OSP 2D Art Minimalist HUD - New crosshairs

Users who are viewing this thread

Simple texture replacer to change the default M&B hud, either removing the border on the health bar, or removing it all together, as well as the option to remove the shield health icon. I recommend either "No health bar, no shield" or "Borderless health bar, no shield".

On mbrepository.

Updated, New crosshairs,
Native:
Normalcrosshair.jpg

Smaller Crosshairs:
Small3.jpg

Dot Crosshairs:
Dot3.jpg

They're a little hard to see here, but they're fine ingame, my personal preference.

Native:
mb3.jpg

Borderless health bar:
mb1.jpg

Borderless health bar, no shield:
mb4.jpg

No health bar, no shield:
mb2.jpg

Borderless health bar, Critical shield:
mb6.jpg

The "critical shield" option shows the shield icon only when it's under 20% health.

I'm working on a smaller crosshair at the moment and possibly a smaller less noticeable shield icon.

Kudos to HokieBT for pointing me to the right files.
Credit goes to Pnakotus for the critical shield idea.

If anyone has any other ideas for new crosshairs I'll be happy to have a shot at them.

Nice work moss i was wondering if you could generate a bigger hud like remaining troops who's vs who like a fps hud if not thanks for the work anyway

Thanks.
Sorry, but that kind of stuff is way out of my league. That would require actual coding, which is something I'm not even vaguely competent with. Same reason I couldn't get rid of the arrows. Although those options might be possible for someone who actually knows what they're doing.

Ah well at least I tried but someone might get there one day but what about a kinda message box that holds all the annoying death,damage,exp messages like on mmorpgs

I only have em on to see how each troop works against each other so far a watchman raped a  hired blade it was only 1v1 that's just sad.

Moss said:
Thanks.
Sorry, but that kind of stuff is way out of my league. That would require actual coding, which is something I'm not even vaguely competent with. Same reason I couldn't get rid of the arrows. Although those options might be possible for someone who actually knows what they're doing.
What arrows? Ammunition you mean?

Yeah, they don't seem to be in a texture file. I'm thinking the icons may be, though I didn't find them at first glance, but the actual ammo count appears to be coded.

Telapicus said:
Ah well at least I tried but someone might get there one day but what about a kinda message box that holds all the annoying death,damage,exp messages like on mmorpgs

I don't get it.  At least you tried... what?  Tried asking someone to do something for you?  Wow, what a titanic effort!  :grin:

Moss, this is awesome.  The UI is one of the least polished areas of the game at this point, and removing as much of that as possible is cool.  As a suggestion, is it possible to leave the 'nearly dead' shield image in, so that there's no shield hud image but a warning that shows when the shield is about to break?  I don't use shields enough to have a 'sense' for how much damage the widely-varying types of shields can take.  Replacing it with something else (smaller, or less glaring, or even a tiny indicator near the reticle that appears) would be actually modern, but I have no idea how you'd do such a thing.

Ah, so make every shield icon transparent except for the last one? Good idea, but its really a matter of preference for some people.

Sure, not a problem, that's actually a very good idea. I'll have it up tomorrow sometime. I was thinking of doing an alternate smaller icon for the shield, there's five different icons, so I could probably knock up a kind of rough shield health "health bar", or maybe five small icons that disappear one by one.

I was also thinking of throwing together a smaller crosshair. Either just slimming down the existing ones, or replacing them with a single strait line instead. Although I'm not sure what colour would be best (I can imagine white might be a little annoying for snow).

Vilhjalmr said:
Alternatively you can press "H" while in edit mode, then leave edit mode. :wink:
I knew someone was going to say that! :razz:
Well yeah, if you have edit mode enabled. Most people don't, and it was a quick five minute job anyway. Not to mention that "H" just removes the HUD entirely, I quite like the look of the smaller health bar, it just stands out a lot less. And there are some parts of the HUD which are actually pretty useful to keep around.

That looks cool! It adds to your fear of getting killed too 'cause you're like "Pft I still got half a bar of health so I'll just charge in." but with this you're more careful and more realistic in how you go into battle.  :grin:

Now if there were only voices to go with troop commands, it'd be complete!

Telapicus said:

I know how to make the text smaller, though it makes all the text in the game smaller.  Go to Mount&Blade>Data> and open Font_data.xml.  Change the font_size= to 115 or so (at least that is what works for me, your mileage may vary).  It noticeably decreases the size of the combat spam, makes more armies visible, and doesn't negatively impact the text on the various bars on the travel map screen.

How are you suppose to change the cross-hairs do all of the files have a different version help me out here i only want the 2nd smaller crosshair.

Back
Top Bottom