Organised European Line Battles: A sudden lack of them! PLEASE READ AND DISCUSS

Users who are viewing this thread

SeanBeansShako

Sergeant Knight at Arms
These last few weeks seem to have been quite a struggle in both organising and attending the currently established European line battles of these forums for all of us.

Now I know it is the late summer and since the community is quite young many of them are enjoying what time they have left, that is fair enough. But we still have a strong enough community to have two or even three solid events in a time zone that 3AM in the morning.

The North American side of things actually appears to be soldifying and growing slowly but it is getting harder and harder to get into any European prime time battles. What can we do as a community?

I hear what your saying, as you know we had to cancel our weekly siege today because so many people were no shows.

I can only put it down to 2 things..

[list type=decimal]
[*]Everyone is going back to school/college ect, so everyone will be a little up and down with times for a bit.
[*]The new games have dragged people into them, CS:GO/War of the Roses, ect.
[/list]

I hope it picks up :\

There are many linebatttles that are being scheduled off-taleworlds, there is for example the ''regimental officer/leader'' group where some regiments use as a prominent source of linebattle searching.

MrSnickers said:
He dosen't mean 1v1's.

He means the big weekly events.
Yes, so do I. Many linebattles are being scheduled through steam chat and steam groups & visiting other regimental teamspeaks to organize linebattles.

SvenssonHD said:
MrSnickers said:
He dosen't mean 1v1's.

He means the big weekly events.
Yes, so do I. Many linebattles are being scheduled through steam chat and steam groups & visiting other regimental teamspeaks to organize linebattles.

I'm in that group. I post many announcements to get people into the line battles I'm helping. Only a handful or less actually pay attention.

Barely anyone but my guys and some of the 65th showed for their siege. Our Monday and Friday events have temporarily been called off for another week in the formers case. I've had to tell my active regiments EU guys for the 3rd time this week nothing is happening line battle wise.

For more then 6'ish months, We attended both Lance's Sunday and Crusaders Saturday linebattle, both organised and, as far as I know, Still running. You might want to look into those. For Fridays, I believe Yuki is hosting one. I do also believe 84e is hosting a Siege event weekly on thursdays, and 63e one on Wednesdays.

There is indeed plenty of organised european linebattles still in motion.

Talii said:
For more then 6'ish months, We attended both Lance's Sunday and Crusaders Saturday linebattle, both organised and, as far as I know, Still running. You might want to look into those. For Fridays, I believe Yuki is hosting one. I do also believe 84e is hosting a Siege event weekly on thursdays, and 63e one on Wednesdays.

My guys don't along with Lances choices for Admins, I've respectfully left Crusaders event as I disagree with the rules and Yuki just cancelled this weeks line battle. As for 84e it is hard to get in.

Maybe I am making a mountain of a mole hill with late summer and a few new games some people are playing right now but even so, it wouldn't hurt for previous line battle organisers and admins to get together and maybe talk about the future of organised european events for Napoleonic Wars.

Well yes and no, it's also very dependant on how much drive you have to do things, Evan & Eagle whipped up a 3v3 linebattle in 20 minutes a couple of nights ago which was quite fun to play in.

Just a case of being spontaneous and taking the opportunities that are presented, or creating your own opportunites.

And for the one wanting something pre-organized there's plenty of stuff still, 42nd wednesday event, 92nd & 84e thursday events, 1erTir Friday event, etc.

SeanBeansShako said:
These last few weeks seem to have been quite a struggle in both organising and attending the currently established European line battles of these forums for all of us.

Now I know it is the late summer and since the community is quite young many of them are enjoying what time they have left, that is fair enough. But we still have a strong enough community to have two or even three solid events in a time zone that 3AM in the morning.

The North American side of things actually appears to be soldifying and growing slowly but it is getting harder and harder to get into any European prime time battles. What can we do as a community?
This is normal for this time of year bro. We went through the same thing in the fall in MM too. You just gotta ride it out. Once everyone is settled back into school again, they will start ignoring their homework and come back to the line battles. As a comparison, my NA events which are usually close to 100 vs 100 have been around 80 vs 80 the past couple weeks.

Kipsleverworst said:
Wow in the 84e we have every day a LB, sometimes we have 3 in one day.
That's a bit overkill, it gets plain sick to do the same thing over and over. No historical immersion or the yay I'm in a linebattle for a first time. It just becomes playing NW a lot. That's why the FKI is hosting a siege event. You do operate in line but charges and defending actually make it an enjoyable experience.

