Order of battle system breaks formation mid battle. help!

Users who are viewing this thread

so i just started playing on 1.7 and reached clan tier 3 with about 100 men under my command. all my guys are cavalry and horse archers. i got a mod that allows a bunch extra companions so i have like 20 of them in horse archer formation with bow

first of all, the new system sucks compared to the previous formation set up that's fixed. there's a lot less control and customization. and on top of that i have to set up every field battle which is a pain in the ass.

i would start the battle with 60 cavalry and 30 horse archers. but the moment the horse archers are out of arrows. the game automatically mixes both of my formations so they have 45 men each. i have no idea which men are in which formation.
worst part is that sometimes this is done mid combat. like i issue a charge command and 15 of my cavalry suddenly go to the horse archer formation way on the other side of the map instead of charging. walking through enemy lines and getting cut down

this is a huge annoyance since the game already has bugs like putting marauders/raiders who are horse archers in to formation 3 with the cavalry. and now i have to keep tabs on my horse archer ammo so i can hold fire before they runout to prevent formationshift?

lol what the ****?

why do game devs think taking away player agency and forcing AIs to make decisions is a good idea? is there a work around or should i go back to 1.65?

Back
Top Bottom