Original Thread - Introduction and Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Havoc said:
That would be a good idea.

Also, when I picked up a jousting lance I noticed it said, "Raise Ladder". I had a look and you can change that to what ever you want in module_strings.

Oh yes, I added those items aaaages ago before I did all the strings. Thanks man, added that to the bug list.

Also, I just remembered that I had iron mining turned right down to a 1 second turnover so alpha testers could obtain denari super-quick.

I had to restore it to the usual timing, which meant an emergency patch. Version 1a has now been released. :grin:

I wonder if you are the same Laszlo who is making the Elizabeth Bathory series mod for Thief 2 Metal Age.

I just had a stroll around (by hosting my own, just to check out the map) since there is no server up.

I really like what you've done - this mod seems it'd be awesome if it has a bunch of fair people in it.
One thing I didn't get though, is how you make money? The iron bar thing, I didn't find, nor understand. Plus I suppose killing isn't the main focus of the mod to begin with - so are there easy ways to make some money otherwise?

Also, you should ask 22nd to host your mod too if you can, I'm sure they'd be willing to put up another 222 man one.

I've had VERY similar ideas myself a few months ago, and I'm very glad someone did develop this idea -- I think an obvious next task in improving this is adding seperate chat for different kingdoms (in their respective colours). It's possible I'm quite sure, but probably gonna be a bit tricky since you would have to rewrite a new chat system yourself. (since the actual one isn't modular afaik) but it'd be very cool if you did, and very much improve the chances of organised attacks, diplomacy, whatnot.

Highelf said:
I just had a stroll around (by hosting my own, just to check out the map) since there is no server up.

I really like what you've done - this mod seems it'd be awesome if it has a bunch of fair people in it.
One thing I didn't get though, is how you make money? The iron bar thing, I didn't find, nor understand. Plus I suppose killing isn't the main focus of the mod to begin with - so are there easy ways to make some money otherwise?

Also, you should ask 22nd to host your mod too if you can, I'm sure they'd be willing to put up another 222 man one.

I've had VERY similar ideas myself a few months ago, and I'm very glad someone did develop this idea -- I think an obvious next task in improving this is adding seperate chat for different kingdoms (in their respective colours). It's possible I'm quite sure, but probably gonna be a bit tricky since you would have to rewrite a new chat system yourself. (since the actual one isn't modular afaik) but it'd be very cool if you did, and very much improve the chances of organised attacks, diplomacy, whatnot.

There are 2 ways to get money, and I should update the OP with this soon.

1. The iron mine. It's a major land mark; you should be able to find it. It's the strategic resource of the entire map. Iron mining has 3 levels of bars
Small bar - 20 seconds - 500 denari
Medium bar - 60 seconds - 1500 denari
Large bar - 180 seconds - 5000 denari

2. Gold chests
Small chest - 20 seconds - 200 denari
Medium chest - 60 seconds - 600 denari
Large chest - 180 seconds - 2000 denari

Each castle has 1 small, 1 medium, 1 large gold chest. They are much less efficient because they are protected. The iron is more valuable and is exposed and in a [presumably] heavily contested area.

*edit* Also, that would be an amazing thing, to have this hosted on a 222 man server! Unfortunately, I'm an oceanic player and would not enjoy returning to high overseas pings :sad:.

Something I noticed is that the map gets a bit laggy for people. I'd recommend telling people to turn their graphics down from the normal level, unless you've got a nice computer.

guilemaster said:
Something I noticed is that the map gets a bit laggy for people. I'd recommend telling people to turn their graphics down from the normal level, unless you've got a nice computer.

Yeah, good point, I piled in a truly irresponsible amount of objects on the largest map I could possibly make. I recommend some sort of supercomputer or maybe DirectX7 if you've got older hardware.

Mordaunt said:
Laszlo I'm happy to setup a dedicated server for this mod for you to admin, just say the word. If you need any assistance with scening etc I've got a little experience in that now too :smile:.

What a delightful offer.

Doomicus said:
Mordaunt said:
Laszlo I'm happy to setup a dedicated server for this mod for you to admin, just say the word. If you need any assistance with scening etc I've got a little experience in that now too :smile:.

What a delightful offer.

Indeed! I've been chatting with Mord via PM and he's gonna have a crack at hosting it. :smile:

I've also just uploaded version 1b, because I accidentally left out the latest scene objects file from 1a (whoops).

This is the third time I've downloaded your mod now Laszlo. Now return the favour :smile: by downloading my mod three times. :lol:

Looks great! :grin: Haven't tried it yet, the computer is tied up with other stuff, but I will soon.

Are you planning to release the module system code for it? I might have a go sometime at getting money trading, horse buying, and whatever working if so; though right at the moment I'm busy with changes for my own mod.

I remember testing this one time in mumble, just out of no-where, I happen to be in the right place at the right time, IT WAS STILL IS  AWESOME

Back
Top Bottom