[OSP] MP COOP campaign "engine" V0.2 gamma (1.10.2013)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For battle support it seems to run using similar code to Battle time yes? is there any aspirations to work around this in the future so we don't have to hit escape-> save and exit-> multiplayer->join server-> server that handles the battles. I just think it would be awesome if we could join mid battle like AI reinforcements when AI from the same faction join the fight midway through. Also will it be possible to fight over two different locations at the same time, ie my friend is taking the castle and I am raiding the fief? Just ideas and questions. Work looks great so far :smile:

So this battle system, what do you actually meant by "you can only choose items that you own"?

Will we have like the whole items of the game on screen and we will need to find the stuff we own? A screenshot or an explanation would be great :smile:

Anani said:
So this battle system, what do you actually meant by "you can only choose items that you own"?

Will we have like the whole items of the game on screen and we will need to find the stuff we own? A screenshot or an explanation would be great :smile:

I mean that the items selection and stuffs are done, and ingame you will only see your items, and you will choose from them (the selection menu is the same as in native multiplayer).

Metalfist said:
Content includes development information.

Well you certainly have an interesting view point then. The currently released information has already been discussed, the thread was falling off the front couple of pages, so I doubt the author complains that I put it back on the front.

Or, stop telling me what to do, not breaking any forum rules. I highly doubt asking if there's any new info will lead to a 'hostage situation'.

Look back through the history of other mod threads and you will see what I mean. My point is that there will be more content when the devs reveal it themselves than if you ask now and get a brief update. Bigger the better.

This might not be helpful at all, but you should consider taking a look at the coding for "Battle time". It may or may not help with stability between players, both on the world map and in battles. I'm especially excited to see how battles will happen, for example how this might work if one player goes into a battle and another doesnt. (I imagine going to fight a looter pack, and then dozens of outlaws coming in wave after wave as they reach your party on the world map. Please, do not implement PvP, at least not yet. It would be a nightmare for other players to be able to join in on the opposing side during your battles.

Yukisuna said:
This might not be helpful at all, but you should consider taking a look at the coding for "Battle time". It may or may not help with stability between players, both on the world map and in battles. I'm especially excited to see how battles will happen, for example how this might work if one player goes into a battle and another doesnt. (I imagine going to fight a looter pack, and then dozens of outlaws coming in wave after wave as they reach your party on the world map. Please, do not implement PvP, at least not yet. It would be a nightmare for other players to be able to join in on the opposing side during your battles.

Yeah, real time battles would make the early game a complete pain. I think the best solutions to a real time battle would be:

1: Implement Freelancer style joining a lord, which makes early game easier
2: Send out patrols that can effectively fight one or two parties of outlaws

That way you could either fight them and get reinforcements or get screwed over, but you can always retreat if too many join. Would make it... interesting. I agree with co-op focus, but it's designed for LAN play, your friends really shouldn't be trying to ruin the game for you.

Arcaian said:
Yeah, real time battles would make the early game a complete pain. I think the best solutions to a real time battle would be:

That way you could either fight them and get reinforcements or get screwed over, but you can always retreat if too many join. Would make it... interesting. I agree with co-op focus, but it's designed for LAN play, your friends really shouldn't be trying to ruin the game for you.

This is my thoughts exactly as well, one player staying on lookout for the others while they fight. This would be fairly awesome considering realism, and i for one would not have any problems with fighting waves of looters or sea raiders. Forest bandits and Desert raiders on the other hand... But either way, i hope this will work out. It's been my (and probably most other coop enthusiast's) greatest M&B-dream since the first time i played the original. It is, in fact, not only the last but also most impactful feature the present Warband lacks, considering all the mods already in existence.

Off Topic; I hope some of the more outstanding modders of "our time" will manage to use Bannerlord's new module system to create a fully functioning version of this.

Yukisuna said:
Arcaian said:

This is my thoughts exactly as well, one player staying on lookout for the others while they fight. This would be fairly awesome considering realism, and i for one would not have any problems with fighting waves of looters or sea raiders. Forest bandits and Desert raiders on the other hand... But either way, i hope this will work out. It's been my (and probably most other coop enthusiast's) greatest M&B-dream since the first time i played the original. It is, in fact, not only the last but also most impactful feature the present Warband lacks, considering all the mods already in existence.

Off Topic; I hope some of the more outstanding modders of "our time" will manage to use Bannerlord's new module system to create a fully functioning version of this.
Or TW could just implement it in the first place... I'm hoping they improve more than just the graphics and stuff.

9jakub9 said:
It logs me out every few minutes or when i enter a new area, any solutions?

wait for next release(of course there are answer to what you said, but i am too tired to explain everything...the next update will come with proper informations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom