Users who are viewing this thread

Ishapar

Regular
I am not sure if this is the place to ask, so please correct me.

With the closing of the mbrepository,, I cannot download the rar file for the OSP hairs. I have tried to use the Wayback machine, and while I was able to download some other older files, I could not access the page that originally had the file download for the OSP hairs. There is a link on nexasmods that should have the file here: https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/2748?tab=files&file_id=2085. However, each time I try to download the file, I get a JSON error page instead of the download. I am not sure if the problem is on my end of the internet or if the file on that site is corrupted. I would really like to use the hair models in that mod for my game as I do like some of the styles, but I can't seem to be able to access the file anywhere online. Does anyone have the OSP hairs for Mound and Blade that they would be willing to share? Again I am sorry if this isn't the place to ask this question or if this question isn't allowed on the forum, but I really did like those hair models for my mod. Had I known mbrepository was going to shutdown, I would have downloaded them earlier. Can anyone else get the download to work on the nexasmod page?

or if the file on that site is corrupted
Probably this. You may try your luck contacting Nexus about it, but your attempt may be in vain.
Had I known mbrepository was going to shutdown, I would have downloaded them earlier
Same applies to many others.
Again I am sorry if this isn't the place to ask this question or if this question isn't allowed on the forum
It is all fine and alright.

Yes, it is a shame the repository was shut down. I used that site a lot to download certain models for armor and weapons., especially the older files. I have gone on and off with trying to mod Warband, but I have a tendency to delete everything off my drive and start over again. I just didn't realize that servers like the repository would just randomly shutdown (I really don't understand much about the internet). Best of wishes to people who will try to reupload some older mods and models.

I am pretty sure the Nexas file is corrupt as I just tried again today. I'm assuming that is a bust. On the good side, I think I was able to find some of the same hair models in the Floris mod. I'm just clueless how to get those models into another mod. Before with the hair models, I had to edit both the module text and skins text files, but I am not sure how to edit the skin text files if I don't have the name of the hair models needed. Guess it is something I could try to experiment with. If I was ever to get the hair models working again, is there a place that I could maybe upload the hair models again? Would Nexus work since that is where most of the resources seem to be going now?

True. I feel really awkward though. I was able to find the hair models and place them in a new brf for usage...well, a couple minutes late of exploring with wayback machine and I ended up finding the original OSP Hair mod. I have the file now for preserving it, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to upload to either Nexus or Moddb unless one of the moderators here want to do it.

Back
Top Bottom