ORDER v CHAOS: The Jagged Coast [TC]{Event} Poll Added

What time Saturday should the next event start?

• 1 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • 3 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

• 6 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

• 8 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Azrayel

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Open to suggestions on how to improve the event.

I. Broad Concept/"Abstract"
II. Position Roster
III. Special Concepts
IV. Bird's Eye Maps

CURRENT MAYOR CANDIDATES:
LeFox
is the incumbent mayor; all who wish to run please PM me before Wednesday!

Broad Concept

Players will spawn in and go to fill their role- the beginning minutes will be spent getting some money (given for certain select positions) and getting to know you're faction mates and collecting rumors.

You will be able to join one of several special RP factions/groups, but before long the bandits will have learned the mountain paths and begin terrorizing the general populace- while defenses are being organized the Redwater Raiders, a group of vikings just off the coast, will also be launching more organized and better armed raids. Another mysterious threat further to the East also encroaches, with whispers of dark occult goings on.

RP isn't forced; playing your role here could mean doing a bit of mining/woodcutting then arming up to defend or raid, et cetera. But even by doing this you'll contribute to the event while still having fun with lots of combat- this is a high-action RP event where the walking&talking and riding&swiping elements occur parallel rather than being awkwardly divorced to bring the best of both PW worlds.

Position Roster

(10k per person)
City Castle Faction
King Mahalt III of the Kingdom of Jerucia is Karl (1)
Heir(s) Prince Symeon the Silverstar (3 max, 1 min)
Court Members: Lady Semiramis, Archduke Tammo Redwood (mayhaps?), Sivart(plot to take take control, place a different heir on the throne, advise the monarch towards various courses of action or just make merry and slay the impetuous rabble- members of the Court may weigh in with a vote if the Monarch convenes a Council to vote on laws/actions/decrees, but he doesn't necessarily have to do as they say)
Servant (finding a noble to serve's up to you)
(inf, don't get carried away)
Guard Commander take by Orindell (1)
Guard Captain (2)
Guardsmen: Raging Womble,

City's Citizenry (Commoner)
Caravan Owner taken by Gaham (1) [important role, competence required, funded]
Sloop Captain (1) (funded to hire crew etc.)
Cog Captain (1) (funded to hire crew etc.)
The Cannibal (1) (secret, if you're interested PM only)
Tavern Keeper (1)
Whore: Orchid (1) (doc training paid for and scalpel given to you)
Mercenary: Drake Crewe (inf) (tough blokes ready to fight for money)
Town Crier: Hvatr Attisson (1 min, inf) (yell the news at passers-by to inform them of attacks, hostile positions, and the latest street rumors)
Citizen (inf) (REGULAR COMMONER)

ASSASSINS and THIEVES
PM me if interested; infrastructure and numbers not common knowledge.

(10k per person)
Redwater Raiders (equipped to go a-Viking)
Jarl Taken, Moorehead
Captain Sven One-Eyed, Legolan
Thane

(5k per person)
Cultists
Summoner taken by High Priest (1)
Cultist(s) Scrambas, avenged_sevenfold (inf)

(5k per pre-signed watchman, designated uniform for Constable)
Village of Cotswell Faction
Mayor (1) LeFox! PM/post to campaign put yourself forward (for next season)
Constable: Isaiah(1)
Watch Captain: Wanderer (2)
Watchman (inf)
Serf (inf) (can move on to Watchman later once obtaining as much money as they want to work for)

(1k and a steppe horse per bandit present at the bandit training camp at event's start)
Mountain Clans (Bandits)
Chieftain: Deserath (1) (not all bandits are necessarily adherent to the power-structure- you must enforce your dominance by any means necessary!)
Shaman(1) Healer training paid for, scalpel provided
Boulder Man: Ser Spencer (2)
Mountain Man (inf) (regular bandit)

SPECIAL CONCEPTS

LIST of LAWS and DECREES by King Mahalt III
PROSTITUTION?: Y

SLAVERY?: N

KOS BANDITS?: Y

KOS CULTISTS?: N

KOS RAIDERS?: Y

HUNT THIEVES?: N

HUNT ASSASSINS?: N

TAX COTSWELL?: N

NEXT IN LINE FOR THRONE?: Prince Symeon the Silverstar [Cassander/Conrad]

DEATH PENALTY?: Y

Tyranny/Terror Level: This is important for follow-up events (or in one event if it gets really bad); the more tyrannical the City Faction's Leader is or the more terrorized the commoners are, the higher this will go until topping off at 100% (or lower, based on various faction-power factors) and causing Professional_Revolutionary_Stalin to arrive to fund and orchestrate a revolution, putting the crowd's favored leader on the throne.

Successfully destroying the revolution or killing Stalin will reduce the T/T Level.

Commoners/Cotswell/whoever may revolt without the T/T level being too high or Stalin appearing, but it will be more difficult without the additional funds to arm the masses.

Faction Leaders: I'm not going to over complicate things right now, but bear in mind that the amount of gold in your chest at the end of the event can be spent on map changes/other things in the event of a follow-up event.

Caravan Man: You should hire guards and cart horse riders to bring shipments of wood/iron (you profit from this, a bit) and help engineers create better weapons to arm the guards/people with!

Maps will be forthcoming...

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
Stalin? Seriously?

T'is a placeholder name  :mrgreen:

L3git Squig Herder said:
Event looks awesome.  :shock: What time will this be?

Looks right now to be held sometime Sunday; input on when everyone can make it/would most like it very welcome!

gaham1 said:
If you need a caravan owner I would love to work that.

Consider yourself signed aboard  :mrgreen:

I will either be playing as the notorious Captain Harald Blackbeard of the pirates/vikings. Or a scheming noble who wants to control the throne. One of the court members who is cousin to the monarch.

I was going to become caravan but that arse Gaham took it first. I might not even come though.

If I do I think I will be a arms dealer. Sort of like a caravan. I would appreciate if I was funded for it  :grin:

In that case, I'd like to apply to be Summoner Cultist, under High Priest of the Blood God. If not, I would like to be the Tavern Keeper, under Billy Froglegs.

I will show up, but give me a thing to do when the event is going, because i dont know what I want to do.

Legolan said:
I will show up, but give me a thing to do when the event is going, because i dont know what I want to do.

The event is designed to be very friendly to this idea; you can just hop in and play  :mrgreen: but also with a more complex element going on in the background that helps move and shake events.

I will put A real post tomorrow but for now I will just take up space  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom