Orion closes dissatisfaction survey -- proving the fragility and inability of the developer team

Users who are viewing this thread

So you think a derailment means any post you don't like to see? I'm curious that which of my posts in the thread would be considered as a "derailment", please show me. I was surprised and checked my posts in the thread to be sure one by one and I think I'm gonna have a fun time. Waiting for your response.
You don't think steering the discussion of your thread from "devs need to pay attention to common complaints" and onto "big meanie mod doesn't like me" is staying on topic? It wasn't you that initiated that second tangent, but you responded to and perpetuated it.

For the sake of transparency, the only person I have issued a warning to for anything related to this thread or discussion was NewBritish for ignoring a warning about making threads to pointlessly attack employees. By my own estimation, I make a terrible tyrant if I can't even crack down on criticism of myself!

Everyone is welcome to criticize forum moderation, and I personally think you should at any time you think a mod has overstepped their bounds, but doing it in whatever thread you want will inevitably kill discussion of the original topic in those threads. That's why this thread, which is clearly about dissatisfaction with mods, remains open but was moved to the correct section.

You're upset your thread was closed, but your thread stopped being about what it was made for on the first page, and by the second page it had switched again. This is indisputable, and it's honestly laughable that you tried to argue this because you yourself reported the first derailment. Now you are choosing not to view your subsequent posts with a critical eye to see how you participated in the same behavior you reported.

Very sad seeing as if I were to say those same words to someone else here, I would be in violation of the rules. Seems like there is a double standard. Mods should stop arguing with people they lord power over, that does more to create a "toxic ambiance" than anything we could ever do.
I am also a human being, not a robot, and I get to participate on the forum the same as you. I'm not compelled by any contract to play nice or keep my opinions to myself. I am expected to keep my behavior within the rules and, as a moderator, to keep others within them as well. If you choose to say something that is obviously false and ignorant of all evidence, including the content of the thread in which it is said, then expect to be called out for your nonsense.

Last edited:
Aside from everything already said, you don't seem to understand the basic idea of explaining changes to the community, especially when they are drastic. Taleworlds always goes about how they love their community blablablabla but when it comes to decisions like this, they don't explain it. While they are perfectly capable of doing it for unit balance changes, as NIN did recently.
how is removing a death counter drastic?

Because score and player performance is one of the essential things in almost all video games.

If you don't show the score at all, you don't know if you're doing well and that you should change the way you play. Deaths is one very important variable to that overall "i am playing good" aspect of the game.

Thus, it can drastically change the way a player plays the game.

Yet another futile thread shooting into the ether, hoping one day they'll actually pay attention.

That in and of itself isn't all that drastic, its just that they don't even pretend to care about progressing the game anymore, its almost as if they are laughing in our faces by reverting the game rather than going forwards. Its pathetic.

You don't think steering the discussion of your thread from "devs need to pay attention to common complaints" and onto "big meanie mod doesn't like me" is staying on topic? It wasn't you that initiated that second tangent, but you responded to and perpetuated it.

For the sake of transparency, the only person I have issued a warning to for anything related to this thread or discussion was NewBritish for ignoring a warning about making threads to pointlessly attack employees. By my own estimation, I make a terrible tyrant if I can't even crack down on criticism of myself!

Everyone is welcome to criticize forum moderation, and I personally think you should at any time you think a mod has overstepped their bounds, but doing it in whatever thread you want will inevitably kill discussion of the original topic in those threads. That's why this thread, which is clearly about dissatisfaction with mods, remains open but was moved to the correct section.

You're upset your thread was closed, but your thread stopped being about what it was made for on the first page, and by the second page it had switched again. This is indisputable, and it's honestly laughable that you tried to argue this because you yourself reported the first derailment. Now you are choosing not to view your subsequent posts with a critical eye to see how you participated in the same behavior you reported.
Nice try but I think it's laughable how you still insist on the excuse of "derailment", I think this is the Blücker_'s post you mean as "derailment":
Doesn't look like a derailment to me.

This is my contribution to the "derailment":
You probably thought the second part was on you as well and got offended. Although I thought it was clear I moved on from you after the first paragraph and went on with my on-topic rant about community managers, it's understandable if you are mistaken. What is not understandable is how arrogant you were by trying to use my own reports as the grounds for the lock and claiming it was "repeated derailing" like it took a great deal of effort for the mods' part to manage the thread when in fact you didn't even bother to give the required warnings to the ones who really tried to "derail the thread" by trolling (which I also reported expecting they were gonna continue, which they didn't) before the lock. We didn't go on and on about how irrational and arrogant you were acting which created a "toxic ambiance" for pages as you said that stuff belongs to this thread. It came out in the comment I already shared above and we commented on that and then left it at that, it was over until you decided to pull the same nonsense that I claimed you pulled before and in doing so you proved my point.

Acting out of spite :lol:

I have so many more tools at my disposal to be spiteful with, why on earth would I choose to just lock a thread and nothing more pointed or personal? Why would I let you drag this out in public, in a thread targeted specifically at me, and not just mute you, thread ban you, or even ban you from the forum? Nah, man, I just locked a thread because it couldn't stay focused for even one page. It was your thread about how the devs don't seem to listen to what you and many others are saying about the game, so sure, it feels like I'm just being their agent of suppressing dissent, but we've already established that I'm publicly and vocally dissatisfied with the game's development as well. I don't have a problem with people voicing their displeasure with the game, but we have a set of rules and they're not just a formality.

Back
Top Bottom