Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.

slimdunk0219

Recruit
Summary:When creating formations before battle, If I add a filter to the formation like " prefer units with shields" this filter will not work, none of the filters work, tried with multiple cultures of troops too. Units with no shields will be put in a shield group. A heavy armor group will have recruits, polearm troops don't go into formation. Can we not go back to the old system of being able to manually set a troop type to a formation via the party screen, it was way better, and more straight forward, no room for stuff to go wrong. Other than that this game and 1.7 is great, awesome job TW and thanks!

How to Reproduce: create a formation in order of battle, assign filter and then add troops
Have you used cheats and if so which: N/A
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs: N/A
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

To be fair, the new system shows great promise, but it's not very satisfying right now.
Let's give concrete examples :
- if you want to level up sturgian archers for instance, you can have 2 groups and add "heavy armor" to the group with high level archers and tell them not to fire. The system gives priority to tier 3 archers in the "low level" group, great. However, the tier 4 troops don't have priority in the low level group before the tier 5 troops, instead it seems to fill the group randomly.
- I got the same problem as above with melee, horse archers, and cavalry.
- some orders are interpreted wrong, for instance "charge" only changes their position.
- when I create an infantry group in group 5, they often position themselves with too much space between each other in the future battles (not the first time though). I suspect they act as if they were cavalry, even though they are not mounted (including the captain).
- we don't have access to the "protect the left flank" kind of orders that the AI uses for cavalry.
- sieges show an order of battle as usual but the order is completely overridden when starting.

if you want to level up sturgian archers for instance, you can have 2 groups and add "heavy armor" to the group with high level archers and tell them not to fire. The system gives priority to tier 3 archers in the "low level" group, great. However, the tier 4 troops don't have priority in the low level group before the tier 5 troops, instead it seems to fill the group randomly. " "-I got the same problem as above with melee, horse archers, and cavalry.
When we create a heavily armored group and then change the slider the system puts the high armored units which are high-level/tiered archers and infantries. If we move the slider more than the number of high-tiered troops the system also puts other armored but low-level troops there. This is a player preference and not a bug. IF you think this is a bug could you please capture a video of this issue so that we understand the issue correctly?
we don't have access to the "protect the left flank" kind of orders that the AI uses for cavalry.
We never had an order like this before. It would be great if you can open a suggestion thread for this.
The other reports are confirmed as bugs and are being fixed.

When we create a heavily armored group and then change the slider the system puts the high armored units which are high-level/tiered archers and infantries. If we move the slider more than the number of high-tiered troops the system also puts other armored but low-level troops there. This is a player preference and not a bug. IF you think this is a bug could you please capture a video of this issue so that we understand the issue correctly?

We never had an order like this before. It would be great if you can open a suggestion thread for this.
The other reports are confirmed as bugs and are being fixed.
Group management:

The "old" group allocation system via party management screen allowed each troop type to be allocated to a specific group.

So if for some reason you wanted group I to be all infantry without a shield, you would tag all infantry types with a shield as group V.

The party management screen now has no group allocation or controls. As it is completely in the "pre-battle" management screen (which first appears based on reaching clan level 2 or some skill requirement, not sure as I have not seen any guide describing how it works).

So to perform the split of "no shield infantry group I and shield infantry group 5" requires the following:

1. Group I is infantry by default, with all infantry assigned here.
2. Define group 5 as Infantry (choose the little sword icon). This does not transfer any troops from Group I.
3. Allegedly, ticking the shield preferred should result in (future) shield troops when added to the party should go to Group V. Note: infantry troops with shields in group I do not change groups at this point.
4. Move the group V slider across to transfer troops from group I to group V. There is no information in the control box to indicate when all the shield using infantry have changed groups. So you have to position both groups on the screen so you can see them, then adjust the slider to visually confirm that group I has no one with shields and for group V everyone has a shield. As a test I moved only some of the shielded troops in one battle. This allocation was exactly replicated in the next battle. So for existing troops you have to change the allocation completely yourself. This could be done with Groups I and II, allocating archers to a different group.

How the group lock performs in different situations needs to be tested.

Party battle orders.

Previously when a mercenary in a npc clan, and fighting in an Army I have seen npc army leader give me orders (as a melee cavalry leader) to fight on left or right flank, charge, skirmish, fall back.

The (player) battle order system does not have an option to direct a (melee cavalry) group to fight on left, right or both flanks (we get charge, advance, fallback, stop, etc). This only occurs in battles where you use the Sergeants take command (F6) order, and only if the enemy target is not considered weaker 9 (when everyone just charges). For fights vs near equal & stronger opponents, the npc Sergeant will split the melee cavalry into left and right flank sub components. What happens on F6 vs a strong opponent, if you have two melee Cav groups? Do not know, (one group each flank or half each group to each flank) someone needs to test this (with only minimal text advice or watching the two groups to ascertain behaviour).

Essentially without being told "this setting does XYZ", players need to use/change settings from battle to battle and apply a large amount of concentration watching what happens.

It seems "Lag R Aus" and I are not talking about the same problems but mine looks more like a bug than a missing feature.
Here's an explanation in two images, probably clearer than a GIF.
UzhtPll.png

Let's increase number in group 6 with the slider :

KVmUlEt.png

That doesn't seem like a big deal until you need to train troops very fast : every max tier unit added to group 6 will "steal" a lot of xp to the lower level units. (I use this method to tell group 2 to stay behind for low levels to get more xp in group 6)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom