[OSP][Code] Advanced Formations -- Updated header_mission_templates.py

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advanced Formations was a feature added shortly after WFAS was released. By enabling "use_advanced_formation = 1" in module.ini and following these instructions, it is possible to use commands such as "form 5 ranks" and "left platoon, fire". But you knew that already.

However, these weren't added to header_mission_templates.py for some reason, so they could only be activated via the interface, and not by scripts or triggers. Not ideal. About 10 minutes ago I realized I could set up a trigger that printed the ID of the order to the game log, allowing me to put them in header_mission_templates.py at my leisure.

Simply place these into header_mission_templates.py, and you'll be able to use them just like any other mordr_* or wordr_*. For example, a ripple fire effect could be achieved for the AI by timing these in a trigger. Or a column bayonet charge by combining wordr_use_melee_weapons and mordr_form_5_ranks.
Code:
#jacobhinds Advanced Formations BEGIN
mordr_fire_at_my_command	= 17
mordr_fire_now			= 18
mordr_fire_left			= 19
mordr_fire_middle		= 20
mordr_fire_right		= 21

mordr_form_1_rank 		= 22
mordr_form_1_ranks 		= 22
mordr_form_2_ranks 		= 23
mordr_form_3_ranks 		= 24
mordr_form_4_ranks 		= 25
mordr_form_5_ranks 		= 26

wordr_use_blunt_weapons	= 9
wordr_use_any_weapons	= 10
wordr_use_melee_weapons	= 15
wordr_use_ranged_weapons	= 16
#jacobhinds Advanced Formations END

(Those more talented than me, N.B: This possibly isn't exhaustive and I haven't checked for any potential hidden/deprecated commands.)

Not sure what version of module system you have, but those flags are definitely present in official module system since 1.153 at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom