OSP Oriental 3D Art Update to Indo-Persian Armory

Users who are viewing this thread

dariel

Sergeant Knight at Arms
(EDIT: link updated)

Hi all, I've updated my offering of Indo-Persian weapons, shields and armor. You can find the new file here https://www.moddb.com/games/mount-blade-warband/addons/age-of-tigers-indo-persian-osp-pack

The pack now includes:
  • 97 Indo-Persian armors (mail, mail and plate, padded, and lamellar)
  • 160 Indo-Persian helmets (with a few turbans and Portuguese cabassets in the mix)
  • 90 Indo-Persian shields
  • tulwars and shamshirs
  • khandas
  • sosun pattas
  • tabars
  • bullovas (those crazy mustache-blade axes!)
  • gadas and other maces
  • zaghnals
  • bhuj
  • katars, khanjar, kard, chilanum daggers - used for court wear
  • 7 Indo-Persian and Afghan muskets
  • 3 adarga shields (for the Portuguese)
  • 10 Renaissance style hats
  • 5 Renaissance style doublets
  • map icons for 2 styles of Indian city
  • gazelle, chital deer and nilgai meshes
As much as possible I used the Indian names for the weapons and armor, and based most models/textures on photographs of historical items and museum replicas. However, I can't guarantee historical accuracy for all of them, particularly the South Indian stuff. For those, since pictorial references were really scant, I resorted to basing some models off statues and Indian movies :smile:

Previews:

4093a795e09508f3d9bd4c006e47d7f2.jpg

4a8d8b1369c97dc9b2703fa56e14ca64.jpg

6b5f971489d7100ba1d5166502e3f8cc.jpg

6223793680e30ced6f4edad6e66372b5.jpg

755e039fb40dba81d08487595bca9dc3.jpg

0398f04a7a297eacd5809b47f630e3e4.jpg

00af27a335a52632669dcb20199c461a.jpg

d23ba4ecd48e4dffa5154de61d534230.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! Thank you for your amazing work over the years! Not only models of less explored civilizations, but a lot of them, too.
EDIT: Also, it gladdens me that you used the MBRepository. I have a fondness for this site and for its relative clarity and efficiency in organizing mod content.

Hello, I have tried to include some of your equipments in my mod but I encountered some issues :
- Helmets - they do not appear on the head of the character , but at his feet
- Mailed armors with the belt = some belts appear in plain white. It's not a big deal but i think this is not what is wanted
It's ok for others stuffs like most of the armors and weapons, only the helmets experience this issue.
I'm on Warband , v 1.174
Do you know this kind of issue and how to resolve it ?

By the way thank you for your content, I use your equipments (for now, essentially armors) for my asian troopers and the result is very good. Thanks a lot :smile:

- Helmets - they do not appear on the head of the character , but at his feet
Check if they are rigged or not (you can see at openBRF if you can play an animation or not, if yes, it's rigged). If it is rigged, set the flag itp_attach_armature
- Mailed armors with the belt = some belts appear in plain white. It's not a big deal but i think this is not what is wanted
Do you have a screenshot here of in-game and in OpenBRF?

Material and Mesh are in the same brf file, but the texture is elsewhere. Maybe it's because of that ?

The belts require the material/texture to be either in the same BRF file as the armor, or in a BRF file that is loaded first in module.ini. You should import into the BRF of the mail armors all the materials kamarbund_* and their textures, these are in the bfh_all_costumes.brf file.

If you're also using the costumes, though, you can just edit your module.ini file to load the bfh_all_costumes file before the mail armors.

OK thank you, indeed, that worked ! During my tests, I have tried to use older versions of your equipments so the meshes/resources are a bit messy now, maybe I have made the situation worse by myself and mistake. I will clean it and be sure that everything is in place.

Back
Top Bottom