Organize a mapping contest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Can there maybe be a mapping contest for all the modes? The winners get a badge (and maybe an extra bannerlord key, money might be an issue).

You have mapping tools and an amazing modding community, the amount of maps created for Warband is rather insane. Paying a developer to actually make maps is expensive.

Asking people to make a Siege map is maybe a bit much to ask as they are absolutely massive and have to account for many things, it's quite a lot of trial and error. But Skirm, captain, and TDM should be doable?

Give people a month or so to submit their maps and set rules:
- Not trademark inflicting, I can imagine that stuff like Helms Deep could cause trademark issues
- Size x for this mode
- X amount of spawns for this mode
- Needs reasonable performance (or whatever)

You won't get a perfectly working map as we don't have a server to test them on (no comment) but you do get worked out ideas and community feedback on which maps the community would want to play. You just get a list with maps and votes, take the top 2 for each mode and vet them by your standards.

TLDR: Many people want new maps and you have a modding community willing to help. Organize a contest and let people vote, vet the maps and choose which ones you want to implement further. (You keep full control and are not obliged to put in a map whatsoever)

@AVRC @NIN3

Hey I love the idea.

But we cant really host a contest like this without custom servers. Designing multiplayer maps requires a lot of testing in the making of them, which modders wouldnt be able to do at the moment.

Still once we have them, we should definitely think about something like this. Ill bring it up!

Hey I love the idea.

But we cant really host a contest like this without custom servers. Designing multiplayer maps requires a lot of testing in the making of them, which modders wouldnt be able to do at the moment.

Still once we have them, we should definitely think about something like this. Ill bring it up!
Ok great,

Ty for answering and advancing good arguments

Keep going guys :grin:

Much of courage for all the dev team

Great idea. I mean Taleworlds should try to involve their community alot more. Why cant we get a survey asking uss what we want them to focus on right now? What short-term or long-term features do we think is most important? What do we currently think is good with the game and what do we currently think is bad?

These is alot Taleworlds can learn from their community.

Hey I love the idea.

Dont get it wrong but there are 2 or 4 maps around and many of them are over a year but still has serious problems. Trading Post stuttering and some glitches existing in other maps. I mean i dont have stutter problem and some glitches in single player 2000x2000. But in multiplayer side 6 versus 6 we have some serious problems always. Let modders a chance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom