[OSP][Item] [Prop]Sibylla Pack Unfinished + Byzantine houses test

Users who are viewing this thread

byztex5.jpg

byztex4.jpg
yes as soon as I think they're ready to be released, and yes they have bumps even too much bumps, :smile: it needs some retouches:
mb83.jpg

mb84.jpg

mb85.jpg

mb86.jpg

mb86.jpg

Sweet!

And, I see.  Could tone down a bit on them.  :wink:

Also, maybe it's just because of the tiling, but does it have mips? 

no not unless I checked the auto generate mipmaps without realizing it , here I've redone the bumps and this is how it looks in 3dsmax:
byztex6.jpg

also some new vik houses that still need some work:
vik1-1.jpg

vik2-1.jpg

vik3-1.jpg

vik4-1.jpg

Thank you all!!

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Hm, I preferred the Byzantine houses with the red tiled roofs, but maybe that's just me.
I'll keep both red and green roofs then :smile:
redroof.jpg

Adorno said:
Oh that Viking house is a beauty! Hope you find a good thatched roof texture (if that's the intention).
yes that's my intention but I'm having trouble finding a descent one :s

and finally here's a viking hall or whatever it's called (( I can't seem to remember...)) inspired from the "Outlander" movie:
SimonNorthwood-Outlander2.jpg

vikhall1.jpg

vikhall2.jpg

vikhall3.jpg

Maybe a bigger red roof texture? 

Looks kind of repetitive.  Other then that, fantastic job!  Especially since that time period and era has such different structures from M&B , it's tough to make a Eastern Roman city. 

Dennis The Great said:
I can look up some viking houses if you want :smile:
yes,  thank you.

Bolkonsky said:
I'll try to find a better texture ((my painting skills suck especially with a mouse!!))

... a~nd some progress on the viking hall:
vikhall4.jpg

vikhall5.jpg

vikhall6.jpg

vikhall7.jpg

vikhall9.jpg

still haven't done the back due to lack of pictures of the hall from the back, so any suggestions as to how I should proceed?? :smile:
vikhall8.jpg

You could try for something like the front, only with no door. Or you can add the timber frame of the roof and the side, and then add two vertical support beams in the middle but spaced out about the same as the two inner pillars in the front. Maybe even add a horizontal support in the middle, but care should be taken to avoid an overly 'grid' pattern.

These are some very nice models. I would like to see them in a mod in the  future. Unfortunately, I didn`t see any download link, save those on the first page, but I doubt all these model would fit in a 7 MB file.

So, there is any way to get them?

Sibylla said:
Dennis The Great said:
I can look up some viking houses if you want :smile:
yes,  thank you.

Bolkonsky said:
I'll try to find a better texture ((my painting skills suck especially with a mouse!!))

... a~nd some progress on the viking hall:
vikhall4.jpg

vikhall5.jpg

vikhall6.jpg

vikhall7.jpg

vikhall9.jpg

still haven't done the back due to lack of pictures of the hall from the back, so any suggestions as to how I should proceed?? :smile:
vikhall8.jpg

What 3d Modelling Program are you using?

sorry for being so late it's just that I'm a 4th year at university and don't have enough time...
as for the tool I'm using, it's Maya 2010 but I also use 3dsmax 2010 and google sketchup.

I made some varieties of the Viking Hall, which one do you think is better???
hall.jpg

OMG YOU'RE BACK!  :eek:

Anyways, the third one is the best, in my opinion.  The first one looks too royal, the second one's too plain, the third one's just right. 

Back
Top Bottom