Original Thread - Introduction and Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

The V3 Map is crap.. best way to keep it short.

The map consists out of a large plain with way to many trees, i think it should be frustrating to release a map which doesn't run proper on almost all computers, the big fps drop is bad for the whole community playing on the server(s). The map also misses out on some ''feeling'' factor which the old V2 Map did have.

I would suggest making a new map instead of fixing this one as the spawn location is really bad, the trees + bush spammage is insane, the random model positioning outside and inside of castles is only adding to server load and client slowdown.

I see how there was an attempt to set a more natural environment but the spam is not the way to do it. The community will make the map work, not the amount of objects.

Overal the improvements are really worth it but not the map that came along with it ^^.

i really likes the V2 map with tavern and stuff, if you can implement the new trade and newer stuff added to V3 to that map. Itll be awesome!! and dont get carried away with the newer weird stuff, cause id like the other versions better.

ugh...

this 'new' map you people speak of is the ORIGINAL MAP. It's the first one, build for v.1b and editted from there.
I HATE when the people from 22nd think that is the original map...

Hate me all you want, but you can't ignore that the map is making the game slowdown and unplayable for some (also for me).

I only stepped in since a week so i never tried the 1st version. I like the mod a lot and always help to evolve it if wanted, always spread the word about bugs and even exploits so no one is left out. So DO hold that against me.

applesauce117boy said:
hey im brand new to the forum and the game ive downloaded a mod before and i dont know how can u tell me how to download urs i have version 1.127

Translation: Hey, I'm brand new to the forum and I've never downloaded a mod for this game before. Can you tell me how to download this mod and I have version 1.127 of warband.

HELLO, and please do not be offended by me "translating" the post. It was merely to make it clearer for other forum members as I had to re-read it several times before I figured out what you meant.

Once you have downloaded the mod off of MB repository go to Computer -> Program files (x86). Here things start to differ, I assume you would look for the Mount and Blade warband program folder if you have the retail version of the game. But I have the steam version so it would go something like Computer -> Program files (x86) -> steam -> steam apps -> mount and blade warband -> Modules. Once to the modules folder you would duplicate the native folder (just copy and paste it) and rename it PWMODv3. Once you've done that copy ALL the files in the PWMODv3 file that you DOWNLOADED and copy them into the module folder you just created. Hit overwrite everything and then the mod should be working perfectly. Just start warband, when it asks you what module to play, hit the drop down and click on PWMODv3. Then go to multiplayer and look for servers hosting PWMODv3.

Tarkz said:
Swadian Man at Arms said:
No, it's so retarding. :evil:

I would like even an Chinese one with 500 ping rate but I want to play. :sad:

tell me about it... yesterday couldn't find a server.. well one but they all spoke italian so they kicked me, RACISM i say lol but ahhh im dreading to play this man im so bored  :evil:

Yeah! Two days in a row and didnt find A server of PW_v3! Men I wanananananananananananannnaanannananana play it!!!

And about that italian server... italians arent bad... BAD ARE KOREANS RACIST WARBAND DOMINATORS! 40% of servers in warband are Koreans! And every time I entered a Korean Server I was alone trying to speak english and they kick me!

People that complain about FPS and the map... all you need to do is adjust your graphics settings and stop trying to run everything on max detail if you dont have a new pc.  I have a pentium 4 and never had any lag issues with the map all i do was tweak graphics settings.

Things like environment shadows, character shadows are not needed, tree detail set on minimum, same for grass, blood stains near player only, rag dolls 1, corpses 5,  plant shadows none, shader quality low, hdr mode off, resolution 800 x 600. grass density 0%.

Estimated performance = 110%

Well, I run on DirectX 7 with shadows off and such, but it still lags, it becomes more and more unplayable, now I try to update my map to the current version and hopefully I'll see some servers playing it...and it is polished. :roll:

Downloaded v3, but I can't play. :???:

When I click to the server, system acts like I haven't installed the mod. What should I do? :neutral:

Jansay said:
Downloaded v3, but I can't play. :???:

When I click to the server, system acts like I haven't installed the mod. What should I do? :neutral:

Did you copy all the files in the PWMODv3 file into a copy of a native module? The PWMODv3 download that laszlo provided isn't play ready, it must be merged with a native folder first as it only has the scripts that are changed and not all the files.

Back
Top Bottom