808 was my reason to buy this game in the first place.
Gutekfiutek for some textures I recklessly stole from his great Polished Buildings pack
Ruthven for some water particle effects which I did not yet manage to get to work properly |-)
Crusaders Way to Expiation Mod: some meshes
Slawomir of Aaarrghh: OSP Map Icons Pack

Installation

Make sure to install this submod last
, i.e. install the latest (compatible) nightly patch and/or Snouz' TLD Warband Asset pack before this mod! Otherwise the scenes might not look as intended.

Unpack the package into your TLD folder (create a backup first!), allow to overwrite.

Click here for more detailed installation instructions.

Changelog

- made compatible with steam version from 30th Sept 2017 (equivalent to build r2404)
- adjusted all siege scenes to work with TLD's new expanded siege AI
- made cutscenes work again
- included Lossarnach siege hotfix
- reduced fire in Minas Tirith and Dale siege scenes to improve fps
- tidied up the file structure, so we don't need a custom module.ini anymore! This should make it fully compatible with Snouz' TLD Warband Asset Pack
- removed Dol Guldur, Corsair Camp and Gundabad scenes because they're part of TLD now.

- made compatible with nightly patch and steam version until at least 20th July 2017 (equivalent to build r2349)
- added new Hornburg landmark scene, fight a battle right outside the Horndburg to see it.
- added an option to have Minas Tirith's main wall white

Version 2.1 changelog:
- made compatible with nightly patch and steam version until at least 22nd May 2017
- added TLD's new healers to scenes
- added a new Minas Tirith landmark scene (old one becomes the Pelennor region scene)
- fixed a bug with Minas Morgul collision meshes

- added Caras Galadhon and Rivendell Camp scenes (no new siege scenes yet)
- added new dead orc props to Hornburg and Minas Tirith siege scenes

- made compatible with nightly patch and steam version until at least 24th April 2017
- fixed outer terrain for Pelennor Fields
- added some CWE flora to Gondor scenes
- randomized animation timings of prop-spawned troops so they don't move like Peter Jackson's elves.

- made compatible with nightly patch and steam version until at least 4th April 2017
- fixed outer terrains for some scenes
- minor changes to some scenes you won't even notice

- made compatible with newest nightly patch and steam version (v3.5)
- fixed material issue with Dale walls (temporary until the fix is committed to the main build)

- made compatible with newest nightly
- new Umbar Camp and Umbar Camp siege scene
- added new ships to Dol Amroth, Esgaroth, Dale scenes
- Esgaroth walkable area slightly bigger to make room for alle the town walkers
- added some rural details to landscape of minas_tirith_center and minas_tirith_top scenes
- yet again (and hopefully finally) fixed Pelennor fields AI mesh
- added some new cupolas for Dale
- fixed material issue with mountains and add swyters strange mountain fix
- added lod to dale fake buildings

- added details to Pelargir, Pelennor Fields and Khand Camp. And some of Temuzu's great waterfall effects to Dale. Those scenes now look much more lively.
- added lods to Gondor fake buildings. I think they're barely noticeable, but tell me if you find them annoying so I can make them optional.
- somehow fixed the water prop
- fixed terrain code for scn_starting_quest (don't know how I messed that up)

- added Hornburg siege
- added substitutes for Dale cupolas and buildings.
- some small changes to Dol Amroth siege for better AI
- fixed a texture bug on mountain props

- made compatible to newer TLD versions (summer 2016 and onwards had some new quest related scenes and scene props)
- adjusted suspicious man / orc spawn points
- fixed some texture errors for laketown buildings
- adjusted height of the Orthanc for lore friendliness
- slightly changed MT's outer wall to look even more intimidating
- added lods to some MT buildings
- added a gate aggravator spawn point to MT siege
- used smoke stain props to simulate blackness of distand gorges in Helms Deep and Minas Morgul
- added barrier props to Erebor so players won't fall through the rock

Download

Last edited:
Great! You should open a thread in the Steam Workshop page for TLD

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/discussions/299974223

These are really cool. I'll have to test how much of a performance hit they are, and if the sieges work properly. (and perhaps if they work better than the default ones)
Expansive scenes are great, but we've learnt hard enough that players need the important bits in one places, so the settlements are not a pain in the ass to use regularly. (not just to explore)

Mr.Milker said:
a pain in the ass to use regularly.

:oops: I might be slightly guilty of that, yes.
However, ususally the walkable area is rather small in most scenes and the only settlements that have the traders and the major apart from each other are (I think) MT, MM and Dale.

Some sieges are a bit experimental, so I'm really dependent on feedback, here. My own preferences might be a bit off.

SixRibbons said:
Does "no new siege scene" means they cant be besieged?

It just means that there's still the original TLD siege scene. Adding a Hornburg siege will be the first thing I do when I come back home, next year.

Excellent work, especially flooded Isengard. Flooded... :shock: ?! I didn't even know that  it is possible. Can someone explain me how to flood Isengard? :smile: I know how it was in the Book: Ents and so on; but what about TLD?

Today, I realised that I forgot to place the suspicious man spawn points. So in some scenes, the man could be spawned in inaccessible terrain. Will be fixed in the next version.

Swyter said:
Pretty neat! I have pinned your thread in the Workshop so that it stays at the top.
Great! Thank you!

Sirg said:
Excellent work, especially flooded Isengard. Flooded... :shock: ?! I didn't even know that  it is possible. Can someone explain me how to flood Isengard? :smile: I know how it was in the Book: Ents and so on; but what about TLD?
If I'm not mistaken, you can visit the flooded Isengard after Isengard (the faction) gets destroyed, as the settlement itself is not siegeable. I didn't test it, though.

In Vain said:
If I'm not mistaken, you can visit the flooded Isengard after Isengard (the faction) gets destroyed,
Oh no, I haven't blamed you in mistake:smile: I just thought, that there was another way to destroy Isengard: with the help of the Ents or something like this.

Great work, looks very nice.
But there are some scene props meshes missing in the Brf files, such as almost all dale cupola meshes except dale_cupola_3  and some more meshes. Also some of the scene_props are located at some ood positions, like in dale, where one of the dale_plaza scene props  is blocking the passage behind one of the bridges above the water and another is  floating a few meters above the ground next to the main gate and some texture bugs on some buildings in general.
Also there are many more glitches like in Erebor where you can walk outside the walls at cetain places and see the sky outside.
Again these new scenes look beautiful, even better than the original scenes of the mod, but they're not completely finished as it seems and quite glitchy at some points.

Check the OP, Dale still misses some meshes because they're not OSP.  :wink: (That's the reason why I didn't embed the pictures but only linked them.)
Your description rather sounds like a wrong terrain code to me. Could you please provide a screenshot? However, I won't be able to do anything about it until I get back to my computer in mid-January.

For Erebor, I had to disable parts of the collision mesh and didn't bother to substitute it with barrier props. Because I didn't expect players to notice. Will do so for the next update.

Version 1.1 is up!

Mainly a bugfix release, but also features some small aesthetic changes:

Changelog:

- made compatible to newer TLD versions (summer 2016 and onwards had some new quest related scenes and scene props)
- adjusted suspicious man / orc spawn points
- fixed some texture errors for laketown buildings
- adjusted height of the Orthanc for lore friendliness
- slightly changed MT's outer wall to look even more intimidating
- added lods to some MT buildings
- added a gate aggravator spawn point to MT siege
- used smoke stain props to simulate blackness of distant gorges in Helms Deep and Minas Morgul
- added barrier props to Erebor so players won't fall through the rock

Back
Top Bottom