When I was a regiment leader I signed up for too many events and people couldn't make them all instead of me telling them to,"be here saturday!". Which is a perk being in a big regiment, you always have people showing up.

Well.. the regiment im in (63e) goes to many EU linebattles and I organize many events and get full attendance. Maybe try contacting 25th Marton (his regiment does siege/lb's in EU time but doesnt have it in forum)

Menelaos16 said:
Kipsleverworst said:
Wow in the 84e we have every day a LB, sometimes we have 3 in one day.
That's a bit overkill, it gets plain sick to do the same thing over and over. No historical immersion or the yay I'm in a linebattle for a first time. It just becomes playing NW a lot. That's why the FKI is hosting a siege event. You do operate in line but charges and defending actually make it an enjoyable experience.

When I was a regiment leader I signed up for too many events and people couldn't make them all instead of me telling them to,"be here saturday!". Which is a perk being in a big regiment, you always have people showing up.
Not everyone share the same opinion.

Yes, being in a big regiment provides the opportunities to go to different battles, but some people enjoy NW. I play NW all the time. I wish we would participate in more battles such as he was saying. Small regiments probably need to limit themselves to about two/three events a week + training that way, they get attendance, and keep the interest of potential recruits. Once you can regularly field around 15-20, sign up for more. Once a regiment becomes prestigious, such as the 84e, events almost come to them. Battles is what makes the game fun.

SeanBeansShako said:

As the EU events go, I'm not aware. But the NA community has it almost routine-ed. There is about 3 main battles that regiments fight to get in to. 5arge's battle  (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,236316.0.html), but that is invite only so it's hard for anyone to get in. You've got the Top Secret Linebattles (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,230308.0.html), which there is sizeable waiting list. The NEC battles (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,236341.0.html), which imho are just as good as these others, despite what I've heard some people say. Most NA regiments try to get themselves into one of these.

Frederickson has N.A.C.E. (North American Combat Event) which is now only a friday linebattle, I think. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240198.0.html

Tormidal and the IRC host a Thursday evening battle. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,237451.0.html

Myself with the support my regiment, the FKI, host an NA siege event on Saturdays. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240654.0.html

The Reddit just started hosting a round of battles that occur on Monday and Thursdays. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,243561.0.html

I believe the SaDragoons host one. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,243859.0.html

FKI host a Sunday evening battle. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,233909.0.html

I'd link everything but I think I've given the essay far enough.

Point is, if the EU community really needs something, you should jumpstart something like that. However, my current knowledge is that several EU regiments afford to go to daily battles and though there are different opinions of this, I'm sure there are open spots somewhere. Just need to talk to the right people and search just hard enough.

Post over.  :cool:

Edit: Post not over. I believe the EU community benefits more from the diversity of battles. The battles you see above, for the most part, the regiments that participate go to both the Tuesday and the Friday battle. One of the organizations decided that regiments that only came to one of their events would eventually be phased out and regiments that wish to participate in both would have the priority. Makes sense to me. The thing with EU is there are different battles every day without those kind of ties to them. So new regiments can pick and choose what days they want their guys to show up, and just grow from there. It's hard to do that in the NA community.

SeanBeansShako said:
Talii said:

My guys don't along with Lances choices for Admins, I've respectfully left Crusaders event as I disagree with the rules and Yuki just cancelled this weeks line battle. As for 84e it is hard to get in.

Maybe I am making a mountain of a mole hill with late summer and a few new games some people are playing right now but even so, it wouldn't hurt for previous line battle organisers and admins to get together and maybe talk about the future of organised european events for Napoleonic Wars.

Well then right off the bat your limiting the Line battles you are willing to attend. So there isn't a lack of organised line battles at all ... its just there is a lack for you because your unwilling to go for different reasons.

By the looks of it your only applying for 1/3 (Seen as Yukis wasn't on this week I removed it for context) ... so its not anyones fault there isn't enough for you, its just you don't want to actually get into some of them ... you could happily attend 3/3 instead.

What are the organisers going to talk about "I'm going to carry on with my line battle" "Me too" "Goodluck see you later" ... done talk over.

Thats not true . I organise myself lots of events, I dont see where we suddenly have a lack of EU lbs ?  :shock:

SeanBeansShako said:
Talii said:

Well, then why name the thread to Organised European Line Battles: A sudden lack of them, when you seem to mean Organised European Line Battles: A sudden lack of them which we like to attend.

:wink:

There is a multitude of choice for Linebattles...

using this thread (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,222722.0.html) I counted at least 20 EU lb's in a week....

Back
Top Bottom