OSP: The Open Source Project

Users who are viewing this thread

widde said:
Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:
Black models, hmmm... Did you put the textures to the right folder? I'll bet you didn't. :razz: Or you don't have "scan_module_textures = 1" in your "module.ini" file.
i havent added them in-game yet. they appear black when i view them in brfedit.
the weird part is that not all of them are black, some of them work just fine except i need to rotate them(btw,is there a way to rotate all of them at the same time?).
so if the problem had been what you mentioned wouldnt all of them be black?

Have you put the downloaded textures in your mod's texture folder and the .dds file in the "resource" folder? That should solve the blackicity.

Anyway, THANKS to all the osp-makers!

Odd.. quite a lot of horses and armors I put in the items_py and then giving to myself in cheatmode don't appear, and I'm given a rgl error.

Some of the armors work, though, and I added them the same way as I added those that didn't work.  :???:

why does some items appers green-ish when viewing them in brfedit? and more importantly, will they have that green in-game?

also wondering how diffiucult it would be to import all the resources from different .brf files into one?
i wanna import all the items i add from the osp packs into one new .brf and remove it from the old one so that i can keep track of what iv'e added and not.
will i only have to import the mesh to the new .brf or would i have to import textures also? or does that happen automatically?

Now, you have to import the materials and textures, too.

And no, that green won't appear in game.

FrisianDude said:
Odd.. quite a lot of horses and armors I put in the items_py and then giving to myself in cheatmode don't appear, and I'm given a rgl error.

Some of the armors work, though, and I added them the same way as I added those that didn't work.  :???:

You might want to check the names of the meshes that you used for those items. They are case sensitive. For instance, if in the .BRF, the horse's mesh name is BloodMist, but in module_items, you put "bloodmist" for the mesh name, you're going to get an error.

These OSP's are a blessing to taleworlds! maw's armour and Talek's weapons were particularly awesome.

Now I am just waiting for a gunpowder-OSP to come out... Wishful thinking eh?

Servitor said:
Now I am just waiting for a gunpowder-OSP to come out... Wishful thinking eh?
Dunno... :wink:

I'm not sure where all the current fire-arms came from, but I believe Yoshi's Pirate mod went open-source after .808. You could always cannibalize that and put a pack together.

Keedo420 said:
You might want to check the names of the meshes that you used for those items. They are case sensitive. For instance, if in the .BRF, the horse's mesh name is BloodMist, but in module_items, you put "bloodmist" for the mesh name, you're going to get an error.

Yeah, that was usually the problem.  :lol:

Heya. Im not sure if you only want original models for the OSP packs? Basically my whole mod is free to use, but it is mostly just textures. If textures are of any interest to you i could set up a brf with the stuff that i think is good enough.

I made a new OSP pack with woad skins textures:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,56057.0.html

Enjoy!

PS: Llew 2, could you add my submission to the list?

http://files.filefront.com/OSP+Knightsrar/;13132516;/fileinfo.html

Here we go. Mostly "knightly" stuff. Surcoats, horses, lances and helmets. Contains a .brf and textures.

Hi guys,

Great work on this! Very nice resource for the modding community.

Having just joined said community myself, I have a question. I'm a bit stumped on how to get single items from your packs and reuse them.

I've successfully taken a sword out of the OSP Weapons pack, exported it with BFR, rotated it and put it in my module, so I'm apparently not a complete dimwit but I'm stuck when it comes to doing the same with armor. I think I just don't really understand the basics of the way things work.

Take this example. I'm trying to take the legionnaire_helmet_mesh from your helmet comp and put it into my game, but I don't want to add the whole pack to the mod for obvious reasons.

So I extract the mesh file (legionnaire_helmet_mesh.obj) and import it into a new .brf file, called helmets.brf which is going to live in my Resources folder. Now I copy the .dds file that goes with it, legionnaire_helmet.dds to the Textures file.

If I open the helmets.brf file in BRF, all I see is the black model. The material doesn't show up, neither do all the shaders, etc. Is this information not stored when the item is exported? I find it hard to believe you would have to remake the whole thing every time you want to add an object to a new brf.

I do have BRF set up properly, so it knows where my MNB is and which mod I'm working on.

If someone could point me in the right direction I'd be much obliged.

[Edit]
oh sweet irony. I spent over an hour searching for a thread on the forum that would tell me what to do and of course shortly after I finally decide to post a request for help, I find a thread that tells me what to do :smile:

If anyone finds a similar problem, you can import items directly from another brf file. so you don't have to export first.
Just open a new file, go to import, select the source file and then select the mesh AND the material AND the texture (if applicable) and you'll be find. If it still turns up as black, make sure you're loading the right resources for BRF.

Thanks to myself :wink:
[/Edit]

MartinF said:
If anyone finds a similar problem, you can import items directly from another brf file. so you don't have to export first.
Just open a new file, go to import, select the source file and then select the mesh AND the material AND the texture (if applicable) and you'll be find. If it still turns up as black, make sure you're loading the right resources for BRF.
Woah, I never even knew that. (So much for being a vet, eh?)  Way cool.  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom